Reviews for Never Quite Normal
HazelEyedLeah chapter 47 . 10/19/2012
*highly amusing notes and disclaimers
HazelEyedLeah chapter 48 . 10/19/2012
This is going to sound mad, and don't get me wrong, the story was AMAZING, but your Authors' notes and Disclaimers never fail to send me into a giggle fit! They're hysterical little stories within a story! STORY-CEPTION!

Oh, did I mention I LOVE THEM SO MUCH?

Also, I've had waaaaaay too much sugar today! I wonder why I felt the need to say that. Excuse me, type that. Annnnnyways, I'm rambling. My friends say I do that a lot. Got quite a mouth on me. I'm also pretty rude.

... I should probably shut up now... So, in conclusion, fantastic story and highly amusing
KnoKnayme chapter 48 . 10/4/2012
Excellent story!
inasentimentalmood chapter 48 . 9/30/2012
It was so great to be able to read a multi-chapter story by you. I appreciate the quality of your writing and how you really took your time in developing the characters. At first I was a bit skeptical about an alcohol-dependent human Ninth Doctor, but the drama of it all was utterly engrossing. I read all 47 chapters in a span of less than a week!

For the first half of the story I was a bit put-off that there was so much detail dedicated to Joshua and Rose agonizing and obsessing over every single one of their interactions. Oh man, and Joshua's emo-ness...and both of their delusional insecurities. After finishing the story, though, I see that it made for a triumphant sort of story arc for them to start out really low and then have a "fantastic" happy ending.

What came across to me very clearly was how both Rose and Joshua are extremely passionate, which in turn yields a very kind of smoldering, serious and a bit moody relationship. So I get that things can escalate and become quite melodramatic-just this overall sort of "if s/he doesn't love me it's the end of the world!" feeling.

I was really grateful, actually, when they got separated when Joshua decided to enter rehab. I'm also so glad that he had such a motley supporting crew of characters and a fun alien adventure. I thought you captured very well the Doctor's hatred of unnecessary death and the guilt he feels about not being able to "save" everyone. And ending everything with a "bang"-that is just classic New Who.

It was really interesting to me that you chose to bring up the issue of the age difference between Rose and Joshua, and how that might be an issue for Rose's family and friends. I feel that's a problem that some viewers have of series 1 in general-that the Doctor looks "old enough to be Rose's father." Yet I enjoyed the idea of Joshua treating her as an equal (especially in the chapter about finances and Rose quitting her job). It was really heartwarming to read the final chapters about how they bring out the best in each other, though they may be very different people.

Lastly, I'm really thankful that you saved the "consummation" of their relationship for last! It just made for better overall plot-pacing and made the happy ending that much happier. Thanks for taking the time to write! The Ninth Doctor had so few episodes that it's always fun to imagine "what if." Cheers!
Pig-Rabbit-Suk chapter 48 . 8/17/2012
Tht was so fantastic.
Kila9Nishika chapter 48 . 8/1/2012
Oh, beautiful, beautiful!
Sir Marrok's Wife chapter 33 . 7/10/2012
Score! It IS Wind Waker huh? Pirate queens, cartoon characters, talking boats, fairies? I totally guessed right didn't I? Muwahaha!
Sir Marrok's Wife chapter 32 . 7/10/2012
Is he playing Zelda? I swear the only talking video game boat I've ever encountered was from Wind Waker
Midnight Lady chapter 48 . 7/7/2012
Fantastic!
Jayde Valhalla chapter 3 . 6/27/2012
i like the story so far, but is he going to stay as joshua for all of it or will he go back to being the Doctor?
vannadear chapter 48 . 5/29/2012
This has been and forever shall be, my absolute favorite Nine/Rose piece. Ever. I cannot even comprehend all of the twists, turns, character development and just all around steady storytelling you lot did. It's been utterly fantastic. So if I go back in a bit and re-read it, and give a review for every single chapter gushing over how amazing it is, don't be surprised. You did an utterly astonishing job. It's brilliant and imperfectly perfect perfection. The noted character flaws, the struggles; all of that only made it that much more believable and amazing. Seriously, well done!
kaleidoscopicepic chapter 15 . 3/19/2012
Oh my, I am such a hopeless romantic... This chapter made me so so happy! Rose is so good for the Doctor, and the Doctor is so fantastic, even if he's all broken into bits and mostly human... Thanks so much for writing!
Larsen chapter 48 . 12/9/2011
Been reading for hours and i absolutely loved it. Thank you!
SeanHicks4 chapter 48 . 11/22/2011
Awesome story...cant think of much else since this one's finished, so it's off to find the next one that's probably posted.
feyathene chapter 48 . 10/31/2011
So this was pretty damn wonderful, I love the fact that the Doctor needed a way to deal with the loss of Gallifrey. Nine was pretty intense and I rather liked him, but the necessity for any being to deal with that kind of trauma and what had to be a major case of survivor's guilt, no matter the 'superior' nature of Time Lords, is never really given a lot of consideration.

The ending was very domestic, much more than I anticipated. I was kinda hoping it would end with Doctor Stewart blowing up Hendrick's (no idea if that's how it should be spelled), just for the sake of how amusing that conflict between him and Rose would be, especially as I'm sure she'd think he did just to get her to quit, lol.

And yea, sorry if this isn't the most coherent, I read this all in one sitting, it's about 3am, I think I'm going to bed now, lol.

Point being: great story, going on my faves list, good job to the both of you. _
790 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »