Reviews for Detente
SWaddict1986 chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
"He knew it was wrong that he wanted to laugh or maybe cry with delight that it wasn’t anyone who…but no, of course Boot mattered. They all mattered. Terry was still someone’s son, someone’s friend."

Yeah, seriously. Nice of him to remember that.

"“Yes, sir. He lost an eye, but he says it will just improve his concentration on the Quaffle.” Moppet paused a moment and cast him a look that showed a gravely sympathetic doubt for the sanity of Harry’s old Quidditch captain. “Moppet thinks he may still be Confunded a bit.”"

LOL oh that's Oliver all right. hahaha

Poor House Elf, she must be a wreck.

"“They feed on spilled blood,” Luna explained matter-of-factly. She regarded Boot between handfuls, tipping her head slightly. “I don’t suppose he’d mind now, really, but it seems like the right thing to do. He never liked things he couldn’t see.”"

That was nice of her.

And yes, the analogy to the...Snikkett birds...is so very true.

The poor kids.

"“I know all about you Potter men and your feuds. I patched up James and Severus for years. Hair-loss hexes, blood-boiling curses, every jinx and anti-jinx in the book…even Sectumsempra a few times…” She fixed him with a stern look, “Oh, I had a perfectly good idea where you learned it, yes, Potter. And you and the Malfoy boy have sent one another through my hospital wing more times than I care to think about. So if you intend to start something…”"

hahaha That doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

I'm sure the first time Pomfrey had Harry in the Hospital Wing she thought 'here we go again.' :P

"But really, said this older voice, what is Dark magic? Is it Dark magic to use spells to humiliate and torture someone? Is it not Dark magic when you used Unforgivable curses yourself? Is that really reason enough to keep this going for the rest of your lives?"

Smart boy. I'm very glad he thought of that.

And I'm glad they began being civil to each other from the start (well, the end). Very mature of the both of them. I like that
madbrad chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Excellent. Good writing and some very good post-battle ideas.

You know, coming out of DH I couldn't see why Draco should have been spared incarceration at Azkaban (which is what Rowling said in one of her interviews) but over time, reading stories like this ... hm. But when all's said and done, he *did* let terrorists into the castle (who might have killed students), attempted to murder Dumbledore twice and so on. No, I think you're being too lenient with him, sorry :D
L.A.H.H chapter 1 . 5/22/2008
Poor Malfoy. That last bit was very poignant and a nice insight into Harry's mind. Well written
themoormaiden chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
Just... wow! This was amazing, you are quite the describer D

Poor Terry Boot, the way you described his injuries was almost horrific, yet I like the way he died peacefully and without any malice for the war.

The conversation between Harry and Draco was also rather touching - Keep up the fantastic work!
Laughing Luna chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
Very nice. I'm glad that the Harry/Draco feud ended.
littlelightbulb chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
wow. i'm a huge h/d fan, and while this can't really be called slash, it shows a civility between them that's beautifully in character and written well. my only complaint is i don't think draco would actually compliment harry, even if they had just agreed to a truce- i thought that was a little much.
21 | « Prev Page 1 2