Reviews for Lurid
Hawki chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Damn...I mean, we all knew how...well, "evil" Nightmare is, but this certainly hammerred the point home. Effective use of alternating alignment and good wording. Overall, good job.
Highwayman Myth chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
I guess that's what happens when you grip Soul Edge's hilt the first time. What a rush!

I almost forgot about this oneshot. I read it when it came out, but forgot to review. sorry for waiting so long.

-Myth
Lacuna The Lost chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
O.O

Chilling...

*shivers*

Nightmare is definitely one of the darkest and most vile villains of all time. His portrayal here has me fearing for his foes. It has also strengthened my sympathy for Siegfried for having to endure his presence for so long...
Solipsism chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Dark and seductive to the eye it is Razer. Beautiful within the contrast to the actual definition to what a nightmare/night terror actually is and what it actually does to people.
Karas98 chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
for any reader who wants to understand nightmare like i did and get inside his head i suggest you read this. you may fide yourself at the brink of darkness and at the edge of your seat.
AmberAnodyne chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
"Offer your soul."

Only to Nightmare. :D
occasionallyme chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
This is creepy as hell. Nightmare's pre-fight taunts have always made me laugh (I don't know why) but when you write it like that... *shivers*

Stunning work, as always.
Copper.Shine chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
Nightmare's not my favorite character...at all...but holy crap this made me see him in a whole knew light. Every line made me shiver, it was written so well. You gave his character a greedy and chilling edge to it, while still keeping him OC. I loved how you described his desire to corrupt souls, it was written perfectly. Also I didn't spot any grammer or spelling errors, so bonus points for you.

Well done on this, it is going to my favorites list ASAP.
storytime chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
damn raze... if this is what da rest of 'with me' will be lyk... then bring it on.

i've never seen/played sc b4, all i no is its lyk tekken but w/ swords & shields & all. but this was chilling.

gd job. again.
Layagg chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
Dude, that was great! Your vivid descriptions were hair raising. Love it!
TeaC0sy chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
"... From the dream of a dream of love..."

I don't play Soul Calibur... but again, I like this. Emotional outpour is strong. I likiee XD

Good job, you. Some great lines in there.
Icy Cake chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
Oh, this is nicely done! I love it - Nightmare's nasty complexion is well defined. My favourite lines would be your summary! Beautiful.
Anysia chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
Ooh, introspective-ish character piece. My one weakness.

Seriously, this is great. Nightmare may not be one of my favorite characters, but you did a superb job with his inner monologue. Your use of italics is masterful; you emphasized just the right moments to send a bit of a chill up my spine.

"And you will stand with me in the dark realm and laugh with me as the darkness eats away at everything you ever were."

FFN hates formatting in reviews and thus I'm forced to leave out the italics at the end, but that line right there: chilling. I love it.

Great description, flowing prose, spot-on characterization. I tip my non-existent hat to you, sir, and hope to see more of your work in the fandom. :)

-Anysia
AngelEyes87 chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
Bloody hell...that was awesome xD Congrats on doing your first Soul Calibur fic as you done a great job with this :) I never would have thought that Nightmare would view his enemies that way but now I can see the way he feels whenever he is challenged by a foe xD That is a good decipitation of Nightmare as he would have been that way and I liked the way how you compared them to a disease. Let's just say I will be shit scared if I had to face Nightmare as he would kick my arse and take my soul just like that lol xD But yeah, Nightmare is a destructive force and you have shown this in your story :) Faved!