Reviews for Nothing But Time On My Hands
aruvqan chapter 32 . 5/31
I prefer the Ranger ending)
aruvqan chapter 26 . 5/31
I love the Steven Wright dictionary quote )
aruvqan chapter 25 . 5/31
I like the Ranger PoV chapters, introspection is good for the soul.
aruvqan chapter 23 . 5/31
Steph doesn't know what she is missing, range time is an absolute blast and used to be my favorite way to blow off steam when I had an alarm center job for ADT ... serious stress! Running thrugh a brick of rounds imagining that my suckiest calls were the targets and blowing holes in them was very thereputic, I used to call it cordite therapy)
aruvqan chapter 21 . 5/31
I adore museums! I take my goddaughters to museums and they love it.
aruvqan chapter 20 . 5/31
Again, good quotes ) And pointing out how people describes themselves is very telling. I tend to describe myself as a fat old broad in a wheelchair - but like Steph I have curly reddish brown hair, blue eyes and I joke I am so white I glow in the dark) [and I hate having my picture taken, so one of the few pix I have of myself is ancient, from 2003 before I ended up in the chair, and someone snuck the picture while I was standing in a parking lot talking with a friend.]
aruvqan chapter 19 . 5/31
Yikes, too much classic education, but the sleep with angels is way too close to the lines from Hamlet, Horatio saying farewell to the dying Hamlet: Now cracks a noble heart. Good night sweet prince:
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest! for me to accept it as romantic (

When I am chatting with my BFF, I wish him sweetest dreams and starshine [OK, so I am 53 years old and married, and he is a sort of hunky German but we have been friends for 15 years and our toons in several games were married so we joke he is my junior husband, but we really are BFFs as well. My husband finds it hysterically funny) ]

I love the quotes )
aruvqan chapter 18 . 5/31
I did the international penpal thing in high school as well, a really nice guy named Javier from Zaragosa Spain. When I did an exchange year in Perpignan France, we arranged for a meet up one weekend. My host family and I spent the weekend at his family house and we all had a fun time. Made me appreciate Europeans, and after I got into MMORPGs I started playing almost exclusively on European based servers. Works for me, I get to practice my French and Spanish and I started learning German )

What happens at the herbalist*snicker*
aruvqan chapter 17 . 5/31
Doctor as gigolo, interesting concept. Back in the day when I used the opthalmologist at the base hospital one exam when I got fitted for contacts the doc was hitting on me, I ended up with his business card with not just all his official numbers, but his home phone pager and cell numbers - and as a military spouse it was pretty obvious I was *married*! ) And what is it about people wanting to set single people up all the damned time? Back when I was single I never had problems getting dates. *sigh*
aruvqan chapter 16 . 5/31
LOL I love Steph ... that was wonderful!
aruvqan chapter 13 . 5/30
I really like Woody and his dad! I am willing to bet the artist of the cards is his dream woman ) And I like linking Ranger with the moon.
aruvqan chapter 11 . 5/30
quickie *snicker*
aruvqan chapter 10 . 5/30
If I had to claim one perfect night, it was back in the early 1980s, a late September evening. My family had property on a small lake in western NY state and that day 2 friends and I spent one of the last really warm days hanging out at the cottage sailing and cooking out. As night started falling, the air cooled off and the world turned into a grey velvet world that was lit by the glow of an almost full moon. The fog had filled the world so you couldn't actually see the moon just the diffuse glow. It also muffled the sounds so it was like stepping out of the world into a perfect moment of grey velvet. Absolutely magical.

There are a lot of great small parks in the northeast like French Creek ) I like seeing the calm side of Ranger.
aruvqan chapter 4 . 5/30
I had a roomie back in the late 90s that did palm readings, and for a while she also worked for one of the telephone psychic lines - she did tarot cards for them. Can't wait to read the next chapter )
MargaritaS chapter 32 . 8/6/2014
definitely like the original ending the best, but your alternates were fun to read as well :)