Reviews for Elfen Lied: Requiem of Annihilation
crankshaft7 chapter 48 . 5/8
This was a truely amazing tale. I would recommend it to anyone who likes the Elfen Lied anime or manga as I do.
I loved the directions you took and how you made the characters your own while maintaining the integrity of their makeup. Even Yuka who is often hated for being such a brat (to put it nicely).
I must comment on your Calidor character. The way he cared nothing for the power he was amassing or the souls he consumed to get that power. He was not concerned with ruling the world and galaxies but only for their utter destruction. It was a near perfect picture of Satan and his ultimate goal of the destruction of all creation in order to punish God who he blames for his downfall. And the inexhaustible pride that was truely his downfall as well as Caldor. I don't know if that was your intention but I don't believe I have ever seen such a truer analogy of that old serpent. Also I was amazed to find the part where the Dr mentioned the intentional problems with the vaccines and them being part of a eugenics program. I was thinking the exact same tthing as I was reading it because now 5 years after you finished the story these things are coming out and being proven to be true after a few hard nosed and sturdy people fought to expose that threat and many others. (hint. and just to name two)
Now about those people who wrote those nasty reviews. People who rip apart someone or their work and give no way to mend their qualms are either doing it because they get off on the power trip of belittling someone else or they have an ulterior motive for wanting to tear you down. Either way they ought to be disreguarded and maybe even given a taiste of their own medicine as you did (bravo by the way and you were by no means to mean about it). There will always be something you don't like in a story but you should just enjoy the damnbthing or move on to something else. This was after all a free story and a very good and we'll written on at that. So sick it beeches! Lol.
I would love to see a sequel to this even if it is written by someone else but I like to see someone's work remain their own since different people will go different ways with the same prompt and I liked your story the way you wrote it. I'd try it myself but I already have a fabric I'm working on as well as an original story and another after that as well as working full-time so I just don't have time :(
I hope you read this even though it has been several years since you finished it but if you do please let me know. I'd love to hear from you.
That was indeed a thrilling chapter. I just wonder if you still check on your reviews even though it's been 5 years since you finished this story or at least updated it. Let me know if you do and I'll be sure to post reviews more often as I progress.
I like how you've taken hints of the powers a did lonious can develop if allowed to from the anime and manga and built upon them. Just as we are able to use our hands in so many ways, the diclonious would mostly only be limited to their imagination in all of the ways they can manipulate things. Not to mention being able to develop levels of telepathy. Very well written and thankyou for your hard work and appreciation for Elfen Lied.
One thing I noticed was that you spelled Lucy's real name "Kaeda" even though I think the manga spelled it "Kaede". It was not only on the note she left Kotta at the end but it was also the name on the phone at the maple inn. I think Kareem means maple but I wondered if Kaede had some kind of connection to the inn like it had been owned by her family or something. But I digress. I could be wrong about the spelling but I don't think so. Anyway that is the only issue I've had so far and bit is a miniscule one.
heredia chapter 18 . 3/23
Mayu so sweet
heredia chapter 17 . 3/23
yuka such a bitch, life like paradise yet complaining
Guest chapter 48 . 12/10/2014
I hell yeah,i read the whole story and it was amazing an excellent continuation of the story
Duinithias chapter 47 . 12/8/2014
Thank you for your wonderful creation. I hope that you will take up the pen once again and that if so may your writings all ways be as good if not better than they have ever been and one last thing, Good luck.
-Duinithias
Sincy-shadow chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
TeleeRocker chapter 48 . 4/20/2013
This story was absolutely marvelous! Trust me criticism is hard at times but unless it's helpfull I'd say just ignore it, every man's free to his own opinion and if it's negative, well then that's their own fault. Keep up the amazing work and have a great day!
EL619 chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Cool
Icyalacran chapter 6 . 3/19/2013
good one. did you know AB can get blood from anybody, while O blood can give to anybody?
Sora chapter 47 . 12/27/2012
I have to say i'm disappointed. If ypu hadn't added the whole council situation, i'd say i'd be happy with the long-at-last peace. The addition of that plot 2 chapters before ending the series was a big disappointment, and making a whole chapter about Badoh asking a question and leaving is ridiculous. I don't care that you added all this elemental and dragon stuff, but aliens? Come on, you straid too far from the series. I consider it canon despite everything. I still loved the tale, but despised the ending. 8/10. Would be 11 had it not been the open ending. But alas, it was a long ride. Thank you for this tale.

