Reviews for The Old Ways Never Die
britt chapter 3 . 3/11/2013
please do contunine because i love it? keep up the good work.
Mathias chapter 3 . 3/6/2009
You've clearly changed a lot of the mythology. But going on that... ugh, this is going to just sound mean... I'm not doing rhetorical analysis on this one or anything, but just my personal preferences.

I don't have any idea what's going on. There are so many names going on, so many Norse Gods which I honestly don't know anything about, changes to the mythology... I know in the first book you were dropped in without warning, but you were eased in with Harry's journey.

I know you're trying to change the village/school to be happier because of frustrations with the universes you're using, but you're doing so much at once that I can't keep track of it. There is simply so much plot moving forward that I am not connected with the characters. It's very, very hard for me to read, especially since I see them being very very super powerful in a way that could make them uninteresting. At the same time, I'm not sure exactly where you're going with the story.

You're warping the universe to meet your expectations not by changing things as the author and owning your story, but by manipulating people in canon with the introduction of the Norse Gods. Everything is cryptic, it has all the elements of 'new house, new powers, new everything' which I see in fanfiction I don't really like. And that does sound mean, I know, and I'm sorry.

I encourage you to, in order, ignore me if you think I'm full of crap or ask me if I'm not being clear. I don't want to be discouraging, but at the same time I can't say I like the story so far. I'd rather have you know I'll be honest whenever possible than be vague. Again, sorry.