Reviews for Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
Guest chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
Yes I completely agree there needs to be fanfic for the company of wolves. Enjoyed ur story as well.
reviewer chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
This was amazing, you captured their characterisation perfectly. However I would have to agree with the previous reviewer that this would be better suited to the movie section, I only came across it by chance.
What-the-Wood-Thrush-Knows chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
I came across this story a year or two ago and bookmarked it. Returning to it now, it's every bit as evocative and haunting as it was then.

Fanfic inspired by this movie is a rare treat indeed, which is surprising considering that it's such a cult classic. Your variation on the tale is exactly how I'd envision a more adult version of the movie playing out. Both of your characters hit all the right notes; you gracefully walk the subtle divide between Rosaleen's innocence and jaded feminism and the wolf's human refinement and animal instinct. The contrast is riveting, and so is the mix of sensuality, wit, and horror that you capture just as perfectly as the movie did.

I wish so very much that this wasn't just a one-shot or that you would write more fic for Company of Wolves! You could be a pioneer since COW is so neglected on this site! Please think about it. You would have at least one very eager reader (me!), and I think you might be pleasantly surprised at how many fans of COW you would attract if you published under "Movies" instead of "Books." (Yes, I know the movie was based on a story, but my guess is that most people are more familiar with the movie.)
IFoundHopeInYourHateForMe chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
I love the movie "Company of Wolves" and I love your fanfic. Not many people write anything based off the movie...I love the twist of Rosaleen making the huntsman into a furcoat.
aislin94 chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
wow

freaky

me likey-
crazysmile15 chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
WOW, that was fucked up! But a very interesting view on Little red riding hood! XD
Monki-Neko chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
This is a very interesting version of Little Red Riding Hood.
A Road Unturning chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
I myself, am a huge fan of Angela Carter, and her evocative work, the Bloody Chamber. I have recently become interested in this film, only just ordered it 10 minutes ago, and was delighted to find a story inspired by it.

This was strange, sensual, tasteful and clever, holding within it great characterisation and a real feel for the mood of both the book and film. The assertiveness yet innoccene of Rosaline was captured perfectly, whilst the dangerous allure of the Huntsmen was almost tangiable. Your simple narrative worked wonders, and it really gave out the almost claustiphobic feel of that fairytale world explored in the film. Beautiful and unique take on this relationship. Loved it, though I won't be reading it again in a hurry, hence the fairly disturbing motif.