Reviews for Never Quite Normal
Laura6561 chapter 21 . 11/11
If the Doctor was human... I agree, he would be an alcoholic.
Laura6561 chapter 6 . 11/10
Wonderful disclaimers.
Laura6561 chapter 5 . 11/10
Loving this!
Drummer chapter 1 . 7/26
Imagine: John Smith doesn't exist. John Smith has never existed. He is only an alias used by a man that can appear in any time and can change his face.

In summary: minds will be blown
Summer Leah chapter 28 . 7/10
Oh dear. Poor Bill the shrink.
Summer Leah chapter 27 . 7/10
OK, that was hilarious. Something shocking, indeed!
Stormbringer246 chapter 48 . 6/23
This. This is all I ever wanted in a fic and more. It had ridiculous romance that overcomes all odds. It has personal struggles. It has explosions. It has humor. It has sad depressing points of reality. And I loved every moment of it. This was such a well crafted story. I love how it started from what seemed to be simple, into the subtle inclusion of aliens. The love and effort that went into this shows through in every chapter. The fact that I could binge read this and go, "wait, I've been clicking through chapters?" is a testament to your (combined) seamless writing style. I loved every word of this. Thank you.
Magemaster chapter 48 . 6/20
I loved this fic! It is one of the BEST stories I have ever had the pleasure of reading. It's funny with just the right amount of romance, angst, and drama.
genniebean chapter 48 . 4/21
Thank you! Loved this story it was certainly hard to put down. Wishing for more in terms of sequel, I want to see the transition back to The Doctor so badly! In any case, my imagination was captured by this, thanks for the ride!
EmeraldSoleil chapter 48 . 11/8/2014
This fic is brilliant! I don't normally go in for AU or human!Doctor fic, so I'm doubly glad I decided to read this one (until six in the morning, I might add). Lovely writing, pacing, character development, etc. Can't wait to start on the sequel!
NabikiB chapter 17 . 10/6/2014
One thing he never did understand until it was far too late, is that when a human female loves, she gives not her heart, but her soul...nevermore shall it be in her own keeping again: It's just the way we are.
NabikiB chapter 14 . 10/6/2014
I think Rose is Jewish...or at least half. It does happen, my ex was half and raised Christian. Jackie's whinging could definitely make you wonder.
NabikiB chapter 8 . 10/6/2014
This is fine to a point, but I don't really care for human Doctors. He's BORING when human.
NabikiB chapter 3 . 10/6/2014
Chocolate's okay, I guess...and I've been a human female, as far as I know, since the Day I was born, almost 52 years ago...but my candy of choice is Divinity. Light and fluffy, divinity is a classic! It's also a bit tempermental when the weather is hot and humid, so it is best to attempt divinity in low-humidity conditions.

3 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
2/3 cup warm water
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract (or other flavor of your choice)
1 cup chopped nuts of your choice (optional)

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes

Total Time: 50 minutes

1. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Combine the sugar, corn syrup and water in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves. Continue cooking without stirring until the mixture reaches 250 degrees, firm-ball stage.

3. Beat the egg whites in the bowl of a large standing mixture until stiff peaks form. Slowly pour about half of the sugar syrup into the egg whites, beating constantly.

4. Continue to cook the remaining syrup until it reaches 270 degrees, soft-crack stage.

5. Stream the remaining syrup mixture into the egg whites while the mixer is running. Continue to beat until the candy is thick, shiny and holds its shape.

6. Mix in extract and nuts until fully incorporated.

7. Drop by the teaspoonful onto cookie sheet, and let it cool until full set.
LittleMissAbigail chapter 48 . 9/8/2014
This was brilliant. Utterly fantastic. I blame you for my lack of sleep and unfinished homework. Thank you so much for sharing!