Reviews for Persequor
My Solitude chapter 5 . 4/12/2014
Interesting story! xD
Niwaki chapter 5 . 8/13/2010
loved Harry's comments, it was a dry and entertaining humor thanks for this!
Steven Kodaly chapter 5 . 6/19/2010
This is a VERY well written piece; I thoroughly enjoyed it. Should you ever get that script of Revenant Wings, I would greatly enjoy your take on events therein. Unfortunately, as I haven't finished playing that game (or FFXII, for that matter) I can't exactly type up a thorough synopsis of the plot, never mind a detailed script.

Your use of Gate Crystals to bypass some zones (and putting in the potential to 'trace' transit via those same crystals) was a nice touch.
Von chapter 5 . 1/28/2010
I'm very grateful for you writing this. I've been trying to finish FFXII for YEARS and failing miserably. I keep wanting to play it as I love Final Fantasy (usually) but struggle with characters I either don't like or can't identify with, not to mention confusing or boring wars and a grinding battle system that makes me want to bash heads heads open.

Now, thanks to you, I don't have to keep forcing myself to continue! I know what happens and there's nothing that sounds good enough to force me to keep playing! HOORAY!

Congratulations on managing to write the entire story within 5 chapters! Incredible! Your characterisations seemed to be spot on (from what I could see, having only played up to Archades) with Ashe constantly giving the impression she was five seconds away from grabbing all the nethicite she could get her royal little hands on and just slaughtering people like good 'ole grandaddy Dynast-King, Vaan being so annoyingly rude and dim that you wonder if he IS actually supposed to be the main character or not and Basch firmly loyal yet not stupidly so.

I've love to write a story some day where FFXII played out VERY differently (the amount of times Ashe was captured and released/escaped is just silly) and probably without a last-second-enlightened-Princess, but I'm frankly too afraid to do all the required research for it!

So congratulations and thank you again! I applaude you!
Key of Ra chapter 5 . 10/21/2009
Ah, rereading this has brought back fond memories. That, and another wave of shame that I had never reviewed. Bad Aya. Well, like Convergence, I read Persequor long before I ever played the game. Actually, I still haven't gotten through the Nalbina Dungeons... Um... Anyway, unlike Convergence, Persequor was written so that I could understand it without playing the game. I applaud you for that. It's a rather difficult thing to do in fanfiction.

I'm not sure if it's because I fell in love with BalthierHarry before I ever really got a chance to pair the characters based off their interactions in the game, or if it's just my general lack of really caring for any of the characters besides Balthier and Al-Cid that has my brain shut down when faced with most pairings for FFXII. LarsaPenelo and BalthierVaan are the only ones I've really supported... Either way I'm blaming you for it completely. *grins*

Thanks for giving me such a great springboard into the fandom.

~Amaya
EmpyrealFantasy chapter 5 . 5/17/2009
I find this so horribly unfair.

SO UNFAIR.

I finished this and was left whining, and what do I do? I click into the crossover section for HP and FFXII... and poof. NOTHING ELSE. Well, except the HarryxVann, but as I don't like Vann much... well. I like Balthier romance in my FFXII fiction, tyvm. So now I am wibbling at the archive and poking it solemnly. WOE IS ME.

But this was beautiful. I wish Harry had had a bit more interaction and involvement, but I loved it just the same. I haven't played in a few months, so you easily brought back the game for me, and the lovely subtle interplay between Harry and Baltheir was... lovely. :) Maybe we can poke you for a oneshot showing the progression of their relationship? *grin*

Anyway, lovely. And now I am bereft.

Ah, I just got your reply. :) And the only esper I -really- hated was Zodiark, but that was because there is no savepoint near him so if you die? Hour of walk to get back. I gave up on him, yes I did. :P I can't remember which one was in Rabanastre, though. The memory - it blurs!

Thank you much for this fic... and woe is Empy for there not being more. D: But I shouldn't have expected less than amazing from you, as you were the one who got me into darker!Harry fics and then HarryTom with One Winged Angel. I didn't even realize it was you, and now I'm squealing. XD And look at me now, luvvie! XD
EmpyrealFantasy chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
Wow. Just *wow*.

This crossover caught my eye for two reasons. For one thing... uhh, weird factor! FFXII and HP are two fandoms I didn't even think of crossing. Therefore, the uniqueness totally got me interested. But the biggest reason was that I love Balthier with a multitude of men... and I like Harry with a multitude of men. Why not combine the two? XD

I wasn't expecting to be so enthralled so quickly.

Wow. You've really sucked me into this world, totally enraptured. You write amazingly and captured the speech patterns of the characters, the personalities of them. You're amazing; has anyone told you that lately?

I look forward to reading more. Yay, next chapter!
Nederis chapter 5 . 5/12/2009
First I wanted to write, that I absolutely love the Convergence. However there is a very big "but" to the Persequor.

Why does Harry must be such a silly, useles tag-along?

Although it's a nice, well writen story I really don't know why you even bothered to make it a crossover, because frankly speaking Hallam must be the most boring person they meet.
OctoberThirtyFirst chapter 4 . 1/16/2009
Got your reply. Fair enough. Harry seems a lot like an OC than Harry Potter, but I'll leave this to you. It's your story after all.
OctoberThirtyFirst chapter 3 . 1/16/2009
I like it, but what's the point of adding harry if you're just re-telling the story? He's done nothing compared to avatar of the occuria.
Ninjababe chapter 5 . 10/2/2008
I adore this story. I love crossovers, and I find myself really loving this pairing...

I adore this so much, I had to start playing FFXII again... Even though I know it'll be days of playing time to get through it all.

Thank you for writing it!
yllom21 chapter 5 . 7/9/2008
I really enjoyed this! You wrote the charecters brilliantly well, and I loved your Harry! You writing style and language is brilliant as well. Nicely done!
yllom21 chapter 2 . 7/8/2008
Good story so far! I'll leave a proper review once I finish.
Azurez chapter 5 . 5/4/2008
Wow it's done already -whistles- that was a great fic, I enjoyed it alot :D

So what's next on you're long list of fic mi-lady? I am most certainlly looking forward to them :D
Morrolan chapter 5 . 5/4/2008