Reviews for Never Quite Normal
E.Tphonehome chapter 48 . 3/19/2009
please say that there is gona be a sequel to this,

Please, please, please!
horsesrock8 chapter 48 . 3/19/2009
Wow! FANTASTIC story!

Loved every second and can't wait for the sequel!

Coru chapter 48 . 3/19/2009
Multiple times I laughed out loud, and it also got a couple of happy squeals from me. I have loved this entire story (I wish I'd found it even earlier!) and I greatly look forward to the sequel.

And the mental image of the Brig vs. Jackie Tyler is just entirely too awesome :-D
Vallora chapter 48 . 3/19/2009
Blink

Blink, Blink.

It stopped. You Mean I have to wait until after the beginning of April before there's another chapter? NOT FAIR.

On a brighter note, time to read from the beginning.

Wonderful, wonderful, absolutely fantastic (did I mention wonderful) story. This should have been in the running for canon. It could have worked.

What I would like to see in the sequel(s): Face off between Jackie and the Brig , if Wilson will try and pick up Mickey up or not or if Mickey lets him; Joshua and Rose going to France; Joshua blowing more stuff up (like Hendricks); what the Doctor thinks about all this; oh and some Joshua/Doctor Rose time. Definetly some Doctor Rose time. That would be interesting. And finally, you can't even thing about ending these stories until Rose finally starts traveling in the Tardis with the Doctor, and even then I don't think I want you to end it.

I'm really going to miss looking for this story, but I'm so looking forward to the next one.
icarustooclose chapter 48 . 3/19/2009
Oh noes! I don't want it to be over!

Glad to see there will be more coming, though, as I absolutely adore this universe.
Autumnevening chapter 47 . 3/16/2009
Yay! The Doctor and Rose!

*does a little happy dance around the table, then notices people staring*...erm...that is...well... _ Ok, I had a total happy moment. And the ending of the chapter was made of sweetness. I feel for the Doctor, that he still can't deal, and I find myself wondering how Rose will react when she learns that Joshua really...isn't. It also seems to me that the longer the Doctor stays as Joshua the more Joshua he becomes. hm. Perhaps I am projecting? I don't know.

I adore how you all write Doris and the Brigadier, both alone and as a team. Joshua's lack of confidence driving to his uncle's and his mood about the car were really...real, and I loved them. I think that's one of the things I enjoy most about this story is that, appart from Joshua really being a genius time traveling alien, you haven't idealized the characters/relationships. Feel the same way about the arguement, could have even made it fiercer. Also, I don't mind there not being sex. It's better without smut, I think. -
AFantasticRose chapter 47 . 3/16/2009
I'm glad they got those issues out of the way, because one time or another they were going to become a problem. Joshua finally getting to tell Rose his reasons for wanting her to quit her job. So, when is she moving in? Can't wait for that and she never exactly answered his question.

I always enjoy watching the Doctors interaction with the Brigadier, but this conversation was something else. That he is still so obviously still so terrified that his hands keep shaking. And the almost-plea he gives the Brig when he would have never done so in other circumstances. When I saw that Rose was there I was afraid she had overheard something. She didn't did she?

I was absolutely with Doris thinking, ‘well no kidding, you stupid man'. He better be glad he has Doris to interpret these things for him.

I really enjoyed this chapter. Rose and Joshua trying to find their footing of their shared 'domestic' lives.

Can't wait for more!
x-EmilyTennant-x chapter 47 . 3/15/2009
Aww, another beautiful chapter. I can see why the Doctor prefers being Joshua. He has Rose who loves him unconditionally. Hopefully he'll realise that what he and Rose shares is special, and she'll love him even as the Doctor.
Terrifica Oneiroi chapter 47 . 3/14/2009
I don't know what to say! I'm so sorry! I didn't get any alert in my inbox, and I was broody about it, but I didn't check. I should have known what'd happened, what with the bugs has half the time. Still, I feel like a class-A heel.

