Reviews for Mirror, Mirror
Wonderful! I loved every last bit of it! I really the historic notes; I'm a history majorn so so all the little tidbits are really cool to me. And i love the mirror thing. I have read myths with this in them. I hope you don't mind if I use the mirror idea in my own fanfic; it's such an interesting element that i want to try my own twist on it, it's ok. I wouldn't want you to think I'm stealing your thing, though. -Bonnie Celt
Your amazing story was one of the best Norrington/OC fanfics I have read! I really loved it! It was well-written, the plot was awesome and ingenious ( I liked especially the fact that you created a story beyond the movies and not just add an OC in the movies' plot) and the representation of James and Ayse was incredible! Bravo! Thank you for writing it!
Obversa chapter 4 . 2/10/2014
I really like your story, and you write very well, but...Ayse seems like a Mary Sue to me. You may want to take the Universal Mary Sue Litmus test for her, and all the mentions of her being a "perfect, beautiful, good girl" are a little much at times.
Udumuhv chapter 31 . 1/17/2012
This is my (at least) second time reading this story and I'm still dazed how unique and brilliant it is:)
3LW00D chapter 32 . 1/9/2012
LOVE IT! I loved every sentence. So much humor and drama and excitement! I am sad about Gillete though, he was one of my favorites, but at least his missus got a happy ending. And Lt. Groves, I'm glad an author gave him some attention, poor bloke was needing it.

Hm...favorite parts...Norrie's reaction to hearing they'd have to hunt down Jack was priceless. And when Ayse cut her hair-her reaction was exactly the same as my mom's when I first sheered all of mine off. I think she still harbor's wishes I will allow it to grow past my ears.

I am sad this epic has drawn to a close, but it was so very very good. I especially loved the facts and tidbits at the bottom of some chapters.

Ok, enough ramblings. Time to troll your page for more awesome stories.
Captain MeraSparrow chapter 32 . 1/9/2012
Hi there! I was searching earnestly for a decent James fic and stumbled upon this gem!

Well written, definitely felt period, and I must say that while some of the sailing bits were a bit wrong, I definitely appreciate the fact that you were willing to research the subject as heavily as you did! Because fanfiction tends to be temporary and of course unofficial, people don't tend to put much effort into it, but your dedication is clear and because of that a wonderful story has blossomed! Thank you for this!

All the best!
Udumuhv chapter 32 . 11/27/2011
I loved it,this is the best PotC fics I've ever read. Actually this is one of the best fics on this page I've read.

Honestly,I would like to kidnap you,lock you in my closet and force you to keep writing forever:D

*gives you a carrot/muffin/whatever you prefer*
Celestia's Paladin chapter 32 . 11/15/2011
I have to admit this wasn't what I was expecting, in fact it is better than what I was expecting. You did a good job with the story telling and making plot that is believable and fits with the universe. Then there is the fact that you did research into the era, that by itself should make you a damn good author. Thank you for writing such a exciting tale ~GraysonPaladin
CommanderValeria chapter 3 . 9/7/2011
Okay first off I feel so incredibly guilty for taking so long to read more of your story. All I can say really is that life in general as gotten busy of late.

I like how you placed Ayse in what I suppose would be more or less the middle class of the time. I feel like (and admit to being guilty of this at times too) characters tend to either be put as either members of the aristocracy or the poor. It might even create some interesting situations. She has the ease of money but not the social status of the lords and ladies. Then again she can probably get away with more than they could too. :-P

Poor James having to wait around in Ayse's bedroom all day. I honestly don't know if someone in her position would be spending much time in her bedroom during the day but I doubt it and I know I, for one, would be so bored waiting for someone to come back just so I could watch them. I can't imagine just hanging around with literally nothing to occupy my time all day.

I'm impressed with your knowledge of all the pieces of clothing ladies of the day would have been wearing. That's another thing I feel like people don't realize, especially pockets being separate from the dress itself. Then again, maybe more people know those sorts of things than I think.

"Cousin, your imagination has inconvenienced me..." Oh, dear I'm sorry the next time you see someone in your looking glass don't bother waking me. :-P This section amused me so I thought I'd throw my response in here.

