Reviews for A Strange Old Hermit
Guest chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Very beautiful, and warm. This story made me feel that comfortable tingle down my back.
MKofGod chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Of all the Ben knowing Luke on Tatooine, this one takes the cake. Wow... so subtle and beautiful and... wow...
donahermurphy chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
I love the last line, and the relationship beteen the two. It makes sense that Luke had some fondchildhood memories of Ben. Otherwise his reaction in ANH- and his respect and love for Ben Kenobi- would be a little... overly intense, I guess.
Kelev chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
Aww! I'm a sucker for Luke and Obi-Wan stories, and this one was super in spite of the length. An excellent read!
Kirby12 chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
I've poured over your writings in the last two days, basically devouring them all. They are excellent, creative and capture the characters well I think. Thanks so much for bringing my Star Wars Pals to life wonderfully.
SapphireShelle91 chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
So cute and at the same time so sad. Poor Ben, alone and sad, but at least Luke can cheer him up.
I love dance chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
Aw! I loved this! I agree about the "win" sentence. Awesome! And Luke with the snapcakes... LOL, so cute! :) Lovely job!
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
I like this one because it seems to illustrate the first white lie that Ben had to tell Luke ("No. I wish I had. I heard a great many good things about her."). The thing about the chocolate snapcakes was cute. lol, and little Luke doesn't want to be "sweet". Nice.

"There was so much sadness in Ben's face all the time. When Luke grew up, would he be sad, too?" ...AW! This sentence is made of win. I love Luke-as-worldweary-Master, and this really seems to foreshadow that, but it also is a thought which might come naturally to a child.

I'm a little unsure where how this story takes place in terms of canon, because especially the Jedi training implied at the very end never seems to have taken place in the movie, or at least Luke did not seem to know Ben that well.

However, very good fic, of a perfect length for what it is.
Jedipati chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
I can't tell if this is completed or not (it feels complete, but it could be continued if you want it to.)

It's a very nice look at Little!Luke and Ben, and how things might have gone. Poor Ben, and Luke doesn't understand, even if he wants to.

I do hope you continue this.
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 4/12/2008