Reviews for Convalescence
TwlghtDrmr chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
haha i wished i was logged on! but oh well. lol! i won't lie, i loved this story. it was beautifully written, and i loved all the allusions you added in to marlowe, and the poem the shepherd's (something) and nymph's reply lol (can't remember their full names xD) i read those for my ap lit class and i have to say, they were the poems i enjoyed; more so then some, haha! i also saw some fire and ice which i assumed was an allusion to robert frost's poem? haha! :P anyways. beautiful story! you have this wonderful way with words that draws the reader in and i really just revel in all of it - it's extremely pleasurable to find stories that still know and can reference classics in a modern sense with an old soul sort of tint to it. in fact, i think your story is the only one i've read of its kind. excellent story! it was a pleasure to read. :)
mimi chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
BY GEORGE this story is awesome! i got your reference to the shepherds sonnet and nymphs reply because ive read that / those poems before. and fire and ice, unless that wasnt a reference. :P anyway, this was beautiful. it was written fantastically, and i loved the descriptions. it was truly fantastic. you, my friend, are an amazing writer. i think i would like to read more of your stories. :)
cast14 chapter 1 . 4/18/2008
great story i loved it

hope you will write others
frumpyrox chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
i'm new to your writing, but it has such a mythical and fluent feel to it. the imagery from your descriptions and dialogue is almost too perfect.

wow, what have you read or done to create or pick up such a beautiful writing style. it's insane, i really was wide-eyed and in awe after every line that just pulled me in further.

most stories, mine included, have unoriginal lines that just go on and on to explain something. but you've really gone about to bring out the art of writing. this has really blown me away.

happy unbirthday

-frumpyrox
Laura-chan chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
Sad and bittersweet, I liked the kiss scene :) Good work
C.A.M.E.O.1 and Only chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
Yeesh...Loving, but dark...Not bad.
Escalus chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
Very pretty, but a little forced.