Reviews for Pater Meus
Spindle89 chapter 2 . 5/10/2014
Now I go to your profile-

*sobs and sobs until there are no tears left in my body*
Spindle89 chapter 3 . 5/10/2014
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I LOVE THIS FIC! Yeah, I'm fangirling right now. Please update soon, because this is hands-down one of the best fics I've read. Ever. And The Doctor just came into the scene. As I said before-

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Crackinmywall chapter 3 . 2/15/2014
Oh my god I love this story!
Are you ever gonna update it? Cause it's amazing! Brilliant work. :)
Anonymous chapter 3 . 11/16/2013
This is truly a brilliantly written story. Ty is such a unique yet real character. I could feel the thought put into everything he said and felt. I am so torn by this cliffhanger left with out an update in at least five years, but at the same time, this could easily be an ending left to the reader. As part of the audience of this story, I can only imagine what could happen next, but this is the beauty of it. As much as I want to know the rest of Ty's tale, the empty ending is so terrific in different way. I can see him and the Doctor together and how any number of interactions could happen between them. It is horrible to know that this story may never be finished by the writer, but it is so open to possibilities within the reader's minds that such an ending could be okay. Thank you for writing this much of such an amazing piece of work. It will always be here to have different endings for each reader and that, to me, is beautiful.
Hilary-O chapter 3 . 9/21/2013
Please finish this story!
Guest chapter 3 . 9/11/2013
So good. I had to restrain myself from squealing. Please update. And can there be this thing where the doctor and rose meet and she is just being all calm and 'took you long enough' and he is so happy and shocked he cants speak? Also putting the m in mystery is so good. You write great stories
njchrispatrick chapter 3 . 7/25/2013
Aw...why did you stop?
Ceanna Morgan chapter 3 . 5/21/2013
this is beautiful :')
TheRandomRavenclaw chapter 3 . 3/24/2013
PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE!
no name please chapter 3 . 3/6/2013
I realize that this story hasn't been updated since 2008 (!), but I found this quite by accident and I'm so glad that I took a look, even though I knew it would be incomplete. That said, it's really quite a shame that you've abandoned the story. Ty is a BRILLIANT character-brilliant in every sense of the word. He's inarguably one of the best OC's I've ever read on the site. He's well-rounded, his personality is maddening and endearing all at once, and above all, I loved his voice. I find that, even in published novels, a lot of first-person narrators tend to do just that: narrate. In Ty's case, though, I really felt like I was in his head. It was an excellently done stream-of-consciousness narrative, but you never deviated too far from the story, and that is a wonderful achievement.

Rose's relationship with her son is beautifully done. They get along without being best-friends-joined-at-the-hip/stereotypical-lovey-dovey-mother-and-son, and their fights felt completely honest. At the end of the day, a fight really is just a minor disagreement that spirals out of control, and you captured that really well. To top it all off, Rose was in character. Far too often, I see Rose-as-a-mother fics deviating way too far from who she was in the show, but this really felt like Rose to me. VERY well done in that respect. Also, Ty's thoughts on his mother were wonderful. Sentimental reasons aside, Gallifrey is just an atrocious name for your child, especially if said child is a boy. "Gallie" could at least plausibly be a female nickname-poor Ty, he really got screwed over (pardon my language) in that department. You can tell he loves Rose, but his frustration at the name was understandable and fleshed-out. The complaints felt real, rather than just a 2D character trait slapped on at the last second. I'd really like to know what Rose's thought process was when she named him...hmm...

Ty's thoughts concerning his father were also fantastic (forgive me, I'm throwing these terms around left and right, but they're all completely genuine. I promise that I'm not exaggerating). You could tell that his father's absence was bothering him in so many ways. He missed his father, he hated his father, he was curious about his father. Thankfully I've never been put in that situation, so I can't make a completely unbiased judgement on that, but I think you accurately portrayed what it must feel like to be raised under those circumstances. Parent-child relationships are complex, and you showed that complexity at varying ages, and each time it worked. Ty's feelings about his dad may not be consistent, but they are so wonderfully human.

That's what this is at the end of the day: Ty is so remarkably human. He's a refreshing character and you could really see the Doctor in him without making him an outright copy. He is his own person, and I for one would LOVE to see more of him. I know the odds of you updating the story aren't that great at this point, but if you ever do read this, please know that a LOT of people love what you've created and that we'd love to see more. There are only three chapters here-and they're plot-establishing chapters to boot-but you've clearly got something special here.

I'm sorry for the length of this review, but I wanted to try and express just how much I truly love what you've written. Even if you don't finish this soon, I just wanted to say that this was wonderful to read and that Ty was an extremely refreshing character. If I had an account I'd definitely favorite this! :)
tHe dAily ScRibbLeR chapter 3 . 1/4/2013
I know that you abandoned this story and your others long ago, however I truly wish to tell you how amazing these lovely little three chapters have been and (although I so wish there were more/an end) I honestly treasure them and will add this little story into my favorites and follows (just for that one little sliver of hope). Your characterization of everyone has been flawless and, even with the little that we've seen of Donna and the Tenth Doctor, they're perfect! I love Gallifrey and his rants and overall amazing-ness. Although my heart fell when I saw the last time it had been updated, it nevertheless deserves a "great job!"
Bubbly Girl13 chapter 3 . 12/11/2012
Love this story so far! :) Update soon! :)
Peace, Love and Happiness! :)
Bubbly Girl
alex.jh.14 chapter 3 . 8/21/2012
WHAT?! WHERE IS THE REST?! YOU CANT LEAVE US LIKE THAT! PLEASE COME BACK!
xXAwesomeSauceXx chapter 3 . 4/20/2012
WHY WOULD YOU ABANDON THIS STORY ON SUCH A CLIFF HANGER? *shakes fist* This story is so good! I love the character of Ty, he's just so awesomely out-of-the-loop with the WHO' .DADDY fact :D
Shelbs13 chapter 3 . 3/10/2012
Are you ever going to update or is this story dead? Please answer.