Reviews for Duty and Honor
Eselde chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Oh my gosh... when I looked up "Sir Fratley" a couple hours ago, I was totally unprepared to find such a wonderful, goegeous, well written story! Everything about it just blew my mind, from the vivid descriptions, to the creation of a such an in-depth and complex past between Freya and Fratley, to how totally in character they were - I could go on and on, but I'm already gushing. Thank you so, so much for writing this, and for sharing it with the world.
Meriko chapter 1 . 9/6/2002
Angie: There's a sequel that I just completed yesterday on . It's called "Courage and Strength," and you can find it by clicking on my name from "Duty and Honor," and looking on my list of fanfics.
Angie chapter 1 . 8/4/2002
You are going to continue this? Right? Right?

This could be a fantastic start to a really great story. The only thing that struck me as kind of odd was that you described Freya's costume as blood-red, at the start. Isn't it more of a darkish pink? *shrugs* Anyway, I'm just nitpicking and my memory's been known to rival that of a goldfish.

Please, PLEASE write more. Though the ending wasn't a cliff-hanger, I feel like it is. I have to know what's happens next.
KLD chapter 1 . 7/12/2002
Wow. Just blew me away. Absolutly amazing. You kept Freya in character threw the whole thing, yet still explored a side of her we dont see in the game. You simply *must* write a follow up. I know I would love to hear of the adventure of Iron Tail Fratley and his companion Dragoon Knight Lady Frey. PLease keep up the good work, if you intend to continue on this idea, please email me!

*ps, Fratley and Freya suporters unite!
Lily Rosier chapter 1 . 2/11/2002
Meriko, you got a marriage proposal! *Dances off to blurt it about yer site* Of course, you made me fall in love with two characters I never even considered liking before. YOU'RE AMAZING!
Chappel chapter 1 . 1/5/2002
Real long, but great. I like this story a lot (Freya's my favorite) you should write a continuation of this story. Blah Blah Blah. Keep up the good work.
Kaffie chapter 1 . 11/23/2001
I love you. You are brilliant. Marry me.
wyndnfyr chapter 1 . 11/8/2001
WOW that's really about the only word that my present mental state will allow me to utter. Truly, a great story. Excellent. Superb. I almost started crying when Freya told Fratley what she really feels for him. Have you ever thought about writing professionally? Or do you do so already? in any case, im going to see if you have any other stories. If you do, I cannot wait to read them. wyndnfyr a.k.a. Misty
Reader 57 chapter 1 . 10/9/2001
... WOW! VERY good story! Whoever wrote this story is a SUPERB writer! Obviously very skilled in the rules of grammar and a master at toying with one's emotions as if they were clay! Bra-VO!
Heric Jacobs chapter 1 . 10/8/2001
Really well done! Deep emotions, action a bit of suspense. If anyone knows how to right fanfics it's you!
ShiningWind chapter 1 . 10/7/2001
i like it very much. its one of the best freya and fratley stories i have read. it was very moving.
M14Mouse chapter 1 . 10/4/2001
This story just rocks. I mean it. Keep up the excellent work.
Sephiroth 4000 chapter 1 . 10/3/2001
Wow. . .Amazing. There aren't too many Freya stories out there, and this one is beautiful. It left me with my mouth hanging open. And it doesn't hurt that Freya is one of my favourite characters, and Fratley is as well, even though you don't see much of him. Absolutely brilliant.
Fantastic chapter 1 . 10/1/2001
Wow... exquisitely written. There's a lot of out there in the world of fan fiction. But this is like a diamond. Perfectly written and finely crafted. I see that you are one who can feel words. I must say that this is perhaps one of the best pieces I have ever read, and that includes novels and other works. You have real talent. Also, I would be honored if you were to read some of my fics. They are based off of FF7, FF8, and FF9. I'm currently working on a second one for FF9, and am about halfway done with it, dealing with some writers block. If you Email me, I can send you the files directly, or you can hunt for them on

Many thanks, and keep up the good work,

Mark Buchholz
The Pink Tonberry chapter 1 . 10/1/2001
Most Freya stories I've read have a real bittersweet feeling. I like that. I also like how you haven't given this story a happy ending, but it is a hopeful ending. The narration is beautiful and the characters are well-represented. Thank you very much for sharing this!