Reviews for Detente
Rebakah chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
That's perfect.
Can't think of more words to describe the reconciliation.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
He thought of Sirius and Snape standing across from each other in the kitchen at 12 Grimmauld Place , of the palpable waves of hatred that had filled the room, and how Harry had held Snape in contempt for his inability to just put down a stupid schoolboy rivalry. But wasn't that what this was, a stupid schoolboy rivalry?

-Yeah, Sirius Black only tried to kill Snape, and his only regret (as an adult) was that he hadn't succeeded. Guess that part was just fine with Harry.

And Harry only sliced Draco's face off; minor compared to what some Gryffindors did to Slytherins without any real punishment (Weasley twins and Montague, etc.). At least Harry isn't making the same mistake with Draco that Sirius Black did with Snape (it's not paranoia on Snape's part; Sirius did try to smack Snape's head around in PoA. But of course it's always ok to do that to Slytherins, right? And Sirius Black never, ever apologized for Snape for anything, and neither did Remus Lupin. Dumbledore didn't think attempted murder of a Slytherin was important, either).

I do love the ending of this story. Harry _has_ learned (after all, he's done Unforgivables, too).

Nicely done.
steepedinwords chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Very satisfying. I like seeing the 'acknowledgement' referred to in the Epilogue of DH played out. Well done.

(Except for Boot's death. Not that that wasn't well written... just sad.)
icansoar chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
I like that they were able to come to a truce. Great story!
Sophie-Shore chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
I loved it! I liked how you got Harry and Draco's relationships, and the little struggle to know what Dark Magic really is. Your work is great!
felixfelish46 chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Terry! I thought he was a goner in the DAYD story, but i'm glad that he had the chance to talk to Harry before he went, and I loved the Draco-Harry bit, its good to see that maybe everyone can benefit and move forward after the battle, even those who we might not expect
Shadows-of-Realm chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
I liked the way they forgave each other! Great job!
BF chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Wonderful. I've finished reading through everything in the DAYDverse, and I think this is just as powerful, even if the details are different. Though I must say, you have a talent in thinking up remarkably gruesome deaths. *Shivers.*
Psyche29 chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
This was... touching. Deeply, sincerely, magically. The horror of Terry's suffering, the ease with which he was able to let go; Luna's matter-of-fact-ness, her seemingly scattered conversation points as she sweetly, carefully, gently cleaned up the traces and restored him to himself and made things right for Harry as well - these were beautifully written and had tears in my eyes.

The relief swamping Madam Pomfrey was so very her, exactly what I would have expected, as well as the no-nonsense strip-or-I'll-do-it-for-you attitude displayed before the relief.

I laughed when I heard about Pansy's...affliction, knowing it'd have been Ginny's doing.

And then there was the end. If that wasn't among the bravest things either of those young men did, I will eat my shoes. That is what I'd call manning up and taking the step from adolescent to adulthood, and it was done gorgeously, both by Harry and Draco, and by you in the way you wrote it.

Bravo, and thanks for the smile. :)
Risque Tendencies chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Oh wow. This is really outstanding. A great way to end their feud. After all, we wouldn't want another Capulet/Montague type situation.
swerley chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
Wow. That was...intense is the only word that pops into my brain right now. Terry's death was excruciating to read, but the appearance of the unflappable Luna lightened my heavy heart remarkably well. Poppy's brusque behavior hiding her shaken state and showing her much more compassionate than JKR managed to make her seem thoughout the series was equally well done. I especially liked how you showed Harry and Draco putting their petty, childish disputes behind them. They could probably never be friends, but they don't have to be enemies, either. Bravo, young man. You are very talented, in witing as well as art. I hope you do something really wonderful with it.
PrettyFanGirl chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Very good, can't wait to read more!
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
Perfect- I loved how you say its the last words he ever spoke to him. This is an amazing look into how they can be civil, grow up, learn and yet not become friends and not ever like each other. It was very well done.

KrisEleven~
SWaddict1986 chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
"He knew it was wrong that he wanted to laugh or maybe cry with delight that it wasn’t anyone who…but no, of course Boot mattered. They all mattered. Terry was still someone’s son, someone’s friend."

Yeah, seriously. Nice of him to remember that.

"“Yes, sir. He lost an eye, but he says it will just improve his concentration on the Quaffle.” Moppet paused a moment and cast him a look that showed a gravely sympathetic doubt for the sanity of Harry’s old Quidditch captain. “Moppet thinks he may still be Confunded a bit.”"

LOL oh that's Oliver all right. hahaha

Poor House Elf, she must be a wreck.

"“They feed on spilled blood,” Luna explained matter-of-factly. She regarded Boot between handfuls, tipping her head slightly. “I don’t suppose he’d mind now, really, but it seems like the right thing to do. He never liked things he couldn’t see.”"

That was nice of her.

And yes, the analogy to the...Snikkett birds...is so very true.

The poor kids.

"“I know all about you Potter men and your feuds. I patched up James and Severus for years. Hair-loss hexes, blood-boiling curses, every jinx and anti-jinx in the book…even Sectumsempra a few times…” She fixed him with a stern look, “Oh, I had a perfectly good idea where you learned it, yes, Potter. And you and the Malfoy boy have sent one another through my hospital wing more times than I care to think about. So if you intend to start something…”"

hahaha That doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

I'm sure the first time Pomfrey had Harry in the Hospital Wing she thought 'here we go again.' :P

"But really, said this older voice, what is Dark magic? Is it Dark magic to use spells to humiliate and torture someone? Is it not Dark magic when you used Unforgivable curses yourself? Is that really reason enough to keep this going for the rest of your lives?"

Smart boy. I'm very glad he thought of that.

And I'm glad they began being civil to each other from the start (well, the end). Very mature of the both of them. I like that
madbrad chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Excellent. Good writing and some very good post-battle ideas.

You know, coming out of DH I couldn't see why Draco should have been spared incarceration at Azkaban (which is what Rowling said in one of her interviews) but over time, reading stories like this ... hm. But when all's said and done, he *did* let terrorists into the castle (who might have killed students), attempted to murder Dumbledore twice and so on. No, I think you're being too lenient with him, sorry :D