Reviews for Seven Village Stomp
swiftrabbit chapter 2 . 5/27/2009
The story is funny and character dispositions are right on, but really, Hiashi not noticing a chakra/ki buildup of any kind? Hiashi's Kaitens not making giant craters? You really nerfed the guy. Genma just swatted him away like a fly in that battle. And realistically there is no way for Hiashi to lose track of genma in any way unless he went underground. Neji's byakugan can stretch kilometers in all directions as shown when he was looking for the seals before finding Gaara shoudn't hiashi be able to see a few feet above him and anticipate any hits even with his arrogance in the way? Genin Neji showed more skill than your hiashi did in that fight.
Sdarian chapter 2 . 5/21/2009
This is looking to be a great story. I'm wondering if there will be other crossovers added in (a new one for every one of the Seven Villages that are being Stomped?), but regardless of that, this is still pretty good.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this (and especially an update for Eldrich as well). Good luck!
Demon Lord of Blood chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
pretty good keep going
Hat O' Doom chapter 2 . 5/16/2009
Well at least you're upfront about updates and whatnot for the readers. Hope the next chapter comes around soon, its a fantastic read.
Wulfenbach chapter 2 . 5/9/2009
Oh PLEASE tell me you are going to keep them there in the Naruto world for a while longer.
TitanX7 chapter 2 . 5/1/2009
Love the story! The level of detail work is excellent! Update Soon!
Midoriryu chapter 2 . 4/28/2009
Very different story you've got here. It's the first I've read where both Ranma AND Genma show up there. In this chapter Genma's usage of the iron cloth technique was brilliant. It'll be interesting how Hinata and Naruto turn out with Ranma and Genma to look up to.
AbyssalDaemon chapter 2 . 4/27/2009
I just recently got around to checking this story out and am glad that I did so. I usually find myself dislike Ranma crossovers do to how often the physical abilities and skill in martial arts get so heavily nerfed, so thank you for writing not only a well writen fic but one that stays true to Ranmaverse.

Also thank you for a well written Genma that isn't bashing him! That has become a major point of annoyances for me in most Ranma fics. Most people seem to not only forget the fact that the man for all his faults is one of the better martial artists to appear in the series but does also for that he does to Ranma that the man does care for him.

My one major critism is over Hinata and her stuttering. The only times that she seems to do it was talking to Naruto and even then once she got started she quit it.
Jupiah chapter 2 . 4/27/2009
This story is amazing. Well choreographed and creative fights, interesting dialogue and a hilariously Ranma-esque ordinary theft turned national disaster plot. Good work.

I love your portrayal of Genma. He's a hypocrite, overly dramatic, and somehow both stupid and observant at the same time, almost paradoxically. He notices that everyone is speaking Japanese before Ranma, but attributes it to a magical pill he was suckered into buying. Brilliantly in-character and entertaining!

I've seen many people attempt to mesh the different combat systems of both series before, but I must say that your interpretation of ki vs chakra is the best so far, and pure genius in it's simplicity. However, there are still a few things that don't quite fit.

Summoning and fuinjutsu, how do those fit into the equation? No one in Ranma can do anything like those, and they seem much more like standard fantasy style magic than martial arts. Same with handsigns. What's the Ranma equivalent of using handsigns to cast jutsu? Why are handsigns even necessary with this system? Also, how does elemental recomposition work here? Can Ranmaverse martial artists do it too? Is that why battle auras are inexplicably hot, and the Body of Ice creates cold ki, by converting their chakra/ki to elemental type chakra/ki?

I was worried for a bit that the martial arts fights would be dull because Ranma doesn't have access to his canon arsenal of Joketsuzoku techniques, but I was relieved to find that I was far off the mark. The rooftop chase in particular was entertaining, and the bathhouse escape was particularly fitting.

I did have one instance of fridge logic long after the fact though. Did Ranma and Genma somehow know that the building they collapsed was empty, or did it just not occur to them that they could be putting any innocent people inside it in danger with that stunt? Endangering bystanders isn't exactly something either of them would normally be willing to do in a fight.

The final fight with Hiashi was a tad disappointing though, as I feel you underpowered Hiashi. In chapter 137, page 35, Hiashi instantly defeated 20 sound-nin by forming a Kaiten roughly 25 meters in diameter. It dug a massive crater in the ground. The kaitens he was forming against Genma were pathetic in comparison to that. That is literally the only fight he's ever been shown in, but it clearly shows him to be a major powerhouse.

Not that I think Genma wouldn't have won. Despite acting like a sniveling coward most of the time, Genma's easily one of the strongest fighters in Ranma 1/2. I just don't think he should have won so easily. At the least, he should have been pushed near his limit, maybe even have broken out the senkens, or have needed Ranma's aid.

Despite these complaints, his use of the Iron Cloth style was ingenious, particularly how he utilized against an opponent it should have been worthless against, by all rights.

Finally, how the heck did Ranma and Genma get from China to another dimension? They seem to have simply put Ryoga to shame in the art of getting lost, which is a rather oddly silly plot device in an otherwise believable and realistic story.
creatureofthepitchblack chapter 2 . 4/26/2009
love the story.

i'm rather disappointed that you might not finish it, since it's one of the best naruto/ranma xovers i've come across.

hope you do continue with the story.

love ranma's current abilities, and with the addition of the ninjas' own techniques he should be able to start taking down even S-rank and higher, once he has chakra and all that down. genma with the addition of chakra techniques is truly a hilarious and frightening thought.
TegwenielWestwind chapter 2 . 4/24/2009
I love this story so far. The amount of comedy is astonishingly, and flows excellently. The only minor issue I came up with is that none of the ninja used genjutsu against Ranma nor Genma. Admittedly, with their chi abilities, they -might- have something resembling natural defenses, it's something they cannot physically react to, nor have they been exposed to it before.
Lord Dragon Claw chapter 2 . 4/24/2009
This is funny. I am interested to see where it goes next.

If you ever decide on giving this an actual plot, you can say that Ranma and Genma were unwittingly following Ryouga for a while before they ended up in the Naruto world.
shikome kido mi chapter 2 . 4/21/2009
This is a very good and funny fic. Your characterization is spot on, so far.

I'm not quite sure about Ranma's power levels, but I think you got Genma's right- considering that Genma prefers to deal with things by running away and sometimes (Ukyo) even seems to just let people beat him up, he's easy to underestimate, but he doesn't lose to Ranma when seriously trying until rather late in the series (Hell's Cradle arc).

One major limit to Ranma's abilities, especially early in this story should be that he's much less familiar with external ki techniques than his father, note how quickly he lost to the Shishihoukodan and at that point he was much faster than pre-series.

I enjoyed the practical application of Happosai's 'lessons' in chapter one as well, it was a great humourous touch.
Hiryo chapter 2 . 4/21/2009
Thousand thanks for writing yet again a very good fanfic please continue this amazing work of art. Please upate soon!
Baughn chapter 2 . 4/20/2009