Reviews for Only Time Will Tell
oceancounty chapter 12 . 7/22/2011
This was brilliant- funny, warm, sad, sexy, with a fascinating premise to boot. I am slowly making my way through your catalogue of work since I found "Rumours of Angels." This one should have a special place in your heart, it is truly wonderful.
sillivan chapter 12 . 4/7/2011
Oh, I loved it! They were so very, to me, in character!

Also, the love-making was wonderful.
sash queen of the jungle chapter 12 . 6/12/2010
Only just found this story. Thank you for an adventure. I must admit a couple of times I did not think they would get together. Thank you for the happy ending.
Deweynumbers chapter 12 . 1/18/2010
Just read this for the second time - it's like relishing a fine wine. Best exposition of the 'we have a connection' theme by a long shot.
The Virii Twins chapter 12 . 7/9/2009
OMG! WOW! That was brilliant, couldn't stop reading it once I started, and loved the ending. Do you think there may be a sequal? _
theHuntgoeson chapter 12 . 6/10/2008
Ah! I've been crying like a baby all the way through reading this - in fact I still am! So moving. But will he ever rememebr that he's Gene or will he stay as John? I'd love to know!
5A7AH chapter 12 . 6/7/2008
i absolutely loved that story, its now 4AM! thats how much i enjoyed it. just as i was reading the last chapter, i was slightly sad cus as much as i was glad that they were together, Gene or John didnt have the memories of 1981 which he shared with alex, so it didnt mean as much to him as it meant to her, and with the last three lines, you ended it perfectly, i couldnt have asked for a better ending, truly fantastic.
wombledon chapter 12 . 5/16/2008
Yay! Loved it. What an excellent story and conclusion Well done you!
Gem6 chapter 12 . 5/15/2008
Oh what a fantastic ending to a fantastically written story, one of my favourites on here!

Wow, I loved it from top to bottom and all those little bits in betwen!

Gem x
premierludwig chapter 12 . 5/15/2008
*sigh*

It was *almost* satisfying that she got him in the end, but deeply heartbreaking that he was someone else and the Geneness was somehow trapped way down in his subconscious. It's as though all that time and energy between them was lost and they had to start again. More heartwrenching than the fics where Alex has woken up from her coma and forgotten time with Gene in the modern age. Or is that just because I've been deeply willing these two together all through this story?

...so yes, this sequal. *giggles* [nudging gently] [offering chocolate cake and other bribery]. I really am going to have to sit and read the whole thing over again and take it all in and get my head around a few things.

I am sort of wondering how the boys dealt with Gene's disappearance. Maybe Sam reappears to fill their lives a little? I can't imagine them having to cope without the Gene Genie. And then there's the bit before your epilogue, how they got together, Alex and "John". And I'm still not totally sure who John actually is or what's going on in his head. Very very strange.

I really am worrying about Ray and Chris. Especially Ray. Maybe he'll have to move into the flat and pine after the Guv, and then get sent forward in time too. And then Chris will pine for Ray and somehow he and Shaz will need to drop in as well. Can't do with breaking up the family can we? LOL!
happyHB chapter 12 . 5/15/2008
sequal!
monkey-in-hell chapter 12 . 5/15/2008
Good ending, liked that you kept that little bit of mystery too.

Thank you very much for the story - looking forward to the next one.
tulzdavampslayer chapter 12 . 5/14/2008
gwuh...

gorgeous, perfect, wonderful ending!
allofmyheart chapter 12 . 5/14/2008
I liked the first few chapters of this and the epilogue. And I liked the idea of Luigi and Joe being the means to how they get together, but I wasn't really keen on how it happened. Probably just personal preference - if it had been me, I'd have written it differently. Partly cos I'm not into all that pagan stuff, and partly I thought it would be better if Luigi and Joe don't actually *realise* their part in bringing them together. That's just me. Nice story though!
gally1 chapter 12 . 5/14/2008
That's better, a bit of fluff and some realisation on John's ... ahem Gene's part as to who he is.

And I loved this line "we can explore the erotic potential of kitchen appliances later if yer like." Classic Gene.

Brilliant