Reviews for Never Quite Normal
Jonn Wolfe chapter 48 . 1/3/2011
There aren't words enough to explain just how gorgeous this story is. Every little bit of it is wonderful, and I am THRILLED to learn that this particular timeline is going to be continued.

Read this all in one go too. A bit obsessive, me.
dostle chapter 48 . 12/24/2010
I just wanted to say that I have read this story (I think, at least) three times, and absolutely adore it. The way you portray the characters-especially Nine-is so compelling, I found myself tearing up or grinning along with the plot, and I may have even let a cheer escape when Doctor Stewart defeated the lizards.

In any case, I love your writing-singularly and cooperative-and can't wait to see more of Never Quite Simple :)
Lynn chapter 19 . 12/7/2010
This is so beautiful and inspiring and sexy. I love how you write 9 in love. I so hope you will write more. This is one of my favorite fan fics EVER. Thank you so much.
Indygodusk chapter 48 . 11/7/2010
This was a very interesting and unusual story. I quite enjoyed it. The alcoholism thing was not attractive to me at all, but it was interesting to see him work through it. I also enjoyed all of the friends he made in therapy. The emotion in this piece is very well done. Thank you!
Crystal113 chapter 48 . 8/16/2010
I don't normally read much Doctor Who fic, because I only just started watching the show with Eleven– though I've now seen most of the NewWho seasons– and I'm not really involved in the fandom. This is only the second story I've reviewed (I'm a dedicated lurker in this fandom). It and the episode "Dalek" made me like Nine.

I love the premise, and it makes me wonder how the season will go with them already in a relationship. I love the day-to-day life, the difficulties Rose and Joshua face in their relationship, and how Rose still is able to help the Doctor heal even though he doesn't know he's the Doctor. The connection you've brought between New and Classic Who is wonderful.

I'm seriously considering printing this out, so I don't have to rely on an Internet connection to read it. Never Quite Normal is one of the best fanfics I've read. I really wish I could leave a longer, more coherant review, because this story deserves it.
Lexis chapter 18 . 8/11/2010
Russell at the door, I'd hide in the cellar, too. Actually, scratch that, I'd get down me Winchester rifle and blast him away for the whole messy parallel world thing, the tosser.
JuliaAurelia chapter 48 . 6/23/2010
The great dismay of my retinas, and to the great delight of my mind, I read this fic all in one sitting. I loved it, truly one of the best DW fics I have ever read. It's just...fantastic. The plot, the characters, the writing, everything just came together perfectly. Bravo!
tbrown chapter 48 . 6/17/2010
I just adored this story. I'm fairly new to Doctor Who fanfic and I haven't found many that were just wonderful, but this one certainly is. I hesitated at first because of Joshua being an alcoholic and Rose being so young, but you two really made it work. I hope you continue updating the sequel. I'm eager to find out what happens when the Doctor reemerges permanently. Keep up the outstanding work!
Evan Jameson chapter 48 . 5/12/2010
Amazing! Simply amazing! I was looking for some fics while working out some Writer's Block, and here you are! So good! Quality work, very good, not quite what I expected at all! Extremely amazing; keep up the good work!
Jillybean823 chapter 48 . 5/10/2010
"Fantastic" fair well sums this up. Never have I read a story in which the Author Notes were nearly as worth reading as the chapters. Well done, indeed. I'd gush further over the combined literary skills of the authors, but... 1) I would hate to contribute to either one developing a big head, b) it's hopefully been said before, and III) there's something shiny, just there...
RagamuffinSundrop chapter 48 . 4/4/2010
Read it in one long go and this story is fantastic.
Lady Lunas chapter 48 . 3/8/2010
I adore this story. It's pretty much at the top of the list for favorite Doctor Who fics.

You two don't skate by the hard topics, and you're dealing with the Doctor at what is one of the worst moments of his life. How he reacts, how he handles the whole Time War (or doesn't, as the case may be) is well-thought-out, well plotted, and decidedly superbly written. He may be "human", but he is still the Doctor, and it shows.

Rose cannot help but fall for him. He's damaged, but she sees what the rest of the world (save for a very few) cannot. He's worthy of her, and worthy of himself. You've characterized Rose so well. She's young, in love, and a very strong woman. She might not be traveling on the TARDIS, but her interactions with JoshuaDoctor are already changing her into that person.

I adore this story. Thank you for writing it.
leona chapter 48 . 2/22/2010
Loves every single bit. Beautiful. Write an original novel, why don't you two? Wait, don't. Never mind. That'd mean I'd actually have to go get the book. Meh.
leona chapter 37 . 2/22/2010
Just stopping by to say, LOVE the irony, and I really, really hope Wilson won't die. I love him! :) He's too cute!
Adalia Greyson chapter 48 . 1/23/2010
Awesome story! I love the Doctor behaving as a human. Can't wait to read whatever else you guys come up with in this vein.
800 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »