Reviews for Debts
Ibskib chapter 4 . 7/5/2013
Seeing how she has fallen from Grace, and what happened with the Dorn officer shows just how scarred she still is. The question left to ask is, if she'll be able to take that blade up again, or if she'll really end up being a reflection of Vico when she stands above his slain body.
Ibskib chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
Nice to see this protagonist isn't so forgiving of Vico, the fact that there's a romance option for a rapist and his victim in the game is a bit disturbing, so I'm looking forward to the day Riana gets her revenge Hopefully it will be bloody and fit the crime :-)
giry chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
this story is legitimately the best ADWR fiction out there - both as something that's not just a by-the-lines novelization of the game, and just in general

the thought of a princess that started as a paladin and fell is a really sad one and works extraordinarily well for the content
Alyzzia chapter 4 . 6/13/2012
I also would like to read what's next in store for your princess. Hope you are still working on this even if it's been a long time since you updated.

I like the descriptions of Vico ant the princess and it's always fun to see how other players are picturing the events inbetween and during the missions in the game.
Ofmanynames chapter 4 . 9/28/2011
Would love to see more of this story. It's very interesting and I enjoy your character.
Peachplums chapter 4 . 8/25/2010
One of the things I enjoyed most about this chapter is that when you consider the background of The Princess (not just Riana), she's presumably Lawful Good, and throughout the course of the mod there's no way she can maintain that alignment and survive/repay her debts. Everything has been taken from her, and now she's even lost the favor of her god. The unlawful slaying of Jerro is just the start of her fall as she contemplates torture in the previous chapters (if she does indeed go through with it).

I love your depiction of Vico. The ADWR fanfictions all seem to be from The Princess' POV (understandably) and the way you write not only Vico's character but his thoughts is truly convincing (and refreshing!). I can't wait for you to write more when you have the time!
match chapter 4 . 8/12/2010
Oh man, oh man. I love this. Putting decisions the player makes into a cohesive story that pulls at your emotion so much...

and holy wow, seeing scenes from vico's point of view really adds to it.
BlueRoseofWinter chapter 4 . 7/26/2010
You did a great job with writing this chapter as with all your chapters. Don't worry about it. ;)

Please continue.
BlueRoseofWinter chapter 3 . 7/9/2010
You write really really well. Your writing style is superb.

I am enjoying the story so far. You really do capture the characters' personalities great and the way that you build up the tension is excellent.

Great story and don't worry about not capturing Vico's personality. It really does sound like him the way that you write his thoughts and dialogue.

No critiques, just praise.

Please update!
Snowe chapter 4 . 6/7/2010
This is wonderful! Good ADWR fanfic is so hard to find. I love your Princess and your writing is excellent. I hope you continue.
Valisilwen chapter 4 . 5/24/2010
I think the whole story is good and am interested in what comes next. You seem to do a good job capturing Vico's character.
MmeDeMerteuil chapter 4 . 5/24/2010
Let me just say I love this. You write amazingly well, and the characterization is absolutely great. Also, I like the fact that you didn't follow the storyline in every single detail: it's good to see something new and interesting, and this definitely fits both the points.

Did you start writing this before part 1.40? I'm just curious.
lilamarwen chapter 3 . 1/28/2010
I love how you fleshed out Vico...there's not enough fan fics that focus on him or give insight into just why he does what he does...thinks what he does...about the princess...wonderful writing and I hope you might still add to your story one day! :)
Vanessa chapter 3 . 1/21/2010
OMG! When was this written? When can I get more of it? I need to know!

Wow, I was disappointed that I finished playing the module recently, so I went looking for something that could prolong the experience, but never had I expected to find something of this level! Your story made me dive deep back into the world of ADWR! I wouldn't expect that anyone but Valine could write something so true to the original characters! You really captured their essence! Besides that you write very well, reading their dialogues, so full of witty comments, true to their background in the game and full of interesting new facts and situations you created, I couldn’t help but go back and read some of the lines over and over again and lmao every now and then! My, what a pleasurable reading!

It seems to me the Princess’ behavior is much similar to my own choices the first time I played, and so, I’m totally rooting for Bran! (Don’t let me influence you, of course) I can’t deny that it was nice to play the Vico romance after that, he has the funniest lines in the game (when he can have his way), in spite of the serious jerk he can be! But what’s nice here is that it seems your story is taking its own course, some things are taking different paths and I’m dying to see how it’s going to turn out! Please, don’t give up on this! It’s really great! It’s an intelligent plot, skilful writing, what a pity it would be to be left unfinished! Please, write more, I want to know what you had planned and the development of their relationships in your story!

The part where you write in Vico’s point of view is really a great idea! I wonder if you will do the same with any other character. Once more, I’m amazed with the way you captured the nature of each character and the intelligence and sense of humor that flows in every word. You are really gifted, please, don’t stop writing! And finish this story, please! I don’t mind waiting, I can see that it’s worth the while! Congrats for your talented work!
aelenor chapter 3 . 11/22/2009
I like the take from Vico's POV. Also loving the mean revenge streak Riana seems to have. Eager to see what'll happen to poor little Vico...