Reviews for A Winner Is You: Wolverine
avatarjk137 chapter 8 . 11/17/2008
Good work! The action was solid, the characterization as well. And yeah, I'm glad I had this match-up to give, Zoro and Wolverine are mostly like-minded fighters who would give each other a helluva battle.
Captain Deadpool chapter 7 . 10/6/2008
I think you might have won. I'm going to have to read both entries again before I make a final judgement, but it's looking good for you. The only problem is that Deadpool didn't talk as much as I would like. And if you read AM's you'll find that she had a very good ending.
AngelLucifel chapter 7 . 10/5/2008
AWESOMESAUCE

I really liked the strategy you had n there, and Deadpool and wolverine had some bitchin' dialogue. The only slip up; you mention Logan's rib cracking...isn't that IMPOSSIBLE?

Anway, this was a truly awesome story and you have every right to be so proud. :) good job! I'm sure you'll win!
avatarjk137 chapter 7 . 10/4/2008
Great work! I'm not sure if you made Deadpool quite crazy enough, but I liked it, at any rate. Good action.
Aelsthla-Mental chapter 7 . 10/3/2008
Woah, good idea. A spelling error i noticed: He was again forced to find support while his wound healed, at leastb this time Deadpool was recovering too.

leastb.. a typo probably, but meh.

Heh, poor Deadpool slid out the window... Well, good job!
AngelLucifel chapter 6 . 8/21/2008
I didn't know Marluxia was a creeper like that. good fight nice strategy. A few grammatical errors but I forget where exactly.

anyways, good job.
avatarjk137 chapter 6 . 8/21/2008
Excellent work. I like the cynical attitude on the Disney thing, ironic since Marluxia is arguably a Disney villain. The action was quite solid as well. That leaves you squared away for contest entries.
Aelsthla-Mental chapter 6 . 8/20/2008
Heh. First off, awesome name idea. Next, doesn't EVERYONE question Marluxia's sexuality? Poor guy; Wolverine, you joined a rather long list. Nothing that special about the list really, mainly just people with common sense, yet little knowledge of Marluxia himself.

The fight was clever, and it raised a valid point of where Marluxia fights. Then again, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Interesting how in the opposition's story adamantium (or however you spell it) can pierce them. Yey in your version, while it does damage, it doesn't pierce.

Another interesting question you sort of answered was ray weapons compared to bullets (although i think in "Lilo and Stitch" it was more plasma weapons, with globs of the stuff).

Another question. Considering how long Wolverine was out for the count, would he be counted as eliminated? In your story it would be a 'no', but it seems a bit odd, works though.

Marluxia was keeping the red experiment out of striking range with his scythe. Leroy had found a tree branch to fight with, but Marluxia’s longer reach gave a much needed advantage. Leroy was having trouble keeping the blade of the scythe from cutting staff, and finding offensive strikes to make.

That line seems a bit strange. i'm guessing Marluxia's 'longer reach' was the longer arms, not the longer weapon. and 'keeping the blade of the scythe from cutting staff' felt off. calling a tree stump a staff? Spelling Error? Typo? A strange yet true way to put it? Meh.

As for character. the only one i know enough to gauge really is Marluxia. Perhaps the only thing i could tell was the lack of taunts (although, fighting two indestructible creatures will probably mean you want to save your breath!)

...i dunno why i wrote so much more in my review of this then most others, but aahh well. Good job!
avatarjk137 chapter 5 . 8/20/2008
Good work. Can't wait to see the real thing. Methinks this is art imitating life?
Moonshine's Guide chapter 4 . 7/7/2008
Interesting. You're getting better with each fight.

The chapters could be a little longer, but hey, I have the same problem.

I know a little bit about Wolverine's character and fighting style but not much. So… I'm sorry if I spam you with a lot of PMs.

Just to tell you now, I won't start writing my chapters until a week or two until the deadline. The only time I can write is under pressure… so if I start to worry you, I apologize.

Anyways, good job. KEEP WRITING!
Reds Owshad Dark chapter 4 . 6/29/2008
Good chapter. It was short but the action was entertaining.
Lord Gambit508 chapter 4 . 6/16/2008
hmm, nice, though Vincent can heal,

hmm, good story, maybe I'll have an actual challenge since last time one of my people was dropped and the other tidal waved him
avatarjk137 chapter 4 . 6/16/2008
Good fight, yes. A very intense battle; it was easy to picture Vincent trying to get in a shot as Wolverine tried to slash away at him.
Aelsthla-Mental chapter 4 . 6/15/2008
Well now, that was interesting.

Vincent just didn't know when to quit :).

Vincent didn't transform, i found that odd, victory may have been in his grasp if he did.

Still, a satisfying fight, good job.
Reds Owshad Dark chapter 2 . 5/15/2008
I don't really know Wolverine too well, but I loved the way you portrayed him. You did a great job! This fight was a fun read.