Reviews for A Winner is You Whist
avatarjk137 chapter 9 . 11/23/2008
Excellent work. A heartwarming ending, and a good fight. If it's good enough, on the other hand, remains to be seen.
jjp55 chapter 9 . 11/23/2008
i can tell you're tired from all the little errors, but no real complaint; i'm sure thats how mine looks as well.

great chapter though. wolfwood's character is a bit off (not sure if that's how he would react to desecration, but that kind of scenario never pops up in trigun). but thats to be expected in something like this. I hadn't realized Li'ain was so powerful - kinda puts a plot hole into my story. anyway, best of luck in the judging, for kyuubis fight especially!
Khellan Rafe chapter 8 . 10/1/2008
Good stuff, girl! Keep it going like that and you'll never lose! Heheh, I like Angel's almost psycopathic glee at blowing things up. Kinda reminds me of Deadpool.
Aelsthla-Mental chapter 8 . 9/30/2008
Heh, great job. Wrapping Angel in chains... almost comical.

Luck is a factor you just can't rely on hey? I should know, i'm writing for an E-ranked Luck servant...

Anyway, I think the fight was pretty well done, good luck.
avatarjk137 chapter 8 . 9/30/2008
That was quite good! And honestly, the canon doesn't have Angel's personality down well either, but I think you did quite well under the circumstances. I liked this interpretation of Angel, at any rate.
Khellan Rafe chapter 7 . 9/5/2008
Man, Whist is a blockhead. Heheh, but seriously, well written and entertaining as always. Always a pleasure!
avatarjk137 chapter 7 . 9/5/2008
Good work on this filler chapter! I like the minor nature demon running the clinic.
Khellan Rafe chapter 6 . 8/25/2008
Awesome. This is a beautifully written, well-characterized, and over-all kick ass chapter. Between the two of us, I think we pulled it off. Great job!
Kohaku Kawa chapter 6 . 8/20/2008
I like the fight, but you shouldn't pull all nighters. They mess with the coherency of your story. I followed it, but some bits were confusing.

Whist rocked as usual.
avatarjk137 chapter 6 . 8/17/2008
Awesome, awesome work. It was a little hard to follow at times, mostly when you let the paragraphs get a little swollen, but brilliant work. I especially loved the fighting with Sylar.
Alius111 chapter 6 . 8/15/2008
This was amazing! Your writing style is incredible. The action, the intensity, not to mention to dialogue.

I loved your characterization of Roku. The ending was the best part, especially Roku's near victory.

After reading this, I'm a little sad (And of course burning with jealously) to admit my winning streak will more than likely be over.

In my humble opinion, yours is the superior entry and deserves to win.

Good luck.
avatarjk137 chapter 5 . 7/21/2008
Great work. This was short, but very strong.
Aelsthla-Mental chapter 5 . 7/20/2008
Short and sweet, i like it.

Good luck with your round.

you're going to have to remember "no one is as ugly as you" when he fights Deadpool LOL.
Yellowfur chapter 4 . 6/22/2008
Ha! Great! Your characterization of Massie was splendid. She probably would have tried to defend herself more at the end or run away or say whatevr or something, but it was still all quite good.

I like Whist.

He's attractive, too.
Captain Deadpool chapter 4 . 6/20/2008
Massie? In a fighting touney?

I must say, though, I found the shopping joke very funny.