Reviews for Predator Called Progress
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
A great story. Very good.
Ted chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
I always figured Doc had come to town after the bypass. This was a powerful peek into another way it might have happened, however.
smile-clarenet chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
Wow, you write these stories so well. I can actually see it happening in my mind...it's brilliant.
foreignconcepts chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
Wow. Very well told, from Doc's poignant point of view. The last paragraph really said it all, how the decline happened slowly yet the impacts were felt within a short period of time.
Twilit Violet chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
Wow. Just... wow. Now THAT was deep! Very good. I was especially impressed with the line: I sighed heavily and in that moment... I wished I didn't. I wished I didn't know how things worked... That the little guy was always small and insignificant when thrown into the big picture...

The "Our Town" segment in the movie always gets to me. t's one of the reasons I don't watch the movie too often. It's just so powerful. That song reminds me of my hometown Paso Robles, CA, and how much it's changed, especially in the years I've been away from it. Only what happened there is the exact opposite.

It's grown quite a bit, and they're constantly destroying the places I grew up around to build bigger, "better" things. It's almost heartbreaking to see how different it all is every time I go back there to visit friends. I guess it goes to show that the effects of progress hit home in more ways than one. But I digress...

Sorry for the rant. Great story, though. Depressingly good! XP