Reviews for A Day in the Life
Dracowar chapter 5 . 4/23/2008
Plan is not going well for the Cylons. Not at all.
Zantac the Barbarian chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
You start a new story without updating any of the older, unfinished ones? That's cold, dude. Cold and unethical!
Tweeky chapter 5 . 4/19/2008
I've really liked your cross-over fic imjustaguy although i've never read any of the "Culture" books. For instance I just love how you've basically reversed the scene from the mini-series, where instead of Baltar finding out who Natasi really is and what she's been doing to his software. He's the one who's fooled her into thinking she's been manipulating him and altering his CNP software(I liked the bit how Baltar said any moderately competent programmer could spot the alterations too) where it was the other way around :), but I do like how admit he's very fond of her(I see a future between these two). I also liked her reaction when she meets Tozy and how Tozy basically put her in her place.

Kate Janeway or should I say Samael3 (in one of your more coherent sock puppets) what is your problem? Why don't you just fuck off if you can't make any positive contributions at all(stick to writing that unreadable piece of crap called "Infinite Crap" aka "Infinite convergence"). Samael you are a nasty little misanthrope who clearly mentally unbalanced and who tries to cut down other fic writers work because you can't write anything at all, so piss off.

Imjustaguy I strongly recommend that in this fic and other fics of yours that you block anonymous reviews, so you don't get any of Samael3's sock puppets attacking you in the reviews and congratulations it looks like you just one a "Samael prize" for excellent writing :), check out the "Creative writing" forum to see what I mean.

Also when will you be updating your "Lost Kin" fic to please, your updates are very sporadic which annoys me because it's a really good fic. And I strongly recommend you post it over at the "Creative writing" forum at Space too. If you want to contact me my email address is in my profile(plus i'm a regular at the creative writing forum).
VoidHawk of The Phoenix Souls chapter 5 . 4/19/2008
I just can't get what happens with people like flamers...

Though as they like to use words such as pathetic, they must be relating themselves to what they really like: to act in pathetic ways...

Now to what matters:

Another really good chapter. I like the way the things are going. And as for Baltar, his character is coming out nicely. The thing about personality alteration shows how he could easily deceive his Cylon seductress,for even being on his mind (the part he allowed) she would not get a hint of his true identity. Aha,the drone would make a Cylon freak, as they seek to impersonate humans, and a drone would be as far of such deal as possible (not talking about true Minds).

Where it a Knife-missile no surprises as such are almost Centurion-like, but a drone is a full sentient entity.

Now I wonder where the Lords of Kobol will fit, if they will reappear. If they are from a Sublimed species maybe they are still watching their experiment, and that could prove dangerous to the Culture (as in general Involveds do not tangle themselves with Sublimeds, unless they are ones like the Death Worlds caretakers who make themselves quite conspicuous in the Galactic Pan Civilization (remember Consider Phlebas, where SC actually made an incursion on such a world). But then again the Culture is not exatly shy of acting, if the Minds are up to it.

Fun is to think what Minds would think of Cylon actions, as such are as foolish as human actions when considering Galactica's plot, and much more wasteful in resources, energy and commitment.

Anyway, keep going the good path, and I expect to see more of this soon (aha, being myself a slow updater, I marvel to see fast ones coming).

Till then...
archiev chapter 5 . 4/19/2008
Thanks for the update.
Kate Janeway fascist chapter 5 . 4/18/2008
This is absurd, pathetic, irrelevant and certainly a waste of time. Get yourself a lobotomy mister :P
Echo-Three chapter 5 . 4/18/2008
Interesting idea, you must be one of the first people to make Baltar out to be a hero
David Brown chapter 5 . 4/18/2008
I like your story a lot - I'll read anything Culture-related. You should check out Ruskbyte's latest HP/Culture story Culture Shock. One of the more interesting aspects of your story is Baltar being a Contact/Special Circumstances agent. The idea that Baltar really knows what he's doing and has good reasons for it is very appealing - a far, far cry from both the 70's Baltar who willingly sells out humanity in return for dictatorship over what's left and today's crazy/messianic Baltar. It's like your Baltar is what the new canon's Baltar thinks he is. He's a Baltar who wins rather than a Baltar whose plots are continuously destroyed by others.
ArrowMk84 chapter 5 . 4/18/2008
Another great chapter! I wonder if Brian tried to detonate his nuke when Dancing picked him up... hehe
Stephen Mann chapter 4 . 4/17/2008
I've always loved Culture ship names, and Kicking Down The Door is the perfect ship to bring a rude halt to a nice little genocidal invasion.
Archer007 chapter 4 . 4/16/2008
I love this story! The email format does have advantages - it is a more "personal" view of the AIs than descriptive text would be.
VoidHawk of The Phoenix Souls chapter 4 . 4/16/2008
Hello My Friend!

I just finished reading this sweet crossover, and as a fan of Banks and in special, a fan of the Culture series, I must say this is a really nice piece.

I can clearly see Excession made a strong impression on you, as the Minds talking here is strongly like the exchanges made on Excession. But I see you already read Matter (where this kind of exchange is not used, though not much Mind talk there anyway ) as you did mentioned the Morthanveld. Nice.

Using Baltar as the SC Agent was a really nice plot point, and the little exchange between the Cylons and that R.O.U. was funny. Luckily that R.O.U was a good humored one. If it was one of the grumpy ones it might have slaped the Cylons hard before any talking. (Maybe a veterean from the Idiran War? A seasoned War Ship? Maturity may give you more humor towards silly actions like the Cylon ones, given that R. are not especially good humored)

The feel is nice, and I am eager to see where this will lead. Are you planning to connect this to the Idiran War? The teological fervor was part of the Idiran culture, though they did not favored A.I's. Maybe some of the old Battlestar Galactica lore, Count Iblis being a rogue, mad Mind from Culture's past with some nasty concept of humor toying with societal experiments?

I will wait and see.

Congratulations on this work, and pay no heed to senseless flaming. Flamers should learn to write on their own instead of flaming real good work from others. Jealousy perhaps? I know crossovers are tricky, but this one is very well done.

Keep the good job!
Zoroz chapter 4 . 4/14/2008
awesome fic, ill keep an eye out for updates :)
ACE Albert chapter 4 . 4/14/2008
Fantastic update. Loved the interaction between the Kicking Down the Door and the Cylons. Also love the way the plot is being set up. :)

Glad to hear the story is actually more or less finished, I look forward to seeing more! And I wanted to say that I myself do like the "email-esque blurbs", I think they contribute to the general 'feel' of the Culture very well.

Oh, and please ignore the anonymous reviewer posting as "THE FILTH!" and "ROU Meatfucker" - that person apparently likes to pointlessly flame any good scifi fanfic, especially xovers.

Looking forward to Friday! :)
ROU Meatfucker chapter 4 . 4/14/2008
And it's a shame that after reading Excession you desacrate Banks' works so shamefully
101 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »