Reviews for Freefall
Clevingerrr chapter 12 . 9/3/2014
I'm constantly amazed at how high-quality all of the fanfics are in the Skybreaker section. Case in point: Freefall, which is a somber yet heartwarming conclusion to the Airborn trilogy (though it never mentions Starclimber, but I'm assuming this was written before the last book). As sad as the first few chapters were, I liked the shift in tone from "Matt and Kate overcome hurdles in their consistent relationship" to "Matt and Kate learn to love each other again after years of absence." Both characters stayed true-to-form, and Baz's inclusion was an added bonus given his underrated state among the fandom. The pacing was good, the action was tense, and grammatically this is a solid story. I usually don't do this, but this fanfiction is going in my favorites. It's simply too good to ignore.

By the way, where is the "outtake" to that one chapter? I can't seem to find it in the Airborn or Skybreaker archives.
Elle chapter 12 . 8/31/2014
This is the most adorable thing. My god. I love this story:)
Maria chapter 12 . 12/29/2013
I really love your writing style, and how you keep the characters the same. I just don't think that Matt and Kate would ever drift apart, or that Kate would go for another man. I loved the ending though, overall amazing!
LZ132 chapter 12 . 10/24/2013
I just finished the Airborn trilogy and now your story and this a very well written and constructed piece of fan fiction. The only criticism I could really think of is that Kate's signature facial expression was that she narrowed her nostrils when annoyed not flared them as you wrote. Also, given the characteristics that Oppel developed for Matt and Kate and their affection for each during Airborn and Skybreaker, it's hard to imagine them staying away from each other for 4 years or any length of time even at the insistence of Kate's parents. Still, that allowed you to set a splendid story of reunion and adventure which in some ways I like it better than Starclimber as a conclusion to the trilogy (e.g. staying with the airship theme and seeing Matt as Captain of his own vessel). You're quite a talented writer and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this piece.
Lilly chapter 10 . 6/16/2013
Ur story is amazing! I love reading it! It's unbelievably well written and its fascinating! Can u plz plz plz plz write more chapters! Like 10 more or something! I love Matt and Kate and this is perfect and I don't want it to only have 2 more chapters! Plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz write more chapters! Thanks soooo much for ur story!
junebugz21 chapter 2 . 6/10/2012
So...Nadira...Kate? Never mind. It's a good story. I like 1st person better than 3rd person narration, though.
Indain chapter 6 . 10/2/2011
Matt left Kate? Looked to me like he had no choice...
Indain chapter 5 . 10/2/2011
Ahh, Kate's coming around, How oh How, will this end?
Indain chapter 4 . 10/2/2011
Though I don't have to fight the suspense, since I got chapter 5 waiting, the sneak peak really does make you think, you write just like Kenneth Oppel..
Indain chapter 3 . 10/2/2011
Kind of starting to feel bad for Matt :(
Indain chapter 2 . 10/2/2011
I needed a story like this to get my Kate/Matt feelings cleared, thanks, hope to enjoy the story to the fullest. :)
Indain chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Thought it was brilliant, 'nuff said.
wildwhitedove chapter 12 . 6/18/2011
I was searching so long for a good story of the Airborn trilogy and I've finally found it! I loved this story. One of my favs. :3
Wttlewd chapter 12 . 3/3/2010
OMG STILL LOVE THIS STORY!
xxLadyKnight123xx chapter 12 . 8/18/2009
O

EM

GEE

THAT

WAS

GREAT! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! Sometimes Mate/Kate stories are chessy, which means a lot of them are, because there aren't a lot out there. But this... this was so romantical (my favorite word :P) and they were so in character! I thought it was absolutely great! Wonderful. Bravo.