Reviews for Never Quite Normal
EmeraldWings90 chapter 32 . 3/4/2013
This is perfect - I found it by browsing for fics for Nine and sorting by review number, and it's so great! But especially this chapter - I love that, when told to 'rely on his higher power', he eventually thinks about Time. It's perfect.
-Wings
Kaeldra91 chapter 48 . 2/20/2013
Oh tell me there's a sequel! What happens when he becomes the doctor again?!
By the way, this story was fabulous :D
Spunkalovely chapter 48 . 2/15/2013
This is fantastic! One of the best things I've read for a while!
MyFirstistheFourth chapter 48 . 1/11/2013
Reviewing in total and not just by chapters. I love Dr Who and particularly Nine/Rose; however I have not been attracted to the "chameleon-arch", "humanized" Dr stories so far...until now. :) I have totally LOVED this story. The angst and turmoil as "Joshua" strives to better himself for Rose's sake. The Brigadeer and friends keeping the secret and trying to help the Doctor, all while both alien and human strife continues...just wonderful! Well developed and written. Found your sequel through a different page and truthfully hope there will be more to the story, though I know you guys haven't posted to it in a while. I shall keep following, looking out and keeping my fingers crossed for more tales of Joshua and Rose. And your disclaimer notes? HYSTERICAL! I have to go back to them after the story because they are so funny! Thanks for a great story guys! :)
saiyasith1 chapter 48 . 12/31/2012
Excellent story! Very well done. I can't wait to read more about their adventures. Nicely written!
saiyasith1 chapter 17 . 12/31/2012
Oh wow... you guys sure know how to write wonderfully tingly steamy stuff, without even getting to the sex yet! Bravo on another great chapter!
nefiti chapter 48 . 12/17/2012
totally and completely loved this story, pulled a couple of all nighters and finished it in a few days, how ever unless im blind i seem to be having trouble finding the promised sequels... any idea?
Jantsu65 chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
I just found this story and I'm at a loss for words. All I can get out of my keyboard right now is that I just love this! It is so bittersweet and hilarious at the same time. Chapeau!
LapisLazuli chapter 14 . 11/25/2012
I think my favourite thing about this story is the sheer quantity of tea drunk almost rivals the alcohol.
Clever Lass chapter 48 . 10/24/2012
Completely delightful in every way.
HazelEyedLeah chapter 47 . 10/19/2012
*highly amusing notes and disclaimers
HazelEyedLeah chapter 48 . 10/19/2012
This is going to sound mad, and don't get me wrong, the story was AMAZING, but your Authors' notes and Disclaimers never fail to send me into a giggle fit! They're hysterical little stories within a story! STORY-CEPTION!

Oh, did I mention I LOVE THEM SO MUCH?

Also, I've had waaaaaay too much sugar today! I wonder why I felt the need to say that. Excuse me, type that. Annnnnyways, I'm rambling. My friends say I do that a lot. Got quite a mouth on me. I'm also pretty rude.

... I should probably shut up now... So, in conclusion, fantastic story and highly amusing
KnoKnayme chapter 48 . 10/4/2012
Excellent story!
inasentimentalmood chapter 48 . 9/30/2012
It was so great to be able to read a multi-chapter story by you. I appreciate the quality of your writing and how you really took your time in developing the characters. At first I was a bit skeptical about an alcohol-dependent human Ninth Doctor, but the drama of it all was utterly engrossing. I read all 47 chapters in a span of less than a week!

For the first half of the story I was a bit put-off that there was so much detail dedicated to Joshua and Rose agonizing and obsessing over every single one of their interactions. Oh man, and Joshua's emo-ness...and both of their delusional insecurities. After finishing the story, though, I see that it made for a triumphant sort of story arc for them to start out really low and then have a "fantastic" happy ending.

What came across to me very clearly was how both Rose and Joshua are extremely passionate, which in turn yields a very kind of smoldering, serious and a bit moody relationship. So I get that things can escalate and become quite melodramatic-just this overall sort of "if s/he doesn't love me it's the end of the world!" feeling.

I was really grateful, actually, when they got separated when Joshua decided to enter rehab. I'm also so glad that he had such a motley supporting crew of characters and a fun alien adventure. I thought you captured very well the Doctor's hatred of unnecessary death and the guilt he feels about not being able to "save" everyone. And ending everything with a "bang"-that is just classic New Who.

It was really interesting to me that you chose to bring up the issue of the age difference between Rose and Joshua, and how that might be an issue for Rose's family and friends. I feel that's a problem that some viewers have of series 1 in general-that the Doctor looks "old enough to be Rose's father." Yet I enjoyed the idea of Joshua treating her as an equal (especially in the chapter about finances and Rose quitting her job). It was really heartwarming to read the final chapters about how they bring out the best in each other, though they may be very different people.

Lastly, I'm really thankful that you saved the "consummation" of their relationship for last! It just made for better overall plot-pacing and made the happy ending that much happier. Thanks for taking the time to write! The Ninth Doctor had so few episodes that it's always fun to imagine "what if." Cheers!
Pig-Rabbit-Suk chapter 48 . 8/17/2012