I was quite shocked to see the Doctor reappear without any warning or lead-in. To be honest, I'm stuck wondering exactly how far into this life Joshua is going to have to go before the Doctor decides he's going to face the world. You know that I love the Doctor, and an angsty Doctor is fascinating, but how realistic is he being? When is he going to stop and decide that he's healed enough? Is there some pre-set point that he's trying to reach? It seems like he could keep stalling for more time, just another hour, another day. I'm probably getting the wrong impression, but I feel like the Doctor is digging his heels in. Who is this person with his hands up protesting that he isn't ready yet, not yet, more time? It feels like the Doctor is changing, maybe more than he realizes locked up in his own head. Is he scared that his life can't be as good as it is now if he reveals himself? When I think about how close Rose came to the Doctor, a man she knows, but doesn't, it makes me nervous.

I got the impression that when Rose saw the Doctor, she knew that something was different. She might not be automatically assuming that he's a Centur-old alien locked in her lover's head, but she noticed. Their last interaction found Rose passed out on the couch, and the Doctor looking at her. The Doctor's reaction to her this time was startling. His bounding over to her just to touch her face, like a dehydrated man in the desert, when seeing a mirage, was extreme compared to what Joshua might do, having seen Rose only minutes before. That tiny little scene reeks of something not quite right.

There that tiny little voice in my head while I'm reading this asking me "how long can this go on before something happens and it all falls apart around their ears?" While this provokes great feelings of excitement and anticipation, it also brings a little bit of dread. I'm a fan of Rose's like any of us, but I wonder exactly how much she can handle, and I'm not really talking about the alien bit. I rather think she'd not like being lied to for so long, led along a path where she didn't know the whole truth, while other's watched her fall in love and stumble into a relationship knowing that it was all destined to change before it could really begin. I think I'd be disappointed if she wasn't a little hurt that Alastair and Doris, John and Harry had kept something like that from her. Of course she's going to love the Doctor anyways, but accepting that half of what she knows about Joshua is a lie is another thing entirely.

I'm getting more and more excited to see where you're taking this. Every time I think of one thing, another six pop into my head, and I'm off again. Next time, I'll check back whether or not I get the alert, the unreliable things. -Terri.
Shadowed Gold chapter 47 . 3/14/2009
Oh, NINE. ::pets, shoves Rose at him::

He doesn't realize yet that he can have a family, AND the universe. Or maybe he just hasn't realized yet that he deserves it. Poor baby, it's gonna take something drastic (like, perhaps, a threat to Rose?) to bring him out again. But you can definitely see that the longer he's around, the more Joshua and Nine are melding together, or maybe it's just becoming more apparent that Joshua IS a side of Nine. Which will definitely help Rose accept him when the inevitable happens.

Guys, the edge of my seat's all sharp and uncomfortable! And you keep putting me there. ::pouts:
Isis the Sphinx chapter 47 . 3/14/2009
And we give a glomp to the ol' TARDIS while we're here.

A nice, happy, fluffy chapter. Much needed.

Ok, now, what's the next disaster to build up?

Keep writing!
Lrnd chapter 47 . 3/14/2009
Awesome chapter, and I love Doris' insights. I think they are definitely right on.
Lrnd chapter 45 . 3/14/2009
So very hot!
fennie chapter 47 . 3/12/2009
Very sweet chapter. I can't help but wonder what Rose's reaction will be, learning he's an alien after being in an established relationship. Seems maybe he's a bit hesitant of that, as well?
Doro.neko chapter 47 . 3/12/2009
"I’m just not used to having to deal with the aftermath, s’all,” he admitted. “Never really had to stay around ta handle the paperwork."

I'd never quite thought of that before, but he *does* have a major advantage in flitting away after blowing up buildings, destroying giant robots, etc etc...

I was SO relieved that Rose and the Doctor got through their brief interaction. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for her to stagger back, limbs akimbo, all "OMG WHAT! You are not my Joshua!" And I honestly don't know if I could have taken that kind of drama. ;)
800 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »