Reviews for Manifest Destiny
MDI chapter 5 . 6/8/2008
Wow, this goes really deep. Still, I think it's hard to follow, and I myself only understand half of what you written here, but your word choice is excellent, so is the idea behind this fic. Except from the vagueness, this really is brilliant. Great job :-)
Achalys chapter 4 . 6/5/2008
oh, I'd be so mad if I were Toph! DX

Really great!
Reincarnated chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
You word choice is so amazing. It alters everything about this story, like accents and dynamics in music. Every sentence seems to light a world of new possibilities, characters, minds.

As thrilling as I have found this, I think it is seriously lacking in organization; because as beautiful and dark as this was, with the format and the lack of a clear, precise storyline, with no specific was really hard to follow, to finish.

As I was reading, I would begin to feel lost. It was too much work to follow. Then I would read something that drew me in again, but I had already skipped over so much. There is a lot brilliance in this work, but I think your readers are only drinking in about half of what you've written because of this vagueness.

I love how you took Koh the Face Stealer, a small character who has had his influences on the Avatar world in the past, and brought him out as if he has been weaving dark threads of poison into the story all along and it's only just begin to show. It's simply brilliant.

Unlike most fanfiction, this is a stroke of rich creativity and doesn't leach off of past storylines, or overused ideas. I love the small hints of how things are for the characters we love now, because it leaves so much to your imagination. (You: what, am I being told to be more clear or more vague? Me: :) )

There are so many small stories here! I can't wait to see what else you have written.

Well done!
AStormIsBrewing chapter 4 . 6/2/2008
Wow. Pretty amazing. I've seen a lot of theories like this, but I have no idea where they came from.

Yours is incredible.
sTitchEd016 chapter 4 . 6/2/2008
OMG! emo Aang! so cool! i liked the 3rd chapter the best! hope 2 read more soon!
peach and plum chapter 3 . 5/26/2008
WOW that's all I can say. That was amazing. You are a really good writer. I could feel the passion, the anger, the sadness. Aghain all I can say about this is WOW.

please update soon
Achalys chapter 3 . 5/18/2008
Oh, that gave me shivers up and down my spine!

MAJOR thumbs up!
The Last Firebender chapter 3 . 5/17/2008
TwilightG chapter 3 . 5/17/2008
gr... evil BUG!
TwilightG chapter 2 . 5/16/2008
I am confused with some of it... but I did like it. sad and depressing, but intriguing.
Forlorn Maiden chapter 2 . 5/10/2008
Aww I wished you continued. It's a very lovely piece. Actually lovely is an understatement, but I don't know how to describe it.
Waffled Flambe chapter 2 . 5/1/2008
This is the type of plot bunny that has interested me for a while now - what if there was an evil Avatar? I don't think I could come up with the words to express how much this story has intrigued me. The fact that Aang's no longer technically the Avatar is even more interesting.

And of course, Aang's descent into madness was caused by the thievery of Toph's face. Taangness FTW!

It'll be interesting to see how Aang reacts to seeing this new Avatar. Will she remind him of Katara and all his old friends?

The only critique I have is the fact that you tend to write every sentence on a separate line. Maybe it's just my preferred writing style, but I think it would be best to try to group them together more, reserving that style for lines that you really want to stand out or are especially dramatic. :)

Really chilling story. It makes you appreciate what happens when you push a person too far. Update soon! (You are continuing, right?)
sTitchEd016 chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
oh...dark and like...muahahahaha!
Black-Dragon1003 chapter 2 . 4/15/2008
Wow...that was beautiful...and creepy...haunting...delicious...

At first I was a little confused, unsure of where things were coming from...but I understood, I understand...and all I can say is wow.

Amazing job.

aka Nala-chan
The Last Firebender chapter 2 . 4/15/2008
OMG. You're a genius. I have always wondered how it would be if Aang turned bad.

Great Story. You HAVE to write more toph-aang-