Good chapter. I hope they continue to get along and also get better acquainted. It's a cute little romance they've got going so far. One thing that did confuse me though...why didn't she see James in the mirror earlier? Was it that she just wasn't looking at the mirror or something like that? Overall, it was good though. Hopefully I can read more soon!
silmelinde chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
I say, the concept of a ghost in the mirror is highly romantic. I've been enjoying it entirely. Your story is very much a pleasent read. It is deliciously fun and ironic and Jack was to officiate James' marriage ceremony. And lol, if anyone can blow up a Caribbean island, it has to be no other than Captain Jack Sparrow. I very much like how well you have tied up all the lose ends. Alston is a good man who deserved a happy ending too. Cheers to good endings.
Kalawyn Tawariell chapter 32 . 7/20/2011
Hey. Your story made me smile... a lot. ) You had a few typing errors, comma splices, word choice issues, and improper uses of "however," but overall, I thought it was a very good story line. It was certainly modeled like a fairy tale (and who doesn't love those?), and I thought it was very sweet. Good job.

*~Kalawyn Tawariell~*
CommanderValeria chapter 2 . 7/20/2011
So I finally made it to chapter two! This probably won't be the only time you hear this from me but I love the way you describe things. It really helps me to picture what's going on. You know I have had the thought before that Elizabeth kind of treated Norrington like crap on occasion. I didn't really notice it the first time I saw the movies but I saw it when I rewatched them later on.
animalwriter chapter 32 . 6/24/2011
Finished finished finished finished FINISHED! XD Excellent work! I really enjoyed this story! Okay, so let's go over my individual chapter comments.

Fight with the Navy was quite exciting and very well-written! And I really liked the little scene with James and Ayse afterwards where he told her she wasn't alone. Actually, when reading that part I found myself wondering if they had actually not consummated their marriage yet due to the fact that they were on the ship, and you answered that in a later chapter. I was glad you didn't choose to randomly skip that scene, lol. I like how you show their relationship developing and how Ayse still had some uncertainties but Elizabeth told her about her talk with James and then she felt better. It's sort of realistic that they would still be a little awkward together after getting thrown into so much and not having a lot of time to settle in together.

I was sad to say farewell to Jack and Elizabeth and Gibbs and the rest! :( They were so fun to have in the story. Glad Ayse and Elizabeth are keeping in touch.

Again, you write description so well. I liked Ayse and James stealthily making their way back to his house under cover of night - it was fun. And, of course, when they get back home and FINALLY consummate that marriage of theirs! _ The little bickering between them over her corset was great! James doesn't have the best track record when it comes to corsets... he doesn't seem to understand them very well XD

So glad Edmund got his comeuppance but also glad that he (sort of) redeemed himself, kind of, or is on the way to doing so. Ayse's father's appearance was great and the talk between him and his brother as well. I also liked the little tidbits of info about Ayse's mother. Is Esra an Ottoman name as well? I assume so. I wonder if you plan to tell us more about that necklace someday ;)

Ayse's finally lashing out at her uncle was PERFECT! Soooo glad she did that! And of course, James threatening him and stuff was fun. And I'm also glad you tied up the loose ends with Mary and Benjamin... I was hoping you would not forget about them! :)

So you probably weren't thinking this but the story James made up to tell Anne about him and Ayse meeting put me in mind of that woman you were talking about in the historical sections who disguised herself as a man and then her crew members liked her so much that they kept her secret. I know it's just a made-up story from him but it makes it so believable nonetheless when it connects to something that really happened.

Finally, very sweet little epilogue! I like that they are in London and that her father and Eloise are also in London and of course that Theodore comes back - now to get him and Eloise together, hehehe :D

Sigh, James, why must you be so ... SUBDUED in public? LOL. But I guess it's true to character XD

I hope you do more stories about them! Thanks for the fun reading experience! :)
CommanderValeria chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
This was a good first chapter. I'll admit I liked Norington in the movies. I've always thought when it came right down to it he was a good guy who got caught up in being more 'dutiful' than doing the right thing all the time. Anyway good job and I plan on reading more as I find the time :)
animalwriter chapter 27 . 6/11/2011
lol raspberry tarts.

And I was REALLY laughing out loud when Jack performed that ceremony. It was hilarious! I love Jack, he's such a fun character.

Very sweet, nice wedding! It's cute to see Ayse and James bickering a little bit too.

Eek it's the Navy! Can't wait to see what happens next!