Sora
xPrincessJupiterx chapter 7 . 12/25/2012
I'm absolutely in love with this
Guest chapter 7 . 12/16/2012
First off, i absolutely love this story, seriously, you have me clinging on to every word. but there is one plot hole that i Don't quite understand, and i thought about this a lot well reading the comics and watching the show too. if diclonius need humans to reproduce, wouldn't killing all humans also kill all diclonius as well? i mean unless they find another way to have kids, after every human is dead diclonius wont be able to make children resulting in their extinction. so in a way, their own instincts will be their downfall. which is pretty scary if you think about it. again, i love this story and i'm gonna read the rest right now. thank you for writing this awesome story
TheCuriousReader chapter 44 . 12/10/2012
Well, the story is coming to an end. I wish a happy wedding ceremony for Kohta and Lucy. I wonder, who will catch the flower blucket that is thrown by the bride behind her back at any wedding in the western world? :) Of course the eastern wedding ceremonies are probably different from the western. Maybe they don't throw flower buckets.
TheCuriousReader chapter 43 . 11/13/2012
Twenty million people. Ryu will be "busy" for a very *very* long time indeed. At least time flows differently in the Nexus. The sheer scale and magnitude of what he has done will finally become apparent to him after talking with *each* of these people, learning about their lifes, their dreams, the paths, they had taken and wanted to take in their lifes and so on. All this has been extinguished by Ryu in an instant. It will probably take many years to gain forgiveness from even *one* person (Just think about how much time Lucy has needed to gain forgiveness from Kouta and Yuka! Don't forget that Kohta's father was Yuka's uncle and Kohta's little sister Kanae was Yuka's younger cousin.) ... but Ryu will have to gain forgiveness from so *many* people! (And there must have been thousands of children like Kanae and younger among the victims.) A good thing that time is subjective there. I have a feeling that Ryu and Baldur won't be alone in the Nexus for much longer. Many of the people, he has killed, would probably wish to stay with him in order to watch him and observe his actions (like guards observing a prisoner). The Nexus of all Realities will become Ryu's prison for an *unimaginably* long time. The humans will make sure of this. They will learn about Baldur's role as Ryu's "prison guard and link to the Queen" but also friend from a former life, they will learn about the history of the world and Ryu's role in it, they will learn about the true nature of the diclonii and the Chaos Lords. And then the humans may decide that additional people should take on the role of prison guards and watch the dragon, who have no emotional attachments to him, like Baldur, to make sure, he fulfills his promises to the Queen to the letter. (The slained souls may even organize their own "council" to judge and control Ryu indefinitely. And make sure he somehow atones for each of the deaths, he has caused. Twenty million deaths means twenty million *individual* forms of atonement. Hard to tell how this will look like. But it's something the guardian of the Nexus should be able to fulfill.) This way Ryu will be surrounded by thousands of members from the very species, he used to hate so much in secret. He will be watched by many of the human souls, he has slained. (On the other hand many other humans may not wish to remain in one place with their *vile murderer*, the one, who not only killed them but their children as well.) Given enough "Nexus time" the Nexus will become a very crowded place indeed. And Ryu won't be able to forbid or prevent the slained souls from staying with him in the Nexus, because otherwise the Queen and King Kohta would visit him ... again. ;-) Ryu and Baldur won't be lonely for much longer. Instead they will be surrounded by people, who will hate them with passion at first and some may even try to kill Ryu and even Baldur for speaking up in Ryu's favor. (I hope that in this case Ryu will understand them and simply defend himself *without* hurting the attackers.) Over the course of centuries the collective hatred of the slained souls will finally start to fade. Slained humans will come to the Nexus and leave the Nexus, only to return after a while to confront their murderer once again. The seemingly simple question "Why?" will be asked and repeated again and again and again. And - who knows - maybe some of the killed humans, who stayed in order to watch him, will very slowly start to first respect him and maybe even *secretly* like him during these centuries and ironically become Ryu's human followers. (Of course this will only happen if Ryu not just apologizes but somehow *individually* atones for each of the lifes, he has taken. Seeing the dragon in action, preventing some vile evil from entering one of the Realities connected to the Nexus may help to rise the sympathy for him as well. ) Given enough time the humans will grow tired of their hatred and their feelings of hatred will be replaced by resignation and sadness. Ryu may grow so attached to the slained humans visiting him during the centuries that he wouldn't want to live without their constant vigilant presence in the Nexus. :) He will finally remember, why he loved the human species so much before the betrayal and the genocide performed upon his species by certain humans. Of course this kind of highly speculative development will only happen after an *extremely* long timeframe. We are talking about many centuries here.

( Of course among those twenty million people there may have been a *very* small percentage of people like rapists, sadistic serial killers and so on. So Ryu won't have to apologize to them. Obviously the *vast* majority of slained souls will hate them as well. This small percentage of people won't even be allowed into the Nexus to visit the dragon. The other slained humans themselves will not allow it. )