Reviews for A Day in the Life
Zantac the Barbarian chapter 7 . 9/1/2008
Amen, kitiem3K! Amen! Even two out of his top three stories haven't been updated in close to a year!

Which is all the more reason he should put an indefinite hold on starting anymore new ones.
kitiem3000 chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
I truly love your stories and I was glad to see another one, but I despair at the speed of your updates as well as your tendency to leave a story unfinished.

It wouldn't bother me half as much if you were a bad writer. The fact that you are actually very good makes this tragic.
BenJonBroad chapter 7 . 6/21/2008
I find it a pity that such a good story hasnt been continued when it was supposdly already finished. Surely as a author you find it annoying to read something, really get into it. and bingo find out its not been updated for ages. Your comments about it being all done just make you look like a liar or worse.
bobo124 chapter 7 . 6/18/2008
Good work so far, I like it.

In my previous review, my numbers got mangled by the site's filter. They should be one hundred thousand or one million.

No new complaints or inconsistencies.
bobo124 chapter 5 . 6/18/2008
An interesting read so far, I just have a few things to point out.

In this chapter and a previous one, you have a Culture ship Displace sentient beings. One thing Banks made fairly clear in both Excession and Player of Games IIRC is that Culture Minds find Displacement far too dangerous for everyday use on sentient beings. The risk (I believe on the order of 1 to 100,0 or 1,0,0 against) of a problem occurring was far to high for the exacting nature of a Culture Mind, and for the size of the Culture (it is quite likely that thousands would die every second if the Culture used Displacement widely for transport). The preferred method of transport is module. The only instance I can recall where a Mind Displaced a person was in Excession, however, the GSV Sleeper Service could not have slowed down in time to pick them up and reach the Excession, so it felt it was justified.

Since Gaius was in no danger, the Mind should have slowed down and used a module, and if detection is and issue, it's effectors should be more than sufficient to prevent detection.

The other thing is a tad nitpicky, and that is that you don't have enough GSV's in your Incident Group.

Time to read some more!
Dr. P.G. Thirteen chapter 7 . 6/9/2008
Observation: We're not all sock puppets, Anon. Some of us are legitimately miffed reader/reviewers.

Diagnosis: We deserve a full-fledged answer (pro or con) to the question raised. Does this author ever intend to continue/conclude his older stories?
Anon chapter 7 . 5/29/2008
Don't worry about Sheri, and the inevitable reviews of those "multitudes" (*cough* sock puppets *cough*) who write just like him. You just got the Samael3 Prize for Good Fanfiction. In other words, something in the science fiction genre of fanfiction that's worth recommending to everyone who likes it.
nfall chapter 7 . 5/18/2008
i'm so confused, i do like all your writing, but still confused,...will need to dig up the source books for this xover and have a read :)
Zantac the Barbarian chapter 7 . 5/5/2008
This is probably a sign of the Apocalypse. But, I have to partially agree with Sheri on this one. You keep posting new stories without updating any of your older ones. Or, failing that, without explaining the nature of the delay/abandonment of those stories.

That's not right, dude! Because, that's the first step towards becoming an incompletist-author. Something this website's got way too many of, already.
sHeRi chapter 7 . 5/3/2008
Certainly what a piece of f*cked-off sh*tty p*ke you've wrote my friend. Keep bleeding our brains with your purpousless prose as today and make us even more stoopid than we were!
jpdt19 chapter 7 . 5/3/2008
I can't really think of any other feedback apart from "very good"

Look forward to more please!
archiev chapter 7 . 5/3/2008
Thanks for the update.
JovianJeff chapter 7 . 5/2/2008
Wonderful! It is a little scary to know this is ending in three or so chapters, but I love the story you're telling and would rather have it whole than pander to the notion of more is better. Great interactions with the Cylons who just can't cope that other AIs might not have suffered as they have. It's a logical, if not sad, presumption. They only know one way of life, so they have to learn of the possibilities first. Culture shock, it will be interesting to read how they handle it. Then there is the last part that suggest this is all not just for either Colonial or Cylon benefit. Previous chapters suggested this but hinted more at curiousity, not trying to force someone's hand. In fact earlier 'emails' suggested a hesitance to do so. Nice work in not contridicting what has gone on before yet introducing the possibility of more going on. I imagine a hallmark of the Culture stories. Thank you for continuing this tale!
Zoroz chapter 7 . 5/2/2008
good chapter :)
deitarionSSokolow chapter 7 . 5/2/2008
I liked it. Sorry I'm too tired to say more.
101 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »