Reviews for Rhythm of My Heart
Josie chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
I enjoyed reading this. It took me back to my childhood, The nights when I would fall asleep to the melodies of classical music.

I will never forget that. My imagination would run wild. taking me into dreams of castles and fairy tale romances. I was always a hopeless romantic.

Perhaps in my nights I felt I could do anything, or be anywhere. Until the music was over and I woke up out of my soothing slumber. Perhaps Kent needed another cresendo to take him into what he needed to say? Perhaps the rise and fall gives false hopes, or uninteded courage.

When it's all over and done. The fairy tales prince is gone. Maybe so where his feelings of courage. :P

I think i think too hard.

FireEdge chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
Haha, took me a while to get to this. The list of fics to read is so long...

Anyway, when I saw this my first reaction was: "OMG! Band geeks unite!" D I love music. This was a really neat theme, too. It's a little hard to follow, but I just went with the musical prompts and all was good. I especially liked the ending. The whole bit with the players closing their cases really left an image in my mind. Poor Kent, though.

By the way, did you mean cornet rather than coronet? The first time I read that I was like: "A crown...? Or a trumpet? _" And yeah, I was one of those people who made the last noise at one of our band concerts once. It was bad. We were about to play the last note (in this super quiet, legato-y piece) and I squeaked. Coulda shot myself.
Xirysa chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
ADGHDLKSDG. Love this.

I am a bando at heart... I play French horn.

D'aww this made me smile. I really love your writing style.
Trevor X chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
Nicely paced, good use of musical vocabulary. Again, Kent finds a way to 'not' say what is on his heart. Failure 126 of all the ways to fail at speaking thy love.
sadal suud chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
[Dedicated to: All of the musically inclined Fire Emblem fans out there.]

*is musically inclined!* X3

This was an interesting experimental fic. The music nicely parallels Kent's feelings and such. Nice!
IceBlade28 chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Lol it's alright- that final line was like someone tripping at the end of a waltz. The cornet blat was left to the reader's imagination, and trust me, it happened. Smooth, Kent. Smooth. Wonderful use of musical terminology.
Absol Master chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
Canas: Your summary caught my eye. It's a very unusual summary, yet very accurate, summarising the essence of the whole story. Good job! The story was good as well, and I could not help but be amused by the ending.

Erk: As always, there were no spelling, punctuation or grammatical errors. My job is a total bore.

Serra: Cum on$ Erky,.?- Chier arp/[!

Raven: It was...boring. Yes, boring. What's all that music nonsense mean anyway?

Canas: Basically, they are musical directions, given to the musician to inform him of the style of performance-

Raven: Yeah, yeah, whatever.

Lucius: Lord Raymond, this fan fiction is beautiful! Clear and easy to understand! You must read it!

Marcus: So, anyway. Yes, this fan fiction was very clear. And very interesting too. Hm... I found the summary very interesting, and the content was well thought-out.

Matthew: Good job, overall. Except, do remember that it's only those musically inclined readers who will understand and fully enjoy this piece. Haha, now don't I sound like Oswin? I'm covering for him today!

Hector: Get back here, Matthew!
Edward Houshi chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
This fic was really incredible! I loved how you used all the musical terms, I thought only band geeks and chior kids knew them.

The 'blat' sound at the end was a cute idea, but I like this ending much better. If he had tripped and fallen on his face, or made some sort of mistake a 'blat' would be appropriate, but it was not thus.

Great job! It's so nice to hear from you again!
dont look at me you will die chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
I loved how you described the music (forte, pianissimo, legato, and all that). Reminds me of when I played in my school's orchestra. It does feel really quiet after you've played a piece (no wonder Kent felt awkward). I think he wanted to confess to her because the music made him confident. Anyways, great story!
Talren chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
Music eh? Being a violinist myself, I found the work rather intresting. Now, one thing that would make the story flow better would be to move the setences that begin with a musical term and give them their own line, for example:

[Accelerando, the tempo picks up, and so do his feet as the violins and cellos join together. Maestoso, louder and majestic in nature, he feels nothing but confident.]

If that each sentence was broken up into individual lines, it would draw more attention to the changes in the music instead of being lost in a jumble of what happens.

And now time to nitpick a few points:

[As his feet bring him closer, the music swells to a crescendo,...]

I suppose you can say something swells to a crescendo, but a crescendo IS a swelling of sound, so its a tad ackward, perphaps forte or something would be more fitting?

[His face reddens in his embarrassment as the instruments are laid inside of their plush cases and sheet music is pulled from the stands.]

In a professional orchestra, the musicians would file out off the stage to another room to pack up their insturments. From that sentence, it makes it appear as though they pack their insturments in the same room of the performance.

Oh, a coronet blat WOULD be rather amusing at the end, or maybe even a tuba.
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
It was quite amusing... Except I'll have to polish up on my musical knowledge a bit. It's a good read!