Reviews for Seven Village Stomp
Perfect Lionheart chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
That was one of the most creative and imaginative uses of Genma that I have ever seen.
gambit chapter 2 . 7/14/2009
Damn, nice hook, too bad you say this story's just a romp. These first two chapters were fantastic, loved the wedding crashing, that was damn hilarious! I love how you've done Genma too; I agree the guy's not someone to look up to, but far too many people take the easy route and bash him.

Really wish you'd continue with this.
Hitokiri Onib chapter 2 . 7/13/2009
A traveling ranma story... With tag alongs to boot! SweeT!

the battle scenes are great! and since the title is seven village stomp i'm guessing some more nuttiness with a rapping cloud ox is to come!... or not. Meh shame this isn't one of your priority stories. its quite enjoyable.

And you have proven that anything can be accepted if accompanied with a proper explanation.(chakra/ki)

For that i salute you.

And i also hate you. I hate you like a 5 year old hates the old story teller that has forced him to go to bed. Damn cliffhangers.

Later

_

... Btw if Gai ever hear genma say those things... I would say that soun and panda-man would have a new drinking, crying, over reacting partner... And a little bushy browed overtly enthusiastic apprentice... in green. Please make this happen if you decide to continue.
Wonderbee31 chapter 2 . 7/9/2009
You know, this is a fun read here, really enjoying the banter between Ranma and Genma, like the better kinds of buddy movies out there, and just shows how much they've gotten to know one another over the years, and will be fun to see what else happens with this odd group as they keep going on.
Honebar chapter 2 . 7/9/2009
I have to say I love this story. _ just picturing hinata as she bows and then turns her back on her father was pricless. _ when genma was preaching about being a good father had me in giggles. I really do hope you will write a bit more of this.. heh heh 'once i figure out how to untie you' giggles
Chasuzen chapter 2 . 6/8/2009
Great crossover! However my sole issue with your fic is your use of past and present tenses.

ex. Glancing between Lion Mask and Hiashi, Ranma admires his handiwork. Perhaps he isn't quite as elegant as his father, but the pigtailed boy has managed to create his human basket.

Revised. Glancing between Lion Mask and Hiashi, Ranma admired his handiwork. It wasn't as elegant as his fathers, but nonetheless he had managed to create a human basket.

The main issue is that your using present tense descriptions for your fic when you should be using past. (present would be better for POV of first person, as a general rule of thumb past tense is the best for fics like yours.) Other than that you overuse terms like "bespectacled man" / "pig tailed boy". Such descriptions are best when used sparingly. Ranma/Genma or even he are fine for normal use.

Just my two cents, other than that great story so far. Please continue your work.
swiftrabbit chapter 2 . 5/27/2009
The story is funny and character dispositions are right on, but really, Hiashi not noticing a chakra/ki buildup of any kind? Hiashi's Kaitens not making giant craters? You really nerfed the guy. Genma just swatted him away like a fly in that battle. And realistically there is no way for Hiashi to lose track of genma in any way unless he went underground. Neji's byakugan can stretch kilometers in all directions as shown when he was looking for the seals before finding Gaara shoudn't hiashi be able to see a few feet above him and anticipate any hits even with his arrogance in the way? Genin Neji showed more skill than your hiashi did in that fight.
Sdarian chapter 2 . 5/21/2009
This is looking to be a great story. I'm wondering if there will be other crossovers added in (a new one for every one of the Seven Villages that are being Stomped?), but regardless of that, this is still pretty good.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this (and especially an update for Eldrich as well). Good luck!
Demon Lord of Blood chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
pretty good keep going
Hat O' Doom chapter 2 . 5/16/2009
Well at least you're upfront about updates and whatnot for the readers. Hope the next chapter comes around soon, its a fantastic read.
Wulfenbach chapter 2 . 5/9/2009
Oh PLEASE tell me you are going to keep them there in the Naruto world for a while longer.
TitanX7 chapter 2 . 5/1/2009
Love the story! The level of detail work is excellent! Update Soon!
Midoriryu chapter 2 . 4/28/2009
Very different story you've got here. It's the first I've read where both Ranma AND Genma show up there. In this chapter Genma's usage of the iron cloth technique was brilliant. It'll be interesting how Hinata and Naruto turn out with Ranma and Genma to look up to.
AbyssalDaemon chapter 2 . 4/27/2009
I just recently got around to checking this story out and am glad that I did so. I usually find myself dislike Ranma crossovers do to how often the physical abilities and skill in martial arts get so heavily nerfed, so thank you for writing not only a well writen fic but one that stays true to Ranmaverse.

Also thank you for a well written Genma that isn't bashing him! That has become a major point of annoyances for me in most Ranma fics. Most people seem to not only forget the fact that the man for all his faults is one of the better martial artists to appear in the series but does also for that he does to Ranma that the man does care for him.

My one major critism is over Hinata and her stuttering. The only times that she seems to do it was talking to Naruto and even then once she got started she quit it.
Jupiah chapter 2 . 4/27/2009
This story is amazing. Well choreographed and creative fights, interesting dialogue and a hilariously Ranma-esque ordinary theft turned national disaster plot. Good work.

I love your portrayal of Genma. He's a hypocrite, overly dramatic, and somehow both stupid and observant at the same time, almost paradoxically. He notices that everyone is speaking Japanese before Ranma, but attributes it to a magical pill he was suckered into buying. Brilliantly in-character and entertaining!

I've seen many people attempt to mesh the different combat systems of both series before, but I must say that your interpretation of ki vs chakra is the best so far, and pure genius in it's simplicity. However, there are still a few things that don't quite fit.

Summoning and fuinjutsu, how do those fit into the equation? No one in Ranma can do anything like those, and they seem much more like standard fantasy style magic than martial arts. Same with handsigns. What's the Ranma equivalent of using handsigns to cast jutsu? Why are handsigns even necessary with this system? Also, how does elemental recomposition work here? Can Ranmaverse martial artists do it too? Is that why battle auras are inexplicably hot, and the Body of Ice creates cold ki, by converting their chakra/ki to elemental type chakra/ki?

I was worried for a bit that the martial arts fights would be dull because Ranma doesn't have access to his canon arsenal of Joketsuzoku techniques, but I was relieved to find that I was far off the mark. The rooftop chase in particular was entertaining, and the bathhouse escape was particularly fitting.

I did have one instance of fridge logic long after the fact though. Did Ranma and Genma somehow know that the building they collapsed was empty, or did it just not occur to them that they could be putting any innocent people inside it in danger with that stunt? Endangering bystanders isn't exactly something either of them would normally be willing to do in a fight.

The final fight with Hiashi was a tad disappointing though, as I feel you underpowered Hiashi. In chapter 137, page 35, Hiashi instantly defeated 20 sound-nin by forming a Kaiten roughly 25 meters in diameter. It dug a massive crater in the ground. The kaitens he was forming against Genma were pathetic in comparison to that. That is literally the only fight he's ever been shown in, but it clearly shows him to be a major powerhouse.

Not that I think Genma wouldn't have won. Despite acting like a sniveling coward most of the time, Genma's easily one of the strongest fighters in Ranma 1/2. I just don't think he should have won so easily. At the least, he should have been pushed near his limit, maybe even have broken out the senkens, or have needed Ranma's aid.

Despite these complaints, his use of the Iron Cloth style was ingenious, particularly how he utilized against an opponent it should have been worthless against, by all rights.

Finally, how the heck did Ranma and Genma get from China to another dimension? They seem to have simply put Ryoga to shame in the art of getting lost, which is a rather oddly silly plot device in an otherwise believable and realistic story.
220 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »