Reviews for Never Quite Normal
OtherMeWriter chapter 11 . 1/20/2009
Okay had my emotions jumping through hoops with this one minute amused at Harry's prudishness then next upset because the Doctor was then cheering and sulking in turns because she slapped him and finally just sad for how fragile our poor Doctor is right now.
OtherMeWriter chapter 10 . 1/20/2009
What are we going to do with him. Sigh our poor Doctor, just wish they could help him more but somethings only time can heal with a bit of help from a Rose & a Wolf :)
OtherMeWriter chapter 9 . 1/20/2009
Nothing like a good car accident to sober him up right quick. Way to go Rose! *hugs her* now time for him to get that good swift kick in the ass he deserves all round. Well at least Rose will take care of him and straighten him round.
OtherMeWriter chapter 8 . 1/20/2009
oh my! And if it were anyone other then the Doctor I would be terrified if I heard them get in a car to drive. Oh dear oh dear go get him Rose!
OtherMeWriter chapter 7 . 1/20/2009
The Doctor's smart ass attitude is sweet. Forgot to mention last chapter really liked the Faust's dog reference very graphic.

Bambara's attitude is down right cute and so very in keeping with her nature in the series.
OtherMeWriter chapter 6 . 1/20/2009
Aw poor Rose and poor Doctor both fate can be so cruel and I just won't feel the least be sorry if any of those bitches should happen to get stuck in the building when it blows. Shame about Wilson though poor fellow, had a feeling she liked him in Rose.
OtherMeWriter chapter 5 . 1/20/2009
The way Doris cares for him is so very endearing and the whole car thing was just cool. Bloody phone having to ring like that so very typical of them though.
OtherMeWriter chapter 4 . 1/20/2009
they do have the worst way of not communicating clearly and it's just wonderful how you have captured that in this sequence.
OtherMeWriter chapter 3 . 1/20/2009
very sweet I love the fact that he remembers bit and pieces and the concern Harry, Benton, Brig and Doris have for him is just too sweet! Rose putting music to his words lovely!
OtherMeWriter chapter 2 . 1/20/2009
Nice! Very clever our Doctor and now he is finally getting to know Rose it will be just lovely.
OtherMeWriter chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
O what an intriguing premise to start from I have a feeling I'm going to like this one a LOT!
ArjetLuna chapter 40 . 1/20/2009
OMG! How could you do that to me?

*huff huff huff*

Okay. Back under control. How could you do that to me? Leaving Josh under the influence of god knows how crazy, and Rose set to panic? I about screamed at the computer that THAT couldn't be it! There had to be more. *whimper* But no. You're torturing us.

But no, seriously, god that was a great chapter. Not fluffy or funny (though the whole Sherry throwing a tantrum to get Josh into the office was hysterical)but great. Answered some questions, made some more questionable (just what the hell are they doing here?) and god, that ending is going to drive me nuts until you update. (Please update and soon)

Oo, question. I know he's technically human and so vulnerable to more stuff (ie namely a sedative) but if he still has two hearts shouldn't that mean that though the sedative works faster it also wears off faster? Anyhoo. UPDATE SOON!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
o this looks interesting! Very clever premise
Terrifica Oneiroi chapter 40 . 1/20/2009
Wonderful, wonderful chapter!

You (that's the Royal "you",by the way, meaning both of you) have a hilarious domestic right off, which is so great that it doesn't even sound planned. Acutally, it sounds a bit like what some of my mates would say. :D

Joshua's little bits of input were just enough to involve him in the conversation, but he refrained from jumping in the fray like a catty little human, as he normally does.

Sherry gets more awesome with every chapter. I love the dynamic between her and Zed. It reminds me of myself fighting with my best friend. We're right terrors, but underneath, you know we love each other.

"Boy-Shagging Bastard" should be made into a T-shirt slogan.

My computer shivers at the thought of Joshua's hacking skills.

"Genius, me." is something I don't think I'd ever get tired of hearing Eccleston say.

Bubbles... they just don't learn. Conspiritors with aliens can never win, not even the ones that work with the Doctor, sadly. I sort of feel bad for Bubbles, because she's got a conscious, which is what's most likely to get her killed.

Although, crushing Joshua's cell is the one thing that was going to help him, because when Rose doesn't get a hold of him, she's going to panic and try to save him. And if we're keeping with the Doctor plot, that will be the thing to set the ball rolling. I can't wait to see how you play that out. Will it be Rose only, or Rose and UNIT, or Rose and the Merry Misfits?

I love the last secton. You went out of your way to show exactly how much things have changed because of Rose. The flat is clean, there's actual food in the fridge, and even the bed smells different. Jenny is realizing that Joshua meant more to her bar than she thought. Rose is having a decent time at work, she's happy, she's laughing... but then...

The call. It's the call that makes you stop in your tracks, and it makes your palms start to sweat. It's the call that threatens every moment of peace and happiness you've found so far. It's that pivotal moment where the music creschendos and the violins start to strain themselves in anguish. It's Eccleston's Doctor bending down to brush his fingers through the dust he believes to be his newly disintigrated companion. It's Tennant's Doctor staring his companion in the eyes when she chose to stay with him and fight instead of staying safe with her family. That's the moment we crave, that instant of conflict and horrible realization. That's what makes Doctor Who what we love, because no other show can give us such a wide vairety of those amazing emotions: the fear, the anger, the sadness, but then turn it around to produce determination, strength, and love.

And the fact that you put it at the end of the chapter is just... completely predictable. (In a good way, mind you. It's like making the Doctor have an epiphany right before a commercial break. Stay tuned...) It wouldn't fit anywhere else, because that would cheapen the effect you want it to have.

All in all, I'd have to say BRAVO on this chapter. :D Well done you guys!

As for Matt Smith: I agree with the haircut bit. A question was raised on one of my forums: If he looks like an errant teenager, how seriously will the bad guys be likely to take him? Also, I'm glad you pointed the "Diary of a Call Girl" bit out. Anyone who watches that show is going to immediately think of Hannah. I'd say that it was a greivous oversight on Moffat's part, but I'm hoping that he's got something planned, and that it wasn't just a mistake. If it was, it's a silly mistake. I'm a little saddened that the Doctor keeps getting younger to pander to the new young viewers. I hope that this will not be a trend, as I can't fathom a twelve year old Valeyard/Doctor being over a millenium old.

Enough of my opinion! Great chapter, as always, and you know I'll be watching for the next one! -Terri
Isis the Sphinx chapter 40 . 1/20/2009
Can we say, climax?

Oh, now I'm really looking forward to the next chapter. Things happened in this chapter, very nice. Keep writing!
811 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »