Reviews for Caged
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Yeah, I can see how this would be a deleted scene in the movie. Since we haven't seen Nala in the cave with Zazu, this story felt as if it were a part of the story.

You did a fine job.

-Aria Breuer
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Nice.
JoeMerl chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Interesting. It makes sense; Zazu would theoretically be a good choice to find help, though Scar would notice he was gone. I'm suddenly curious if he realized Nala was gone, but since she was just one lioness in a pride he might have just missed it. (Zazu, incidentally, might be my favorite character, and I like his self-sacrifice here.)

As a side note, I find it interesting that the lionesses didn't just overthrow Scar themselves...the idea that they need a male's help leads to interesting questions of how leonine versus how human their behavior is. But that's just my own overly-philosophical rambling.

I think my review is longer than the actual story...
Lily chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
Thanks, that was really good! (but too short! ;p)
jellymaster chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
I have to say that this was an amazing read! You wanted write it so that it was like a deleted scene from the movie and you did that SO well. I also love how in-character you managed to keep Zazu and Nala.

Both Zazu and Nala happen to be favorites in the movie, so I really enjoyed this little story bit! I hope that you continue writing more multi-fics or oneshots like this! I'm also eager to read another one of your Lion King fics!

Your an excellent writer, so keep up the good work! Oh! And...COOKIE FOR YOU! * hands you a cookie*

Sincerely, Tallest Purple's (still)Rabidly Insane Fangirl!
yuyuyashasrain chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
Why don't all the females just gang up on Scar when the hyenas aren't looking? I mean, there's, like, thirty of them, and none of them in their right minds would ever think of mating with him, so why the fuck not? Too simple, I guess... Simba wouldn't have a reason to come back, the lionesses wouldn't look like the good guys anymore, they'd have to find some other way to fill up the last half hour of the movie... It's just theatrically unsound. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who writes deleted scenes...
Nate The Ape chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
All I can say is that if your intent was to give this fic the spirit of a deleted scene, you succeeded big time. You also got so much across in so remarkably few sentences, and showed us the seeds of Nala's fateful decision to go search out help being planted in a wonderfully spare and oblique style.
Pichooi chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
I could see this happening too. Good short scene :)
SunRise19 chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
I can totally see this as a deleted scene, there isn't many stories that are written with Nala and Zazu interacting so this was great!
loonytunecrazy chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
quite an exllcent delated scene I really like it
Narfy chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
Hm, its short but it would definitly make for an interesting deleated scene. Nice job, I liked it.
Dibsthe1 chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
These lines do sound like the characters! The writing style is spare and minimal, suggesting they are whispering. This writing style suggests script, which is technically not allowed on this site, but you included quotation marks and enough narration.

It is entirely accurate that they would need a male lion for this task. While the females hunt, it is the males fight to guard the pride's territory.
Jagabor chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
Damn. What a novel concept! I liked it a lot. This is going in my faves. Well done.
tearthgrrl chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
To answer Kovukono's question, it could have led to Nala sneaking back out of Scar's den and then deciding to escape herself. You have a very well written fic. here! Going in my fav.s!
Kovukono chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
This would've actually been a prety good scene in the movie. But where would it go?