Reviews for Two Kinds of Beautiful
secondaryonly chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Wow. This is a beautiful portrayal of Nate.

"By leading the two on, Nate Archibald slowly destroyed the two exquisite beauty."

My favorite line.
Crimson-Kiss17 chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
So well written, I loved every word of it.
XfallenstarO chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
Very well written!
truglasgowgal chapter 1 . 4/24/2008

This was... breathtaking - if that's even possible. I have no idea if it is, but it was simply amazing.

Your whole writing style is so... I can't even think of the words, this is terrible. I really want to give you a worthy review, but you have actually put me at a loss for words ;)
pianogrl16 chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
Good job!
words end here chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
aww, that was amazing. You really captured the tradgedy of Nates charcater. Well done!
DerangedCalling chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
This is beautifully written..! I can't wait for the next chapter. You portrayed them so well. Personally I'm a fan of Nate/Serena. Jenny also seems to an imitation, unnatural. Please update soon :)
bbymojo chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
wow..i could say you really captured the angst and essence of the BNS love triangle..and how nate loves both girls in their own different kind of way..(in my opinion, of course)..

i also liked how you described the contrasts between serena and blair..they really are two kinds of beautiful..

by the way, i'm a N/S shipper you know whom i favor more..haha..

anyways, update!ΓΌ
xbecbebex chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
Excellent story.
Voo.Doo.Nail.Polish chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
Amazing the story, I love the depth and description in the character. And how the third beauty didn't have a name, it make her seem more of a copy, though I thinks it's Jenny.

Very very well done
a little risque chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
Well Done.

Not a lot of stories under Gossip Girl really dig deep into the character...

but alas, this story has.

I love the way how Nate seems to be tangled up in Serena.

& for the ending? its Brilliant.

"He had settled for the imitation, because he had lost the real thing."

Keep it up. I'm looking forward to more Gossip Girl stories from you.
ILoveIt09 chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
I like it.
ClairBair chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
I LOVE THIS STORY. so much i'm going to go through it and re-read and tell you what i love so much.

firstly, i just love how you've portrayed these whole 'two different kinds of beauty.' i think nate is scared that blair will 'break', or react badly to many things. i mean, judging from this, you've read the novels, and nate is a coward a lot of the time.

blair and serena, particularly in the tv series, and to an extent in the books, are very opposite types of beautiful. brown-blonde, brown-blue, short-tall, just to name their most obvious traits. so, yeah, this captured it perfectly, and how their personalities contrast so much as well.

'The beauty who had worn a trash bag as a joke, and still looked breathtaking.' one of my favourite lines, just because we're so used to 'she'd look fabulous in a trashbag' or whatever, but serena's the kind of girl that would do something like that for giggles. it was just a really, really good line to me.

'The beauty who could put a smile on her face to cover the crack in her heart.' with a lot gossip girl fics on here nowadays, they're always kind of unrealistically negative about s. i don't think they look that deeply into her, idk. i like that this fic kind of catches this. to me, serena was a very lonely girl before she left for boarding school and pre-falling for dan.

'But when he kissed her with his eyes open, he always kept one on the sunshine in his life. ' another one of my favourite lines. i don't even know why. it just seemed like such a realistic view of the situation and beautifully put.

i know you say it's the tv show you're obsessed with (and i'm a lot more obsessed with the tv show too' but how nate turned to s in the bedroom is more like how it happened in the books. so i'm a bit confused there. it was the wedding, in the tv show... though maybe they went to a bedroom afterwards? idk. XD

i loved the only overlapping between the two girls. i lovelove how you have serena in this. she's actually my second favourite character-first is, predictably, chuck-because there's a certain depth to her that is just less obvious then blair's. i'll probably get flamed for saying that, but yeah. also major love at how her heart kept cracking till it broke. bah. perfect writing.

and of course the ending is awesome. is the third beauty jenny, maybe? or just an OC?

i'm personally a nate/serena shipper, so i guess i was more drawn to the lines about them, lol. i loved how you showed their differences, one always happy, one not happy enough.

please either continue this or write more bns stories. it's just amazing. thanks for the good read!
Jowee chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
This is an heartbreakingly beautiful story. I love Nate, in the books and on the show, and you represented him so well. Good Job!