Reviews for Perils of Simplicity
XxSupernatural.lovexX chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
oh god! I love Celestine! She is so-So so... whats the word? Weird...strangely just like me kinda sorta. I love her opinion on the judge this fic is SO hilarious!

“He’s not a beast,” Celestine argued weakly, not even aware that Polly had just said “bloody”. “He’s a man.”

God I loved that line! Celestine is such a little kid she's so lovable! I can't wait for the next chapter!
shampoo147 chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
. . .

Please update soon.
Shadowstar513 chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
Mkay! I like it, it's very good. Celestine is the weirdest creature I've ever met. So weird! I like her!
Greene Finch chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
heh. She called him beautiful...Wot if Mista T. finds out?

She called Judge Turnip jolly...

The latter scares me.

Badly.

It's going to give me nightmares...Judge Turnip!

KIND?

Look wot he did to Sweeney!

NOT KIND!

...Sorry for my rambling, but you 'ave a very nice story going on !

UPDATE!

...If only the poor girl knew the truth.
Gabriella chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
This was the best Story EVER!I love it!
andaere chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Hehehe.

I don't know why I'm reviewing this so late. Sorry.

Anyways: I can tell this is going to be good! It's very funny, very well-written and seemingly in character. The OCs are good (although Celestine can be QUITE annoying, but I suppose she'll supposed to be like that) and I don't think Polly's a Mary Sue. Like Marzi said, she tones down Celestine a bit. But I think it might get worse... Celestine has stalker potential... and you don't want to stalk serial killers... xD Anyway, Celestine seems like the perfect anti-Sue. )

Anyways, this is just HILARIOUS, especially about how naive Celestine is. The 'naughty word' thing made me crack up every time I read it.

I can totally sympathize with you on the wordiness issue. xD But I love the length of this chapter, and I'll really be looking forward to the next chapter and the next Sweeney/Lovett oneshot!

-pricks up ears- Did you say SWEENETT? YAY! -celebrates-

Stupid site totally understated my excitement, seeing as fanfiction doesn't let you do more than two exclamation points in a row... Oh well.

Anyways, update soon! I'm really excited for the next chapter! )
Spontaniously Insane chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
Ingenue, this story is just too funny. Celesti' is about the cute little kid that I have ever wanted to hit. Really.

Just one, quick thing - this might just be my computer, but there seem to be double-enters where there shouldn't(Like, between the words "hot" and "curling wick" when you're describing Celesti's hair).

Also, after Celesti' says "He's deliciously handsome" there's a random Damaged. I don't know what's up with that. XD Was it supposed to be something she said?

It might just be my tablet, but sometimes when I submit stories to it does that to me, too. Check the document just in case. I thought I should give you a friendly "Heads up - might be bitchin' at you" since no one else has yet.
Dark-Sephy chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
I certainly find it original and intriguing, making me wonder what will happen next, even more so as you said that the story will pick up in the next chapter. Obviously I also liked the length of the chapter if it's any promise to the next ones ; but no obligations there.

I don't really have a feeling of a Mary Sue story anyway, seeing as it was well-written and the characters described well, and Sweeney was obviously in character, though that part wasn't hard as it didn't change from the movie, but that makes me wonder what will happen when it does change.

Anyway, I like it, and good luck with writing the rest of it. Keep up the good work.
BeBopALula chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
Celestine is so funny. You depict her infatuation with Sweeney Todd perfectly.
Marzi chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
I'm intrigued, though I find Celestine incredibly annoying.. Ever read a book called To Say Nothing of the Dog? She's remarkably like a character named 'Tossie'.

Regardless of my views on her, Polly's attitude calms it down a bit. Definitely on alert now.
friska-freak chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
“Miss Polly!” Celestine gasped in alarm, putting a hand over her mouth. “That man! Did you hear what he said? Oh, Miss Polly, he used a naughty word!”

XD i dunno why this line made me laugh so much! OMG she's so naive! (bursts out laughing) i dont think even anthony is that naive XD XD
lina chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
wow!very interesting!you should definatelly continue!it's refreshing and different!
Lady Charity chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
Holy crap, this story is hilarious! I adore your Celestine girl, and Polly is humorous too. At first I was a little scared of your story because I'm not fond of OCs most of the time, but I am glad I read it! Celestine is the ultimate Anti-Sue, and I love how you developed her character. You also have very nice description, and I think it's funny how you wrote that Celestine has a flat nose (mostly because I was just reading Little Women, where the character Amy has a flat nose that she hates). This is my favorite quote of all:

"“No...” Celestine held out her hand. “He’s...He’s...”

“He’s what, dear?” Polly wrinkled her forehead in indisputable curiosity.

“Beautiful...”

“WHAT...?”"

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I feel bad for Polly. She probably thinks Celestine has finally cracked. I can't wait for the next update, this story has a lot of potential! You've written it well.