Reviews for Never Quite Normal
AFantasticRose chapter 13 . 6/18/2008
Oh my God. I think this is my favorite chapter so far. You really delivered on this one and not a drop of angst in sight(which isn't a bad thing)! Right before I read your new chapters I reread the previous one and when I did I got to thinking about that 'F'. Then I thought Flowers/Florist! That was perfect. How he arranged the whole thing was brillaintly thought out and the cherry on top of course was showing up Stephanie. And Wilson is just a doll, isn't he? It's lovely to have someone at work on Roses side. It must have taken Joshua ages to figure out how to phrase that letter, I can see him sitting down attempting to make his handwriting partly presentable. One of my favorite bits was Rose confessing to her mum that she loved him. I hope Joshua will be able to hear that soon, I'm sure that knowledge will do him immeasurable good. By the by, I think my smile was just as big as Roses when I read that letter. Update soon, I can bearly wait to see how the date goes.
Kathryn Shadow chapter 13 . 6/18/2008
Calm down. -pats- It's okay. Yes, the website sucks muchly sometimes.

DISCWORLD -glomps-

-huggles Joshua-

-goes to look at flowers-
cordelia-lear chapter 13 . 6/18/2008
I nearly cried thinking about the flowers. It really is funny how a simple plant arrangement can make a girl feel like she's worth something. I suppopse it is true, though: it really is the thought that counts. Some one was thinking about you when they arranged to get the flowers to you. *runs off to see the arrangement*

I really hope that Rose does for Joshua what she did for the Doctor in the whoniverse. I'm sure we've got a ways to go, but he's not wallowing in self-pity/hatred 100% of the time if he's worried about romancing Rose.

Wonderful chapter:)
Kathryn Shadow chapter 12 . 6/12/2008
O.o Yay. .

Sorry, I'm not properly awake yet...
tellie chapter 12 . 6/12/2008
Hmm... Why this is not working... Is my computer hating me or does think my grammar is so bad I should be cencored...? If it doesn't work out now, I leave it be. Untill next chapter, that is :P

"It's very funny to me that the subject of sex and the Doctor is taboo in both the real and fictional world. The characters who know him best aren't sure what to do, never having thought about the possibility before."

Yeah... But I don't wonder it a second. After all he is not a human, and he may see sex and sexuality differetly than humans. Of course that leaves much room for speculation and interpretations, witch is kind of good of course, but also makes the subject very difficult to use in writing and stuff.

Also the idea about the Doctor having sex is usually as creepy as thinking someone's own grandparents having sex... expect is is way creepier, about 20-200 times more creepy :P Maybe it is because of his overly intellectual, mysterious and powerfull character, who seems to be above of doing something just because of it. There is always something more, something else behind his likings and not-likings. Sex is just sex, and it seems to be too simple for the Doctor, exept when it is made to be something more than just sex. That is why I used word 'usually' at the beginning of this paragraph... Every time I have read a fic with theme the Doctor and sex, all should I say non-embarassing ones have been the ones sex is descriped as a part of something else, something bigger and more meaningfull. Of course one could see it a part of love and relationship, and when we are talking about humans, I agree. When we are talking about Time Lords... well, not that much.

I think that is one of the reasons I like this story just too much. When the Doctor thinks he is a human, he has most likely absorbed some human traits and toughts, also about sex and sexuality. That is why his human disguise makes possibile to examine the subject and also his romantic interest way better than his usual Time Lord self. Without serious feeling of OOC-ness, I mean... And when Joshua and the Doctor are not completly different/separate personalities, the Doctor is kind of the Doctor, not just some made-up John Smith like in Human Nature and Family of Blood. (Not that I am complaining of the episodes, they were very interesting but different way)

Writing this review was pain, and it is a miracle my dictionary didn't got completly worn out. I bet reading it is torture, specilly for them who speak native English -_- I wish I managed to write understandable stuff... And sorry about spamming :/ I really don't understand what I am doing wrong with my computer this time.
tellie chapter 12 . 6/12/2008
(Gah. Stupid laptop keyboard, I messed with it and most of my reviw left unposted. BUT luckily I am a genius and I kept copying it, so I just have to paste it here )

- if am right
tellie chapter 12 . 6/12/2008
Once again great chapter I still feel bad for Rose bacause of Jackie... Joshua got what he was asking, so not too bad for him :)

My money is on bussines section 'F'. Waiting for next chapter to see
cordelia-lear chapter 12 . 6/12/2008
Great Chapter:)

Smart man, avoiding the wrath of Jackie Tyler.
NewDrWhoFan chapter 12 . 6/12/2008
I'm assuming that's the business section "F" :) Aaw.
x-EmilyTennant-x chapter 12 . 6/12/2008
'F'? Hm. I'm clueless, so update soon! :D
AFantasticRose chapter 12 . 6/11/2008
Well at least he's getting there, and receiving some common sense while he's at it. He seems to get to the right place, just at the wrong time (Jackie's flat, Henricks). So what is this mysterious person 'F'? Interesting. And poor Brigadier, has to wait on Doris to sort out women issues. Men really are useless no matter what species.
x-EmilyTennant-x chapter 11 . 6/5/2008
LOL! The Greek sentence means 'you are condemned'. Good luck looking after your hostage! He doesn't sound happy!

And I feel so sorry for Joshua. He just keeps on messing up. Marvellous chapter. Fantastic, even!
Lil'layah chapter 11 . 6/5/2008
My poor, poor self depreciating Doctor. It just doesn’t occur to him, human or Time Lord, does it? Not to worry. I’m sure Rose said she’d be going out with Ricky the Idiot in the heat of the moment. She’ll be regretting it as soon as she walks out door. Stupid ape.
mistress haruka chapter 11 . 6/5/2008
The Doctor is so emo, he really needs some sense knocked into him. _
NewDrWhoFan chapter 11 . 6/5/2008
Well, he deserves it!

Okay, now make everything better for the poor Docror, alright? :)
845 | « Prev Page 1 .. 42 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 .. Last Next »