Reviews for Never Quite Normal
Isis the Sphinx chapter 44 . 2/20/2009
Damnit man, just get it over with!

*cackles* Aw...very sweet. Now, what are you gonna do about the problem with Joshua actually being the Doctor. We know he likes her just as much as Joshua does, so there's no problem there, but still...

Keep writing!
no one chapter 44 . 2/18/2009
:D
Doro.neko chapter 44 . 2/18/2009
"Nothing," Joshua blurted out, then, even faster, "nothing special. "

He...

Also aww.

It's absolutely perfect!

With the flowers, and the adorableness, and the cooking, and the kisses!

And... Joshua still doesn't know he's the Doctor. That's all going to get worked out, right? In such a way as not to break Rose's and/or Joshua's heart(s)?
SilverWolf7 chapter 44 . 2/18/2009
One thing I didn't like about this chapter: the roses he sent. I think, with her name being Rose and all, that he'd come up with something other than a bouquet of her namesake.

And now I think I actually like Bill O_o the mind boggles :P
no one chapter 7 . 2/18/2009
great ending to this chapter
x-EmilyTennant-x chapter 44 . 2/17/2009
*SQUE!* I love that last bit, it's so perfect! In fact, I love all of it! PLEASE pretty please update ASAP! :D
Generated Anomoly chapter 44 . 2/17/2009
another FANTASTIC chapter. Some lovely 'joshua' and rose fluff. I look forward to the next chapter!

Jenni
OtherMeWriter chapter 44 . 2/17/2009
okay yet another chapter I totally adore! His fussiness about what to do first and the deciding to keep the list. Then there was the pink and yellow Rose that was just so sweet I had to read that part twice and then the whole confrontation/not confrontation with both Mickey and Jackie. Just lovely lovely lovely! As always impatiently waiting for more.
zanthinegirl chapter 44 . 2/17/2009
Aw! A happy ending!

This is such a cute story. I've enjoyed it a lot. Interesting in a "might have been" kind of way too. I'm not usually an AU kind of girl, but this setting gave you a chance to explore parts of Joshua/9th Doctor's character and personality that otherwise lurk in the background. Lovely!
NewDrWhoFan chapter 44 . 2/17/2009
He's HOO-OME! :)

I love how you've hit the nail on the head with Joshua's expectations versus reality. Too many people strive for or shy away from stereotypes, instead of just living.
Jack Hawksmoor chapter 44 . 2/17/2009
(squee!)
Terrifica Oneiroi chapter 44 . 2/17/2009
Haha! I loved this chapter; it's got all sorts of moments that the Doctor never sees. For one, he never sticks around for the clean-up, or to think about what has to happen to the people being left behind in the mess. Talking to Bill and the Merry Men about what their futures hold is something the Doctor probably wouldn't do. He would be away in the TARDIS by then. Another bit that caught my eye was the massive preparation that Joshua went through for their first night together. The Doctor knows how to set the scene just as well as anybody, but I doubt he's ever had to do it the human way, with the florist, the dinner, et cet. He can take his companion to Women Wept and wow her with the frozen planet, but it's a bit harder to create that same feeling here on Earth. Also, it's funny how the Doctor has been reduced to the bashful boyfriend in Joshua. I think that it has to be completely Joshua driving him now, because the Doctor would be far out of his element.

Rose, sweet Rose, is just too cute. Stephenie may think that flowers are cliche, but that's exactly why it was adorable. Also, the last few lines reminded me of Westley with Buttercup. "Yes, Rose" is awfully close to "as you wish", isn't it? :) I hope you're not going to skip their "First Night" and go for the morning after opening, because I would be devastated. (Any chance to imagine Chris E. doing sinful things, really.)

As always, I'll be watching my inbox!

Terri
Autumnevening chapter 44 . 2/17/2009
First, half the fun of this is story is the ever changing disclaimer. Seriously, it's like the previews before a movie. Second, I have put plans in action to steal the essence of your genius, bottle it, and sell a fake bottle of it for lots of money while I keep the actual essence for myself. :D

This chapter was fantastic. I loved the transition and thought the avoidant/building tension was brilliant. I was wondering if you knew the symbolism behind the choral rose, beyond Rose. Well, I assume you do, and assuming you do, that was brilliant. I'm also assuming it then works as foreshadowing for the next chapter? I thought you had Rose's mum play a pretty low blow with an offer of a drink but it worked and definitely followed her character didn't it. Btw, I just want to say that you posted *during* my students' finals this time, and it almost killed me. Lol, I really enjoyed the lines "they blew up where I work, not my job," and "homicidal ideations can get you committed." The Merry Men bit was sweet and poignant.

Also, I have questions: what about the Doctor? Isn't Joshua tired? What about the *Doctor*? lol.

I look forward to the next chapter with baited breath.
E.Tphonehome chapter 44 . 2/17/2009
(chants) Wall!, wall!, wall!, wall!, wall!, wall!, wall!, wall!, wall!, wall!, wall!, wall!, wall!, LOL
Vallora chapter 44 . 2/17/2009
No, you can't stop it there. It was just getting to the good part. They're finally back together and... and... you just can't end it there. You must put up another chapter soon. You mustn't leave us hanging. PLEASE!

Ok, shameless begging aside, very good chapter. And it looks like another group has benefited from meeting the Doctor. Really can't wait for the next chapter (as if you couldn't tell).
790 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »