Reviews for The Hidden Life of Morino Ibiki
SanctuaryoftheDead chapter 110 . 7/7
I decided to say fuck it and check on this story at 2am after at least a year of not looking at it and god, I can’t tell you how happy I am to see an update. I’ve read this doc at least 3 times in full! I wish there were more Ibiki fics but only if they portrayed him as amazingly as you do!
amber-was-here130 chapter 1 . 5/23
So i enjoy this fanfic greatly, the plot is great the characters arr great i do feel you are doing the Naruto characters justice. But I cant help but feel theyre relationship isn't very equal or honestly
Healthy at certain points.
A sub in a standard S&M relationship typically has all the power, they have the ability to say 'No' and that doesnt just equate to sex... but in life as well.
But here ibiki has ALL of the power he is judge, jury, and executioner and only allows Ayumu control when HE wants it to be so. She does something wrong he is allowed to punish and correct such behavior, and Ayumu always forgives him wiyhin moments in my opinion, Ibiki allowed a perverse invasion of her privacy without her knowledge or agreement. Then when he was caught, he wasn't truly apologetic everytime Ayumu does what any woman would do when her man goes to far and does something. It is viewed by Ibiki and Kakashi as cute, glorious, and beautiful, not i made a mistake and need to do better. Ayumu is expected to better herself and trust ibiki 100% and submit ti him when she is wrong, but to Ibiki in my opinion doesnt respect Ayumu enough to actully listen to her when she is in the right.
Ibiki HEARS what Ayumu is saying but it really to me doesnt seem like he is actually LISTENING to what she, he comes across to me during these moments as patronizing.
Ibiki doesn't listen to what Ayumu is saying because she hasnt actully punished him when he is in the wrong, she forgives him almost immediately after he has done some fast talking.
I love your OC Ayumu she speaks to all women i feel in various ways, whether physically, mentally, or emotionally, i feel anyone reading this fic can relate to her.
I love your fic pleade keep updating.
With love
Amber
cathyscloud9 chapter 110 . 5/21
Omg so happy to see an update. Excellent chapter!
YAY chapter 110 . 5/14
IM SO GLAD YOU UPDATED. I READ THE CHAPTER SUPER FAST AND NOW IM OFF TO REREAD THIS STORY CAUSE I ADORE AYUMI AND IBIKI GREAT UPDATE AND HOPEFULLY YOU CAN UPDATE SOON!
Bunnie.863 chapter 110 . 5/15
btw you have me so confused about Gai! whats he after, whats his angle?! and im guessing its kakashi that helps her at the end of the chapter?
AkiJay chapter 108 . 5/14
Ugh, yes finally!
Bunnie.863 chapter 1 . 5/14
i missed this story! i LOVE it sooooo much and am so excited that you updated! another amazing chapter as usual. keep up the awesome work!
B Davis chapter 109 . 5/8
I can honestly say that this has been THE BEST thing I have ever read. Your writing style is both intelligent and enthralling. I’ve been so captivated in this story that I let out a real genuine wail of despair when I came to the last page and am sincerely heartbroken that there isn’t more to read.
Guest chapter 109 . 6/24/2017
Kakashi you piece of shit...love her or not. She's engaged to ibiki AND pregnant with his child.
wajagirlliz chapter 109 . 6/23/2017
This is the best Naruto fanfiction I have ever read by far. I just binge read your entire story in 4 days and I cannot wait to read more! Your character development with Ayumu and Ibiki is fantastic and their interactions are priceless. Plus their sexy times are smexy! Have fun writing and I can't wait to see what will happen between Ibiki and Kakashi regarding poor Ayumu.
harmony1994 chapter 109 . 5/23/2017
Love the story hope there's going to be more
Toreh chapter 109 . 4/7/2017
Where did you go? You've truly done phenomenal work on this. This has been the first and I'm sure best Ibiki fic I've read. It has its flaws here and there, but it has been an absolute pleasure to read. I hope you come back to it some day.
AkiJay chapter 1 . 4/6/2017
Dear god.
It's now the fifth time I have read this and let me tell you, as a fan of OC characters with Naruto character this is by far one of the best and well thought out stories I have read... and I have read a lot of them and spent hours upon hours and years reading these things - guilty pleasure here

Thank you, for taking such and underrated character and giving him the spot light he deserves and thank you for adding more depth to not only Ibiki but Kakashi, Genma etc. that is relatable but also believable

Please come back. I miss this
Lord of the 13 hells chapter 90 . 3/25/2017
Okay so I've let a lot of Ibikis' shit slide over the course of 90 chapters but this is utter fucking Bullshit!
He practically emotionally RAPED her, it was done without her consent, or knowledge, she trusts him, HE LITERALLY JUST PROPOSED TO HER! She shouldn't need to be worried that he'll do something like this. Not to mention that NOT ONCE while she was telling them how what they'd done made her emotionally DISTRAUGHT, did either of them think that maybe they were in the wrong or maybe, just maybe, they took things too far. No they were both thinking about how they could turn her emotional breakdown to their own advantage.

AND SHE FUCKING FORGIVES HIM IN LIKE HALF A PARAGRAPH!

She was furious and hurt and somewhat frightened and suddenly she wasn't. Honestly her emotions are treated like they're not important, I mean sometimes they come back as insecurities, but usually only so Ibiki can 'fix' them. He doesn't give her space when she asks for he, he FORCES her to stay until she agrees with HIS side, he almost never apologises, at least not sincerely, and he almost always condescending towards her even when shes is being sincere in her emotions.
I love this story but honestly their relationship is looking more and more abusive.

He needs to know that enough is enough, she needs to tell him that she wont take it (and on that subject, he can tell her when she goes too far and PUNISH HER FOR THAT but she can't? What. The. Fuck). She shouldn't be in a relationship were she can't trust her significant other, she needs to take a break from him, to show him she wont be USED like that, yes it will be hell on them both but, he needs to know that there are lines he can't cross, and that there are consequences (or there should be but apparently she's okay with being a piece of fuck meat with no emotional or psychological control other than what he gives her). But hey, it's so fucking romantic isn't it, the poor tortured nin using, manipulating and controlling the emotionally delicate civilian girl.

Again love the story (most of the time) but dude, seriously he get away with FAR too much and the power balance in this relationship is seriously skewed (and not in a sexy BDSM funtimes kinda way either)
Guest chapter 109 . 2/20/2017
Ok, I knew I took a chance to read this epically long unfinished story. And I won't lie..this story is one of the best that I have read. I am hoping that somehow, someway you come back to finish this story. Please let us know that you are alive and hopefully planning to continue on.