Reviews for Never Quite Normal
EmeraldSoleil chapter 48 . 11/8/2014
This fic is brilliant! I don't normally go in for AU or human!Doctor fic, so I'm doubly glad I decided to read this one (until six in the morning, I might add). Lovely writing, pacing, character development, etc. Can't wait to start on the sequel!
NabikiB chapter 17 . 10/6/2014
One thing he never did understand until it was far too late, is that when a human female loves, she gives not her heart, but her soul...nevermore shall it be in her own keeping again: It's just the way we are.
NabikiB chapter 14 . 10/6/2014
I think Rose is Jewish...or at least half. It does happen, my ex was half and raised Christian. Jackie's whinging could definitely make you wonder.
NabikiB chapter 8 . 10/6/2014
This is fine to a point, but I don't really care for human Doctors. He's BORING when human.
NabikiB chapter 3 . 10/6/2014
Chocolate's okay, I guess...and I've been a human female, as far as I know, since the Day I was born, almost 52 years ago...but my candy of choice is Divinity. Light and fluffy, divinity is a classic! It's also a bit tempermental when the weather is hot and humid, so it is best to attempt divinity in low-humidity conditions.

Ingredients

3 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
2/3 cup warm water
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract (or other flavor of your choice)
1 cup chopped nuts of your choice (optional)

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes

Total Time: 50 minutes

Preparation

1. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Combine the sugar, corn syrup and water in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves. Continue cooking without stirring until the mixture reaches 250 degrees, firm-ball stage.

3. Beat the egg whites in the bowl of a large standing mixture until stiff peaks form. Slowly pour about half of the sugar syrup into the egg whites, beating constantly.

4. Continue to cook the remaining syrup until it reaches 270 degrees, soft-crack stage.

5. Stream the remaining syrup mixture into the egg whites while the mixer is running. Continue to beat until the candy is thick, shiny and holds its shape.

6. Mix in extract and nuts until fully incorporated.

7. Drop by the teaspoonful onto cookie sheet, and let it cool until full set.
LittleMissAbigail chapter 48 . 9/8/2014
This was brilliant. Utterly fantastic. I blame you for my lack of sleep and unfinished homework. Thank you so much for sharing!
PhoenixVersion1 chapter 48 . 6/22/2014
Absolutely fantastic!
Thrae Elddim chapter 48 . 6/10/2014
This has been possibly the only literary venture through rehab I've ever enjoyed. The Doctor, aliens and the Merry Men helped it along, I suppose. :P Thanks for sharing this, it was an absolute thrill in every way. Is there or will there be a sequel? I hope so.
fieldsoffebruary chapter 48 . 5/28/2014
Well, I must say that I enjoyed this fic. Sometimes, fics this long have a trouble with pacing, but it was just right here. Though, I absolutely cannot wait for the Doctor to finally show.

Also, love what you did with the minor characters.
dawnknits chapter 48 . 5/14/2014
Wonderfully done! Each time a story completed, I worried it would go to long and get tedious. The opposite was true-the mark of a good series. I'm looking forward to beginning the next.
Marion Hood chapter 48 . 4/5/2014
Loved it!
LittleZebragus chapter 3 . 3/25/2014
I'm loving this very much. However, I feel bad for Mickey. Poor dude.
jenn008 chapter 48 . 2/19/2014
Love it!
KathyD chapter 48 . 2/2/2014
That was brilliant! I loved it & I will be going to go read the sequel
misuky7 chapter 48 . 1/21/2014
This was absolutely unmistakeably brilliant. Fangtastic this story was. As sad as it is to think of the Doctor with PTSD, with all the war he's seen I would be surprised if he didn't. And blowing up a hospital was marvelous. I adore your work. :3