Reviews for Understanding
Lolchen chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
Lol. Where did that come from? Really now, geeze... I like it though. And I know, too *g* Though _I_ haven't died yet - and probably wouldn't write you right now if I had... Have you ever died? See? Proves my point doesn' it? Now, I'm going to humour my lil brother with this dialogue (or plague him if you want to put it that way) Arigatou! He'll thank you too I'm sure ;) If he had an FF-acc that is...

mfG

Lolchen
Cliscia chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
Even though it's short, and consists only of dialogue,

it gives you the feeling you get

after reading something that makes you /think/.

With how short it is,

it makes it all the better that it was

so powerful.

Do more of these kinds of things?

I love it when Yami no Bakura and Ryou interact.

-and no, the rape fics everyone writes

of them do not count :c-

MOAR. I shall devour them.
Bakura's Guardian Angel chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Interesting...a little bit confusing if you havn't read the manga, but other then that its great!
Parker Stark chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
I like this alot :)
SpidersBlood chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
-Sudden light bulb turns on- I get it! D That was very cool! I had to read it twice (Probably needed to warm up my brain). I know it wasn't meant to be a happy situation, but understanding the conversation really made me excited... That was such a neat way of writing! It was in character and it had a deeper meaning, all contained within a short dialog. That is something amazing!
Night Rain Illusion chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
That was deep, even for a few lines. Good job.
Nightmare Remnant chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
Wow that was deep even for those few lines. It was like you could feel both of their presences, one not overbearing the other. You know, Yami Bakura not taking up the whole picture and leaving Ryou to cower in the background. They both took up the space and owned it without really making one presence lesser. If that makes any sense, but Ryou always feel so quiet like a weak presence in most things. Like Bakura in all his insanity overwhelms Ryou's softness but here they simply /mesh./

Like they have some sort of understanding, a general sort of thing that they can both relate to. I don't know, but like in a way they get each other.

Bakura, I almost think he feels guilty in some way. Like the last line just screamed to me guilt, not overwhelming guilt but the heavy and quiet kind that sneaks up on you when you remember all the /crap/ you've done and can't ever fix. It's almost like he regrets making another person in the world who's died only to come back again, I don't know. But he knows death, he knows suffering, he's experienced death in the loss of everyone he loved and in his own life. Ryou's done the same, he's lost people he loved and for a moment he lost his own life.

I can't even put it into words what this might or could mean but it just made sense in that profound way that you experience it but can't quite explain. You can't explain cause you just /know/ on an instinctual level.

That was great and it only consisted of fourteen lines, bravo!

Wow...long review, I was thinking about it as I was writing so I blathered on...oh well!D
FreshFish chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
It's a quality short oneshot of the cannon. I still say you need to write more, I like your style.

I wish you'd do a Bronze, conspire, pride or thief shipping soon. Then again I want everything. LOL It's good to want.

Thanks for writing this.
dragonlady222 chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
Did Bakura kill Ryou? Unintentionally or not? Poor boy is still young but dead.
adele4 chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
I really loved this! Though I'm a little bit worried about having missed something (are they talking about something specific at the beginning? If so, I haven't figured out what.)

I loved how their relationship is presented: it's not friendly at all, yet there's a sense of intimacy. And they both seem to have their own, distinct voice, if that makes any sense.

Yami Bakura's last response feels rather ominous – he never said he -wouldn't- make him understand.
One percent chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
Ryo is dead? O.o this dialogue is somehow very ... deep? I don't know! but ...

well, forget about this, it's GREAT