Reviews for Harry James Potter and the Power of a Prodigy
TSBasilisk chapter 5 . 5/7/2008
Hm, it'll be a tight run between them and I can easily see the Sorting Hat needing to deliberate but I'd say Gryffindor. Despite his intelligence he's still incredibly brave for his situation. Prior to this, for lack of any other choice, he never really needed to leave his home. After an entire life of isolation, and despite the insults, fear, and sickness, he's not only going to school but even daring them to take away his familiars. He may be afraid and physically weak but the fact that he's able to push on shows he has immense courage.

Either way, I think Hermione should end up in the same house as him.
Yunaine chapter 5 . 5/7/2008
It's a bit different from what I normally read, but you're doing a good job of the story at the moment. I'm looking forward to the next update and when Harry finally gets rid of his illness.

Perhaps one thing you might need to change, because it is a pretty big mistake you made.

- Harry was not seen by anyone since Voldemort attacked

- Ron asks to see Harry's scar

That is simply impossible since no one knows that Harry even has a scar, since nobody saw him since. Even if everyone saw the scar in Diagon Alley, no one would know were it came from.

Could be that I missed something of course, I only read the latest update.
stonegnome1 chapter 5 . 5/7/2008
One question, If Harry disappeared on the night volde was defeated how does anyone know about the scar or for that matter recognize him.
ROBERT-19588 chapter 5 . 5/7/2008
Great story.

I would like Harry to go into Ravinclow.

Looking for more of this story.
VulcanFanGirl chapter 5 . 5/7/2008
i like this fic already and i hope harry is in Ravenclaw cant wait till you update
Raul Fictitious chapter 5 . 5/7/2008
nice chap... though harry's way to small!

like ur story so far

hope you update soon!
jabarber69 chapter 5 . 5/7/2008
Hey is harry just sick or is he a wimp! Letting draco do that to him, after all he knows all those spells and wandless too!
Tempest07 chapter 5 . 5/7/2008
Definitely Ravenclaw, I bet that if Hermione learns how smart he is she'll follow him into Ravenclaw as well.
firstar28 chapter 5 . 5/7/2008
I know I already put my two cents in but, I still say that the definition of courage is not the absence of fear but the willingness to overcome fear. For that reason I still think that Harry belongs in Gryffindor. He overcame more fear just to get on the train than any other rash idiot in that house ever thought about dealing with. Plus He has already made several friends that are in Gryffindor. He shouldn’t have to be all alone. Since the hat takes request into consideration, wouldn’t Harry ask to be put into the house that contains some people that he is already comfortable with? I just think that even as smart as he is, he belongs in Gryffindor. Ravenclaw is the surface choice. I think you should have the hat look deeper into what he has the potential to become. I really feel passionate about this. If you do put him in Ravenclaw, would you please put Hermione in with him? I can’t stand the thought of him being all alone.
Hericus C chapter 3 . 5/6/2008
Also if your going to make Harry a Prodigy give him so common sense, don't make him stupid just for the stories sake or it defeats the title.
Hericus C chapter 4 . 5/6/2008
Nice, different story so far but I hate the cliffies at each chapter end. Once in a while they're good, every Also why didn't Harry use the portkey to get to Hogwarts while he was so sick...surely he realized the Hogwarts seal and letter were sent magically, after all they way the envelope is usually address is telling enough. Harry seems to know enough other odd facts to have know that. And isn't there a spell to tell where a portkey goes?
ReadingRed chapter 4 . 5/6/2008
GRYFFINDOR! He has to be really brave to face his fears like he's done.
Analeise chapter 4 . 5/6/2008
I love this story but you could hurry up the writing a bit?

you do know how to let a person impatient, finishing the chapter there.

"he turned to face the source of the disturbance and felt his mouth drop to the floor in shock at what he saw."

what did he saw?
gaul1 chapter 4 . 5/6/2008
interesting, whats next, byes
Refuge of a P.e.n.c.i.l chapter 4 . 5/5/2008
Well first of all, I want Harry in Gryffindor. No Slytherin...I don't like it when that happens.

I can't wait for the next chapter! I'm so anxious to hear what happens when he meets his parents. And also that ending was a cliff hanger...and I can't wait for that either.

Oh...AND we get to find out what's wrong with's quite a lot of stuff going on there.

Forest seems pretty nice to me...and true, he does need a parent sort of figure, so it's ok with me. (the whole idea of Forest).

Well, overall this is a real great story you've got going on. It's just perfect, and I have some written stories (very rough) that this story sort of reminds me Harry getting sick, living on the streets, meeting his parents...

Yeah, but it's all stored up somewhere and I haven't showed anybody like you have. It was a wonderful idea that you did, because I am lovin this story.
1,234 | « Prev Page 1 .. 67 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 .. Last Next »