Reviews for Never Quite Normal
blvdgirl chapter 47 . 3/11/2009
Like the line "he finally found a reason to let the stars burn alone" and the last little paragraph very much... So... When will Rose find out about the Doctor?
AFantasticRose chapter 46 . 3/8/2009
The first bit of this was so sweet, and I love how its balance between seriousness and bouts of tickling silliness. It’s very them. And it seems that some things like his native language are coming to the forefront when his guard is down.

Yay! He finally got his well-deserved sleep!

One thing about this chapter that stuck out was Roses comparisons at the end. Comparing Joshua to Jimmy, and how well Joshua treated her as well as loved her. And also how she understood that domestic could be fine as long as it is with the right person. It’s a new take on the Doctor's constant 'I don't do domestic' speeches. I hope we get Joshua’s thought's on that topic soon enough.

This all happening in one weekend does make it feel like some kind of dream. I hope it lasts after Rose goes home and reality sets in. I can't wait until there together next to see their new dynamic.
Autumnevening chapter 46 . 3/5/2009
Wow. Yeah, it's taken me a while to recover from the amazingness that was the last chapter (did I comment on the choral rose and the chapter before? I can't remember, it's supposed to mean desire, so red for love and passion, and choral for desire/passion. All the chapters are beautiful though. I think I've only ever seen with any flaws, and I'm a very critical reader.). This last chapter was beautiful, and funny (and hot-closed it out of the window at work about three seconds after I opened it, lol), and poiniant. The ending of the chapter was especially poiniant. To me it spoke of someone really being in love, which I always thought in-canon Rose was. I'm interested to see how the Doctor will respond to this developement, and when you'll bring him around. I look forward to wherever you guys take this story.
mistress H chapter 46 . 3/5/2009
I love reading your updates. Your story rocks and I love how romantic it is. You definitly have a romantic vibe. I can't wait to read when the Doctor finally faces his past and decides to remember. This the best amnesia nine story ever!
Doro.neko chapter 46 . 3/5/2009
This chapter WINS in terms of pure "Aw, adorable!"ness.

It's so nice that they get to have a weekend just for themselves. You know, before the next alien attack, or before the Doctor reappears, or whatever.

(Poor Jackie. She always knew Joshua'd corrupt her daughter, but she probably never thought it would involve Scrabble...)
FrostyDream chapter 46 . 3/4/2009
I LOVE THIS
SilverWolf7 chapter 46 . 3/4/2009
*cough* I hate saying it, I really do, but...I found this chapter completely boring.
Terrifica Oneiroi chapter 46 . 3/4/2009
Oh! Welcome to the happy montage section! It's fluffy and warm and everything good about them. This is where everything looks like it's going to be perfect, and it seems like nothing can touch them. Of course, it's usually after this when something dramatic happens and threatens their perfect weekend. We love this kind of interaction, but at the same time, that little voice in the back of our heads asks how long it can really last.

However, with you guys at the helm, I know that I'll absolutely love whatever happens, and I trust that you'll make it real and honest. I'm particularly interested in seeing how Joshua and Rose are when they argue. I mean, we see how Rose and the Doctor are, but does being human make it different? It's kind of strange, but I think that arguments define a relationship just as much as these deliriously happy days do. :D

As always, I'll be keeping an eye on my inbox! -Terri
OMG My Library's On Fire chapter 46 . 3/4/2009
Your trying to kill me! Brothers name Joshua, my middle name is Rose(It's all my nan will call me) Very graphic sex! I love a good sex scene but I don't wanna be left scared!
Isis the Sphinx chapter 46 . 3/4/2009
Nah, ya didn't offend me. These two are in a certain type of love that I can only dream of having. It's needed for the story, if nothing else.

What I did glimpse as I was scrolling down will make whoever the heck I marry a very happy man.

Now that I think about about, if/when Rose discovers Joshua's an alien, I don't think she'll care after this point.

Nicely written, Keep writing!

P.S. Funny thing at the beginning in bold, was that Six?
cordelia-lear chapter 46 . 3/4/2009
There is so much to love in this chapter, I'd be here forever talking about it, but I'll just pick my favorite bit: the rain. I'm one of those people who loves the rain, and the atmosphere of sitting around playing Scrabble while it rains? Gosh this story is beautiful.

But, I'm a bit of a pessimist, so I keep waiting for something bad to happen... Maybe it won't?

Joshua is very happy right now, so that makes me wonder about the state of the Doctor. He was hiding out until he could handle everything, right?

I know you've made your stance about the physical relationship between Joshua and Rose as it pertains to the Doctor known, and that it shouldn't effect anything, but Joshua is still a bit John Smithish, isn't he? Will he fade away, or is this truly the Doctor minus some memories?

Wonderful chapter.
NewDrWhoFan chapter 46 . 3/4/2009
Yes, I'm still here... I'm skimming a lot, but I'm still here ;)

Lovin' it, especially Rose's realizations and the foreshadowing (right?) of getting back to the TARDIS :)
Vallora chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
[sigh] Awe. That was... well... that just was. The beginning of, what they hope probably, will be the rest of their lives now that they've found each other and gotten over some hurdles.

And now I'm just waiting for the mountain to start falling.

As much as I LOVE this little time for them, you know it just wont stay this calm. And if not now, then there is always the built in 2 years, but this is the Doctor, it's going to happen long before that. I'm just hoping it will all turn out ok in the end. But it's the journey to get there that keeps me reading to find out.

Wonderful chapter, you two. And Jessa, hope you're warm again.
Battlefield Angel chapter 46 . 3/4/2009
So many different words I could think of to describe my reaction to this chapter and it's immediate predecessor and not a single one seems adequate, except maybe the phrase "it's about bloody time!"

Did notice one little spelling/grammar glitch- which is odd considering how careful you always are... the dreaded your/you're... First time ever I've noticed one in a Jessa story... but considering that spellcheck usually misses those darn things, and even tries to correct something that is always correct (glowers darkly at various spelling/grammar programs), it's not a big deal. Excuse me, I have to go fight with google documents in Welsh.

Warmest regards, as always,

K.S.
luna andie chapter 46 . 3/4/2009
I love the flexibleness of domestic.

Joshua and Rose are beyond awesome now that they are back together.

I could totally see Joshua being a teacher.

Looking forward to more, as usual.
806 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »