Reviews for Shall We Dance?
Yuuki-Kuran of the Knight chapter 3 . 4/24/2010
I loved it :)
clevergirl chapter 3 . 12/5/2008
I love your spare, clean style - it really reflects the writing of the show itself, and your interp of Gene is one of the best I've read. A small thing, but I REALLY appreciate how you haven't written his lines with dropped 'aitches', etc. WAY too many A2Afics, I've found, turn him into a Cockney, which of course The Manc Lion isn't. I can hear his voice very clearly in your work, and you have a great sense of his deft, salty wit and biting turn of phrase. I also like the fact that you leave enough to our imagination with the eroticism - again very reminiscent of what the show is like; personally I feel that less is often more when it comes to the smut! I really look forward to reading more of your stories; thank you for the great read!
leakybiro chapter 3 . 7/13/2008
The was brilliant, can't believe I missed it until now. You've done the characters justice and there are some wonderful one liners.
Lady S. Quattro chapter 3 . 6/19/2008
Aw! I really liked this, they stayed in character, and you managed to make MY breath catch in my throat a few times! Keep up the good work :D
PhantomSpannah chapter 3 . 4/22/2008
aww that was cute - really nice - a good ending to a brill fic!

now - write more!
Siggy chapter 3 . 4/22/2008
Ah, fret not - that was perfect in every way. I think you really caught the characters and the problems they would face if anything did ever happen between them.

Well done and I look forward to future fics from you.
Bolls chapter 3 . 4/22/2008
I loved it- from start to finish.

I really enjoyed it.
wombledon chapter 3 . 4/21/2008
Phew! 'Course it'll work out! Glad they got their happy-ever-after ending. Great stuff.
drakehuntfan chapter 3 . 4/21/2008
oh i was all worried there for a minute!

but hurrah!

nice work :)
allofmyheart chapter 3 . 4/21/2008
You're right, it is difficult to make this a realistic relationship, but this is probably the most believable attempt I've read. You are *good*! Good at the characters. Love the details too. e.g the dresses!
gally1 chapter 3 . 4/21/2008
Argh! Very plausible and very good, just not long enough! Loved it, loved it, loved it.

X
Gem6 chapter 3 . 4/21/2008
31 reviews for a three chapter story, I'd say that was incredibly sucessful!

Loved it, perfect ending!

Gem x
FirstDraft chapter 3 . 4/21/2008
The end? Not! It can't possibly be! It's just the beginning! _

I really liked the second part of this chapter but I have to confess I don't think the first part worked. Gene's behaviour didn't entirely make sense to me - it felt like it came out of nowhere. I think the morning after would definitely be very difficult and I can absolutely see it degenerate into a big argument, but even for Gene, that was fast work. :-)

And because his reaction didn't entirely work, I didn't understand why Alex should feel that SHE had pushed him away. He's the one who refused to talk and made lots of rather unpleasant remarks. I really felt like he should have apologised for that. Interestingly, the fact that's how it reacted is another potential stumbling block for them, because I think it would be difficult to be in a relationship with someone who the kind of communication issues that Gene has.
Kitty Foyle chapter 3 . 4/21/2008
Wow, really well done and you wrapped it up nicely too! It was a shocker to behave like that at the hotel but so typical of his character to do it...

Amazingly well done, if you don't write for a living you SHOULD!

Kitty

(fellow Railways arms member!)
clownish chapter 3 . 4/21/2008
Nice wrap up - i think it works. Fun story overall!