Reviews for Never Quite Normal
mistress H chapter 47 . 3/11/2009
I've got no complaints, your story is great. I wonder if Rose noticed that she was talking to the Doctor? Are you going to write about that? Any which way it goes, I can't wait to read it.
OtherMeWriter chapter 47 . 3/11/2009
I just can't put into words properly how much I ADORE this fic. I LOVE your Doris and the interactions between her and Alistair are beautiful and I so very believable.

The smirky Doctor was just too cute and the interaction between the Joshua and Rose endearing. The internal dialog by Rose about his reaction to her aging was adorable and so VERY, VERY like something the Doctor would say.
TardisIsTheOnlyWayToTravel chapter 47 . 3/11/2009
Aw.

It was interesting to see Doctor-Doctor and Rose meet for the first time, as opposed to Joshua-Doctor.
Lan chapter 47 . 3/11/2009
As much as I love the way the story is now, I can't help but think "but when will the Autons guys show up at Rose's job?" I imagine sometime around then the Doctor's going to reemerge. Although I suppose... Joshua basically knows everything the Doctor knows in order to fight most of the bad guys for a while before he might need the TARDIS...

I guess I'm just interested in what's going to happen when Rose finds out that Joshua is just a facet of the Doctor.
Cat Yuy chapter 47 . 3/11/2009
I love Doris.
cordelia-lear chapter 47 . 3/11/2009
The stars burned down their endless silent contemplation on a quiet house. Beneath them, a small blue box sat, still for the first time in ages, humming a contented old lullaby back to the boundless heavens.

That last sentence? Wow. Also, Hurray! I missed the TARDIS.

I really want to watch old school who. I'm missing so much richness of character when I only get the new who.

So, the Doctor with Rose is something I need to address, because I don't think I did the first time he came 'round when she was present (sleeping, but present). I love the way he is with her. He's a little more "mushy" than Joshua, and I like the slight difference between the two of them. Very sweet.

Oh, and to the disclaimer: it could be worse, he could be playing "The Song that Never Ends" (try to get it out of your head, now. I dare you)
capemaynuts chapter 47 . 3/11/2009
When will the Doctor/Joshua realize that he doesn't attract trouble, but rather he instinctively goes to where trouble is already brewing? Anyway, another great chapter! Keep em coming!
NewDrWhoFan chapter 47 . 3/11/2009
Ooh, it's getting tricky. We've seen the "John Smith" scenario, reluctant to open the watch... what will the Doctor do? And when's he gonna tell Rose? :)
123-321 chapter 47 . 3/11/2009
AWW i love how he keeps saying he is gona need therapy XD

i love the family dynamic! it is funny and cute all at once. i am loving this story, and i wait for the update every week impatiently!

can't wait to read more!
blvdgirl chapter 47 . 3/11/2009
Like the line "he finally found a reason to let the stars burn alone" and the last little paragraph very much... So... When will Rose find out about the Doctor?
AFantasticRose chapter 46 . 3/8/2009
The first bit of this was so sweet, and I love how its balance between seriousness and bouts of tickling silliness. It’s very them. And it seems that some things like his native language are coming to the forefront when his guard is down.

Yay! He finally got his well-deserved sleep!

One thing about this chapter that stuck out was Roses comparisons at the end. Comparing Joshua to Jimmy, and how well Joshua treated her as well as loved her. And also how she understood that domestic could be fine as long as it is with the right person. It’s a new take on the Doctor's constant 'I don't do domestic' speeches. I hope we get Joshua’s thought's on that topic soon enough.

This all happening in one weekend does make it feel like some kind of dream. I hope it lasts after Rose goes home and reality sets in. I can't wait until there together next to see their new dynamic.
Autumnevening chapter 46 . 3/5/2009
Wow. Yeah, it's taken me a while to recover from the amazingness that was the last chapter (did I comment on the choral rose and the chapter before? I can't remember, it's supposed to mean desire, so red for love and passion, and choral for desire/passion. All the chapters are beautiful though. I think I've only ever seen with any flaws, and I'm a very critical reader.). This last chapter was beautiful, and funny (and hot-closed it out of the window at work about three seconds after I opened it, lol), and poiniant. The ending of the chapter was especially poiniant. To me it spoke of someone really being in love, which I always thought in-canon Rose was. I'm interested to see how the Doctor will respond to this developement, and when you'll bring him around. I look forward to wherever you guys take this story.
mistress H chapter 46 . 3/5/2009
I love reading your updates. Your story rocks and I love how romantic it is. You definitly have a romantic vibe. I can't wait to read when the Doctor finally faces his past and decides to remember. This the best amnesia nine story ever!
Doro.neko chapter 46 . 3/5/2009
This chapter WINS in terms of pure "Aw, adorable!"ness.

It's so nice that they get to have a weekend just for themselves. You know, before the next alien attack, or before the Doctor reappears, or whatever.

(Poor Jackie. She always knew Joshua'd corrupt her daughter, but she probably never thought it would involve Scrabble...)
FrostyDream chapter 46 . 3/4/2009