Reviews for Never Quite Normal
zanthinegirl chapter 41 . 1/27/2009
Wo-hoo- this story is turning out to be so much fun! I've enjoyed it since found you (on a link from LJ) for it's look at the ninth doctor in the immediate aftermath of the time war. Fascinating and believable "might-have-been". Now you go and turn it into a cracking adventure story!

Love the Doctor's talk with Joshua. Nicely done, and leads me to think this doc will be sticking around once he's back to himself.

Love John's chat with the Unit receptionist. Hee!

And adore the last bit with Joshua melting the aliens!
Generated Anomoly chapter 41 . 1/27/2009
GREAT chapter. I absolutly LOVE this story and i am always very happy when i get an email saying you've updated. Please post again soon!

Jenni
BarnOwlJareth chapter 41 . 1/27/2009
Whoo! I'd been waiting for Joshua to get a little more Doctory, and it happened in basically the best possible way! (Poor Doctor. I wish he was feeling better.)

"It was like being in an American film."

Pshaw. There weren't nearly enough superfluous explosions.

Now we just need to see how Bill reacts when he has time to process everything! Will he babble? I hope he babbles.
NewDrWhoFan chapter 41 . 1/27/2009
Oh, how I wish I could see Bill's face!

Nice little Doctor/Joshua dialogue :)
cordelia-lear chapter 41 . 1/27/2009
Woo-hoo! The pacing in this was wonderful! Loved the conversation between the Doctor and Jonathan.
Kathryn Shadow chapter 41 . 1/27/2009
BLAHH I'm sorry. Cliffhanger. ARGH. BLAA-AH. NOO-OO. BLAAH. ARGHH.

BLAA-AA-AA-HH.
Qualia Des chapter 41 . 1/27/2009
Woohoo~! Action! :D

And John Benton's phone conversation with the obviously newbie soldier was hilarious. XD

Keep up the awesome! :D
othermewriterearthlink.net chapter 41 . 1/27/2009
o what a yumy thing to wake up to! Love it Joshua Stewart in command. Almost as good a Doctor in control :)
Vallora chapter 41 . 1/27/2009
Action, Yay. Joshua finally kicks butt (with a pep talk from the Doctor). Poor messed up Bubbles. You almost feel sorry for her end. And now the next question (and chapter), what do the lizzards want? Something bad if the Doctor recognizes them.

And with "The Doctor" showing up, will that mean he'll be a bit more aware, or once Joshua shakes off the drugs, he'll go back into the background? And I just thought of something. Probably won't be answered (yet) but what does the Doctor think about Joshua heading toward Domestic?

Ok, ready for the next chapter. Next week (?) won't get here fast enough.
RuthieG chapter 41 . 1/27/2009
Surely you can't leave us waiting a week after that? LOL.

Great chapter, I am loving this story!
seren23 chapter 41 . 1/27/2009
Wow! Fantaastic chapter! I loved the meeting of Joshua and The Doctor. That was absolutely lovely to read. And poor Rose, there is never a train when you need it. I loved the modified Molotov cocktails, they worked perfectly. Cannot wait for more!
Terrifica Oneiroi chapter 41 . 1/27/2009
Wow. Oh, just... wow. I think this is one of my favorite chapters, too.

The delirious conversaion... it was just amazing. I love how it played out that Joshua has grown separate from the Doctor. At least, that's what I heard. The Doctor might not have made the same decision that Joshua did; in fact, he said as much. I like how Joshua was cognizant enough to know that if he was talking to The Doctor, it was probably a bad thing.

The line: "There's a sound now, in the silence. It's small, but it's there." was striking in the symbolism. I love the allusion to the one small bright spot of happiness that broke through the darkness in his life.

The Doctor realizes that Rose is beautiful, but he's not free enough to accept that knowing her is worth everything he fears, the death, the inevitable motion of time. Joshua knows that it's completely worth every bad moment after she's gone.

I also love the line: "She... she could be... everything." The Doctor smiles, but I don't think he understands yet. For him, it's still too much to accept that he can have that sort of love, the kind that eclipses everything with no limitations. Also, and I don't know if this is intentional, and I thought of it because I was reading ALH, but Joshua may be getting a tiny hint at Rose's destiny. She, at one particular moment in her life (and his), literally could be everything.

I'm almost sad that the Doctor can't quite feel that sense of rightness as fully as his human counterpart can. It seems like he's compartmentalizing his experience as Joshua, and that when it's all over, he's going to think that it was a one off product of being "human". I fear that he's not going to apply the things he experienced to his Time Lord life.

There's a part of me that thinks that "Oh, this is going to change everything about the future for the Doctor and Rose", but I get a queer feeling that this is going to be another one of those ALH surprises, the kind that ends up turning around to conform to canon as much as it can, even if that means no fairytale ending. Rose and Joshua are building something solid and everlasting, and I'm afraid of losing that.

I love the way you paint John in this fiction. He's really a character that doesn't get much screen time in terms of character depth, but you bring him to life. He's seen enough of the Doctor and alien life to know that if the Doctor left a "back up" message, just in case, it must be serious. Even though the Doctor is Joshua right now, and is venturing into an area of emotional ties that the Doctor usually shies away from, John knows that he will retain that keen talent for doing what's right, even if he puts himself in danger.

Thinking like that, I imagine that the Doctor portion of Joshua must be absolutely terrified that something else has taken importance in his life, even as a human. There was always duty and propriety, but that's gone. Joshua filled a part of him that he didn't realize was missing until there was nothing to distract from it.

(Dear lord this review is long! Sorry!)

Harry was remarkably mature and commanding there with John. He's getting brave, the cheeky boy.

Oh, you clever writers, you. (Children's Portraits by Bad Wolf) Sigh. It's never simple for these two, is it? Still, it's nice to know that things are in good hands. Is this the official first time (in your fiction's universe) that the Bad Wolf has stretched her fingers? Is that significant, or has it been there the whole time?

I was expecting Bill to play a larger part, but I'm pleased that he isn't. I feel bad for Bubbles, but I'm glad that Bill escaped that kind of tragedy. Perhaps he is just an annoyingly helpful therapist.

Okay, I'm done! (For now.) I eagerly await the next chapter! Kudos, definitely! -Terri
ArjetLuna chapter 41 . 1/27/2009
"What're you waiting for, you stupid apes? Run!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That was Great! I'm mildly disappointed in Rose for not just renting a car to take her up there, but I guess I can't blame the girl.

Oh and that whole conversation between the Doctors - so fabulous. I love that when he's drugged up he can talk to Him. Makes it a little funny, but- and wait, why does the Doc need more time if he's got Rose? What exactly does he need more time for? Sorting? Knitting?

Anyhoo. Good chapter. Good job. (pat on the head) Here's a cookie. Hope to see another chapter soon!
Cat Yuy chapter 41 . 1/26/2009
Good job Benton. Send in more people for Joshua to boss around.

Poor Rose. Bad Wolf just wants you safe.

If the Brig and Doris are in their room, good for them.
luna andie chapter 41 . 1/26/2009
Very exciting chappie.

Bad Wolf is here!

Rose and Cavalry to the rescue.

Lizard aliens out in the open at the rehab.

Very cool, looking forward to more as usual.
845 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »