Reviews for Name of the Game
sciagraphus chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
Depressing and awful as that story is, I have to say that it is amazing.
Ex Oxide chapter 1 . 11/1/2006
I'll be damned if I didn't love this story on sight. I love a good action story and this one is positively brutal.

...and if you think about it...*smiles darkly* ...reflects darkness inside that we hope doesn't exist. I like the fact the story touches on it.
Amai-Namine chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
this fic is awesome. i love the ending. very intense and the description was well written. well done.
nesza chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
wow. i was at the edge of my seat the whole time. very entertaining and well-written. one of the best out there, i say.
Lady Pyrefly chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
This was perfect, bloody and beautiful. I can't think of a single thing that could have been improved.
Araceylian chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
Love it
bubblewarp chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
Holy... holy shit.

Do you read Chuck Palahniuk?
DarkBeerAngel chapter 1 . 5/29/2005
Wow... did she kill him? Well written, good job.
Lesatho chapter 1 . 5/26/2005
Great story, kept me rapt and on the edge. I love the challenge behind it all and the idea of how leaders are chosen. Great job.
Ridia chapter 1 . 6/13/2004
...WOW.

What else is there to say?

Just... wow. Amazing, beautiful, twisted. One of the best I've ever read.
lynnxlady chapter 1 . 10/25/2003
That was incredible. Excellent characterization of Elena and Reno. It was very raw, and brutal, and very right for the Turks.
Digger McFoogle chapter 1 . 7/2/2003
Audrey, I can say this with upmost sincerity... your fics are the most incredibly innoative and spellbinding ideas I have ever come across. There ya go.

x

Deathy
xaphanea chapter 1 . 3/18/2003

Wow.

She actually killed him.

THAT'S CRAZY! WHOA!

Ahem. Honestly, I enjoyed this story immensely from beginning to end. I love the Turks to death, and when they're paired and violent and just all around Turkish, I love them even more. You portrayed these characters SO well, everything was so natural and believable. And damn the description gave me chills! This entire story gave me chills! Definitely going to show up on my favourites list. You have a talent for this dark and twisted suspense genre. This is a beautifully written fanfiction, and I am in complete awe.

AMAZING job, keep writing!
triffickie chapter 1 . 1/25/2003
Amazing, thrilling, depressing, violent, beautiful.

This reminded me of Fight Club, was that an influence to you? Either way, this was really well written and I loved the play with scenaries, the violent [the VERY violent] fight and the sunny beaches of Costa Del Sol. Wonderful.

I'm not sure how I feel about Elena's characterization... I never saw her as a complete cold-blooded killer, but she might've grown into that, in the company of the Turks. The Turks-philosophies can be interpreted differently. To some fanfiction authors they are the really-really bad guys, soulless creatures unable to fear anything and I like this pretty much to the point where it gets both disgusting and ridiculous. This fic touched that end slightly, in the end perhaps, the violence became ..boring, I hate to admit, but overall, I really liked it.
Anom chapter 1 . 9/16/2002
...

Holy crap...that was awesome. Had that surreal Fight Clubishness to it(believe me, that's an insanely good compliment). I've always pondered over two Turks dueling, and I figured it would go something like that, brutal, bloody and long. I like the way you portrayed Elena, I've noticed most fics never get her up to a coldhearted killer like she would have become. And Reno, he always has that "I don't care if I die. Go ahead and kill me, f***er" thing in fics, yet he usually lives through them. This time he got what he wanted, and it was Elena who pulled the trigger, that was great.

The story was incrediable, I just can't find the right words in my vocabulary for this.