Reviews for Anagnorisis
animelover1993 chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
Oh dude. Best sequel ever... is there a possibility of a trilogy? I really want to know what choice Sam makes.

Oh and; SIXTH REVIEW FOR THE WIN!

Had to say it.

This was as good as Hegira, a worthy sequel.

Much love:

~Animelover
Koi chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
Dierdre chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Whew! Sorry it took me so long to review this, chica. Life kinda broad-sided me for a day or two. _;;

First of all, I loved the title to this. I've never seen 'anagnorisis' used in a fic before, much less as a title, and the meaning is perfect for this story.

The repetition of the words 'he didn't notice' was well executed here, as it worked wonders for setting the tone. I'm also strangely endeared by the fact that Simmons made the effort to come see Sam, instead of the other way around. As Simmons said, it wasn't necessarily because he likes the boy, but he does care enough about his well-being to visit and offer some sound (albeit caustic) advice. Brava!

And I'm digging the claws that Simmons gave himself. I like it so much, in fact, that I might use it in my own sequel, when and if I can get a couple of nights to sit down and type the stupid thing. I will, of course, PM you for permission to use that affectation when the time comes. _

Loved the tension between those two, with their curt greetings and somewhat stilted speech. There is a connection between the two, without a doubt, but that certainly doesn't mean that they're gonna be all buddy-buddy now. Realistic character depiction for the win!

I thought you brought up some very insightful points, too. The need to choose before that choice is taken from him; the Autobots' inability to embrace the concept of death; Simmons' own unique brand of xenophobia, which doesn't quite give him the ability to see the Autobots as people; and the wisdom of making such a difficult choice for himself and himself alone. Heady stuff there.

I found it strangely endearing that Bee eavesdropped on their conversation out of a desire to protect Sam, even though it was evident that Simmons didn't intend him any harm. Considering the circumstances of Sam and Mikaelas' injuries, as well as the unpleasant history between Bee and Simmons, it would've surprised me if he didn't.

I'm insanely in love with the 'gods among ants' analogy. It's a powerful turn of phrase that says a lot about Simmons' viewpoint, as well as being a poetic collection of words. It was an perfect way to end the fic, methinks.

And on a closing note, I can't help but echo the sentiments of the others here. What you've written is compelling stuff, and it makes me want more of the same. Whatever you decide, however, I was incredibly tickled that you wanted to write a sequel to my little fic, and I'm pleased (although not surprised) at the caliber of the presented work. Brava, chica, and thank you! You done good. *Favorites with gusto*
Luki Dimension chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
Squee! I loved this almost as much as I loved Hegira. Its one thing to write Autobot!Sam, another thing entirely to have him get the more negative side from someone else whose already gone through it.
EasterOfFlesh chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
Interesting. I WAS wondering what Sam and Mikeala would choose from the story before this one. Do you think you'll be doing another story on this? *hope*
Elariel chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
This was a delightful continuation of "Hegira" and I'm so happy that someone continued this vein of thought. You certainly created a powerful, but succintly delivered look at the meaning of life and what truly is "living" beyond mortal means. Sam may be a teenager, but suddenly he is thrust into a world of choices that he must make or that will be made for him. Heady stuff for someone of his age.

I really loved this bit and although you said this was a "one-shot", I hope that I can convince you to possible write another piece in this 'verse. It was a delightful read.

Thanks for sharing!