Reviews for Starship Troopers: The Bug War
Metenenbaumveri chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
I felt the same way about Starship Troopers when I fist read in in 1959. Have been reading it regularly since then.
Your writing style is superb. It's as though the master was writing again. Hope to read the entire work.
One question. The Roughnecks are a platoon and Lt. Rico is the platoon leader. The rest of the Roughnecks on this drop should be in squads and then sections. Squads led by Corporals and sections led by Sergeants No need for any other officers but Rico and Bearpaw.
Looking forward to more chapters.
Best Regards,
Mike Tenenbaum
Tom Monaghan chapter 4 . 1/5/2013
It's been a good read to bad you quit writing it.
SneakyDorcas chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Nice work, man/woman/thing. ST was one of my favorites, too, and I'm glad someone made a finfiction of it, at least. You got off EVERYTHING I liked about the book in one fell swoop. Truly excellent stuff all around.
Noble Korhedron chapter 4 . 9/23/2010
If you're not going to continue this, could you please mark it "Up for adoption" or "On hiatus"? Looks interesting, but I'm unwilling to make a final judgement after only 4 chapters...
Thescarredman chapter 4 . 3/26/2009
Just picked up on this story. I'm well pleased to see a novel-inspired Starship Troopers fic, especially one so nicely written. Well do I know the difficulty in stitching together scenes into a true narrative. But you're doing well. Please update soon. Don't abandon the work.
Austin Whitescarver chapter 4 . 1/2/2009
So very excellent. only a step below the master himself. I especially like the way you reinvented the tanks, using them as special purpose weapons, not main combat armor. Very well done. The only thing is that i fervently wish it was longer. Thank you from a very sincere and grateful heinlein fan.
UncloudedDragon chapter 4 . 8/24/2008
I am very impressed with this writing. It's actually so well written that I am considering it a sequel rather than a bit of fanfiction. Your work is very similar to Heinlein's. I like how you put quotes before the actual chapters. I hope you continue this story until it is completed.

Suggestion: Include flashbacks about Juan being in school or in Raszchak Roughnecks.

Include interactions between Fleet and the MI. Although short and few in numbers I enjoyed the chapters of Starship Troopers that had Carmen in them.
Shugotenshi47 chapter 4 . 8/8/2008
This is very excellent though i wonder where did you get the name for General Takeda since I also have a General Takeda in one of my stories as well.
Kel Jack chapter 3 . 8/4/2008
Very interesting. I like it so far. Your replicate Heinlein's writing style pretty well but also add something of your own. I hope the plot picks up, and your chapters are too short, but it was good. Nice to see a fanfic based on the book and not that Godawful excuse for a movie.
T.A.G chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
I was curious what you to be "controversial" about the book Starship Troopers? I do not disagree with you that it is a fine book but I did not find it controversial. I have lost track of how many times I have read this novel...
blue c 84 chapter 3 . 6/23/2008
you picked up just where the book left off. nice :)
narureye chapter 3 . 5/26/2008
Awsome! I hope Rico has a hot chick somewhere!

PLz, update!
narureye chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
Wow! This is great i just read the first chaptor and i loved it! I've been lokking for a good starship troopers fic for a while, and i finally found one, Great job, keep it up!

If u know of any other good ones plz tell me!