Reviews for Conception
my-secret-garden chapter 4 . 7/29
Oh my, I m crying right now :...) This chapter, your writing, just, just everything! I just cant find any words to describe what I feel. It feels so honest and pure and just, just wonderful. I really, really want to say how much I loved your whole story, about how well you portrait the characters, how much I love David, and Peter, and Susan, and Edmund, and Lucy, and, oh, and oh wonderful Helen! Just thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I hope my simple review will reach you.
Yours forever fan, my-secret-garden
my-secret-garden chapter 3 . 7/27
Oh, poor Helen! Oh, poor Edmund! I felt really for her with two sick children on care and no help near. I guess my mum must have felt like that too. As with Edmund, I think you captured him perfectly (as have you the other siblings) because not everyone can show feelings easily, no matter how good otherwise person he may be.
my-secret-garden chapter 2 . 7/25
One more poetic chapter
my-secret-garden chapter 1 . 7/25
I am a bit sad that I noticed this fair story only now, but its better ever then never. Your writing is so pure and poetic and... and just so good, its a wonderful feeling reading it. Especially the idea of describing Hellens and Davids relationship is wonderful and how it went on to their children. I think you capture the time the story plays in perfectly, showing also respect to the happy cuples- and housewifes- of that time. I can only imagine how horrible Hellen felt after what hapend to Violet, something like that does not let you cold.
Zelda12343 chapter 4 . 1/9/2016
I loved reading this so much. You gave each character such a perfect beginning, and really seem to understand their characters. Nice job!
LiveAndLetRain chapter 4 . 3/1/2014
Light. Lucy is perfectly named that is for sure!

Poor Violet.
Oh Susan. They can laugh BECAUSE of everything! Why can't you see!
Lucy has a feeling? Well, here we go!
Helen. You have every right woman!

I believe it. Edmund knows.
And the Scrubbs make an appearance.
Poor Susan.
Awwww. Little Susan mothering baby Edmund is the cutest thing ever.
I wouldn't worry Helen. Your kids will help rescue their son! (please imagine my evil snickers)
*snicker(still)* Peter is quite the storyteller apparently!

Peter's first quest.
No Helen, I really don't think you are being overly indulgent. He obviously realizes he did wrong, and harping on it will only make everyone miserable. It won't accomplish anything.
Edmund with the sand is adorable.
Oh! Professor Kirke is THAT Professor!
Well Digory, look and see! See the children who will fulfill what Aslan said! "As Adam's race has done the harm, so Adam's race shall help to heal it."
They are incredibly extraordinary! Something great indeed.
The way you write this...I am practically crying with joy for Digory!

This is such a happy chapter. It suits Lucy so beautifully. All laughter and joy and hope and sunshine.

A constant throughout this fic that I love is Peter and Susan's relationship. You don't see enough of it, and you portray it so beautifully.
(I hope you didn't find my constant talking to the characters themselves annoying? If you did, I apologize.)
Thank you so much for writing and sharing this story with us. It was lovely and I'm sad to see it end.
LiveAndLetRain chapter 3 . 3/1/2014
The Problem Child.
Oh Edmund.

*sigh* Prickly or not, that is no excuse for hitting your sisters.
One of the realities of families. Everyone is different, and sometimes the operate on different wavelengths. Enter conflict. Sometimes violent conflict.

Poor Helen. She's having to learn that part of having a large(ish) busy family is that sometimes the house will not be spotless.
"Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh." Helen has every reason to be indignant at her mother-in-law being so possessive of her husband. I do admire the grace with which she usually handles it however.
And now she is discovering the joys of a support group!
Oh, poor babies.
I'm feeling the urge to smack David Pevensie right now.
Helen, you are an amazing wife and mother. I only wish I could be half the woman you are. Unfortunately, I have the stereotypical red-head temper, and am somewhat lacking in the self-control department.
Okay, never mind. No smacking necessary.
LiveAndLetRain chapter 2 . 3/1/2014
Edmund and his growth spurts...
Poor Peter. He just doesn't quite get that it's a girl-thing. He's going to get pretty concerned eventually if they don't tell him enough to reassure him!

I don't care much for David Pevensie's family, just to throw that out there. (Because my opinion is SO important. *rollseyes*)
Being happy to see your husband! *gasp* The horror!
I just don't get a mother loving her child to be at all improper. Thank you God for my parents. And my siblings (as annoying as they can be).
I'm with Helen. Ain't no one taking my baby away from me. Sleep or no sleep.
LiveAndLetRain chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
Something that I find especially powerful in this chapter is that, when Peter has a nightmare, he goes to protect his sister, even at that age. (Let's see...Lucy is a baby, so...about five. Right?) And that his nobility (not by birth, but by character) is evident so early.
Also, his version of Sleeping Beauty is just adorable.
He's so protective, even when he's just a baby his ownself.
The description of his relationship with Susan just makes her abandonment all the more painful though. :(

I would say that "improper" is a very, very tame word. Who gives a darn about "proper". What about "right", or "decent"...

And that is Peter's story. Protection and nobility and giving.
Eiladwyn chapter 4 . 12/13/2013
Among other things, I like that you didn't write David as the stereotypical perfect husband and father. Thanks for posting!
MuggleCreator chapter 4 . 10/24/2012
Awwwwww! Destined for something great indeed!
Ashleigh2016 chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
That is really sweet. You did a good job of explaining yet keeping it clean. I like it.

May The Lion Be With You and His Blessings Upon You,
Ashleigh
Miso Muchi chapter 4 . 7/2/2011
I absolutely adore this, however, you might want to switch the status to complete.
Vilinye chapter 4 . 6/21/2011
Wow. That was absolutely amazing. I loved it a lot
arsenal95 chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
My, such a beautiful piece! You must have truly delved into Helen as a character in order to achieve this level of familiarity. I say, I felt that rather than simply being fictitious, Helen Pevensie, charming and lovely as can be, was a true person. She embodied all of what I hope to achieve through my own marriage. With a loving husband, beautiful children, and strong, yet soft heart, this remarkable woman you have created has become quite the role model for myself. A real woman who hurts, has off days, makes mistakes. Yet this realistic woman still put her children and then her husband first. That is all I can hope for. As I feel Mrs Helen Pevensie would agree in regards to herself, I feel as if my duty is in the care and raising of a family. It is not I who will be great, but my children or even my children's children. I appreciated the traditional, humble family values and foundation, although not prim and proper. I can only hope to one day be as lucky as Helen with my own familial endevours. Bless you for sharing this with this humble young lady. And merry Christmas to you.