Reviews for Bookman
cdzhang chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
I LOVE IT! LOVE IT! AND LOVE IT!
it's really good, and descriptive :D
though i could never write as good as that :))
Saga of Eternal Rain chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
I found this story beautiful. The characters themselves as written by Lavi and ultimately by Bookman gives an insight to who they are and who they were during the moments of the final battle.

I loved how Bookman's words had depth-they all did, but those had a ring of finality. This is a nice complement beside "Bookman" by Dhamphir72 and Momosprotif.
vivevoce chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
Utterly fantastic. Just incredibly written. I really enjoyed this, as tragic, beautiful and empowering as it is :)
Bikami chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
Damn you. You made me cry. Right in the middle of my lunch!

Really, really beautiful in all its ambiguity, you tell the tragic story of something that could actually happen. The short piece about every character is so well-fitting, as if Lavi really did write this.

I cry for them, for they deserve it.
waterlit chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
that's some really great imagery you have. lovely word-play!~
ryokablade chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
It's so well written, and very beautiful. There's not much to say, except I love this fic.
Sticka-chan chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
I love it. 3 Everything is perfect, except for the part where Lavi died. Other than that, Lovely. X)
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
Oh wow. This is just ... well, amazing! I fell in love with imagery and description of words, flowing so smoothly with one another, balancing and twisting each other into this wonderful, wonderful piece. I got all choked up at the Exorcists' parts, every single one of them, particularly at Miranda's, Krory's and Allen's part. They were written in such a hauntingly beautiful way and it brought a cold sweat to me as I read them. But the one that got me the most has to be the enemy's part, as he mentions all of the above and ends them all. This was a brilliantly written story and you deserve more recognition for this. Great job!
Lochesh chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
This is just...wow...extremely emotionally captivating, and very strong. It's very beautiful and touching, and so very sad. The descriptions of the exorcists were just amazing, especially Komui's, since I never seen him in that kind of light. Kanda's was just so fitting, and Allen's made me feel like crying, Miranda's as well. Krory's and Lenalee's, though I don't like Lenalee much, really settled and Lavi's...just wow.
Momosportif chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
To me? You jest, surely! That had far more depth than mine, mine was shamed by that work of exceptional quality! I'm VERY sorry we didn't know this was up for two months or so, thank you SO much for dedicating such a phenomenally thought-provoking piece to the Momos! That was simply beautiful on so many levels. I must say the obscurity may have lost me at times but for the most part, ambiguity DID do it's job damn well! You used intangibility the way I hope to, to define something without stating it outright, and you did it so well, remarkably well. The allegories here were heartbreaking (Komui especially to me...) and so well presented. It was attractively brief and every sentence had worth and was necessary. The points you brought up about the characters through their allegorical role (Kanda being hate but judging soundly, the way Lenalee was figuratively swallowed by others, etc) were SO important and SO beautifully presented, and SO well conceived, it was just simply amazing to behold. Your syntax was insane, the descriptions better than I've seen them in I'd say two thirds of the things I've ever read, and I think I've read in this prose the type of style that makes my readers say I write poetically. This was gorgeously written. My favorite part would have to be though

"They are the only ones who are and can only be, without a doubt, merely human."

That is the best Lavi/Bookman related insight I've ever seen. It seems initially so hypocritical, but you wrote it to be true and I really think it is now. There was so much raw thought here in a flowing, functional, prose format that there's no way my Bookman can even compare. Yours stands rightfully alone on a pedestal floating majestically towards the heavens! I bow to you!

Now my turn! XD

I am infinitely sorry that we didn't see this sooner! :O A thousand pardons and a thousand thank yous to balance them out for dedicating such a LOVELY piece to US! XD I am SO incredibly touched! :) (It's not often that I am on the receiving end of a story). I have to say that my favorite little paragraph (they just got more and more beautiful...I kept choosing a favorite and then I'd read the next one and be like "jk...this is it...it's the one...for sure- woah! Okay, no, this is it...it's the one..for sure...-OMG!" and on and on) has to be Krory's. That romantic side of him and his story is so often neglected, I think, in favor of his nervous-wreck side and I have been pondering recently the idea of writing a Krory story just for the sake of bringing that up but I don't have to now because you did it better than I could ever hope to! XD Pretty much every line in it was the best but if I had to choose, that last one..."His play-write writes his final line, a beautiful woman's name, with an extra flourish" was just...ah...It made me want to fall out on the floor and just lay there forever until I melted away. So delicious. XD

H was totally right about the syntax and phraseology. It was so perfect for the idea of these little snapshots, these last moments of everyone. The sentences were like little wisps of smoke that floated away after you read them...it was very pleasant. XD

At the same time it was also very heavy and deep so I commend you for achieving a paradoxical writing style! XD The subject matter was just like a punch to the gut...a much-needed punch to the gut, mind you. XD You took a common theme and made it something totally unique and beautiful! A terrible triumph if ever there was one...XD Very depressing but in a good

On the ambiguity front, ditto. XD As someone who likes to write ambiguous things too I know that I sometimes like to tell my readers exactly what was going on in my head when I wrote it so if that's the case with you, I'd love to hear some of your ideas behind it...If not though, s'all groovy. XD I think it will do me well to read this a few more times over though...XD

Overall, AWESOME. Props for giving Jiji some love. :) He's such a tough old panda (I adored his dialog and the part where he walks away and is just an old man now instead of a Bookman...so excellent). And a thousand million bagillion thank yous for the dedication. :) We are much moved.

-bows-

-S
TodundLeben chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
Your story is really touching, and despite me being optimist and hoping for happy endings with least possible deaths, I liked it. Its ‘abstractivness‘ is a great thing too.
Tossino chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
This was increadibly deep. I was a bit confused about some sentences but I understood the meaning really well anyway.

It really portrais how deep any person can be if you look closely, and how horrible it must be to stand at the side while watching them die, and just write it down in words that only you love.

I dunno how much sense that made, but meh. x''D

Brilliant work anyway, this goes to my favourites.
Morphine Dementia chapter 1 . 5/5/2008
The story was (cough) sad once again! (cough) but simply beautiful. The thing I liked the most were the definitions of the five Exorcists, the Bookman Jr.'s friends. Every one of them suited so well! It's like you were in the DGM verse yourself. (deeply adores)
Meng-4-2 chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
Very eloquent style and creative too! Love it.
Phantasmik chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
That was so sad. I fell in love with the words and phrases you wrote though. It's a very beautiful and sad piece, much like Lavi himself.