Reviews for Maison Belle
your knight in tinfoil armor chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
Up there, where he's counting the deaths, you use seven twice, and then go to eight. Just thought you might like to know.

And I only spotted that because it's my second time reading.

Jack
your knight in tinfoil armor chapter 2 . 6/1/2009
Oh my god. I kind of love the Trickster now. :D

Jack
kirallie chapter 2 . 8/17/2008
So was the Trickster around the whole time or only after Sam called him? Will it work? What does Sam owe him?
hellioness chapter 2 . 7/16/2008
Great job. I liked that this is both a tag fic and an interesting SPN story of its own. And the ending was awesome...I deal with a trickster. Uh oh. A Winchester 3peat. I wonder what's the catch for poor Sam? Looking forward to a sequel. Adding this to my rec list, if you don't mind.
heartfallen chapter 2 . 6/12/2008
Neat story
Stoneage Woman chapter 2 . 5/19/2008
Wow. This was beyond amazing. One of the best Mystery Spot tags I've read. One pet peeve- wouldn't Sam have been more hung up on the Wednesday than on the Tuesday? And I would have liked Dean to find out that he was dead for months. Other than that, though, it was great. Loved your originality in using the Trickster to get Dean out of the Deal. Oh, how I wish this had happened during the season finale...
irismay42 chapter 2 . 5/3/2008
Read this on a rec (thanks Carocali!) and I'm so glad I did! This is surely the best post-Mystery Spot story I've read (in fact, one of the best fics I've read!) I loved how you really got under the skin of how Sam would have felt in the wake of going through all that - something, thanks to the writers strike, the show didn't actually have the time to do. The ghost's using his fears against him - showing him Dean dead and then possessed / as a demon - was truly horrific, and I really liked how Dean actually began to understand just exactly what Sam had gone through on those Tuesdays - again something the show didn't really have time to explore.

You wrote the boys perfectly, and I think I actually cheered when I realised who Jerry was! Absolutely loved him in Phantom Traveler, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone use him in a fic. I really liked Jayne and Leo too, and the parallel between Dean not being able to let Sam go in AHBL2 and Sam not being able to let Dean go now.

Okay I'll stop blithering now.

Fantasic story - loved every word!
Rat chapter 2 . 5/1/2008
That was two tonnes of awesomeness. Wow, what a fantastic story. i love how broken Sam is, it's just perfect. And the ending totally rocks.
carocali chapter 2 . 4/20/2008
""He was trying to teach me a lesson last time." Sam swallows and makes a face, as if telling the truth tastes weird. Maybe it does.

"What kind of lesson?"

Sam's silent so long Dean thinks he's not going to answer, but then Sam says "That I should stop trying to save you." Sam rubs the back of his neck, his expression bleak.

Dean considers this. From Sam's reluctance to elaborate and general air of misery, he's probably telling the truth. "Huh," Dean says, "that's just…" he flails for a word and settles on "rude. I'm totally worth saving.""

Ah, there's that beautiful dialogue again! You SO get them and write them both so perfectly. Such a Dean thing to say!

And to prove that Dean IS worth saving, Sam sneaks out and performs a ritual to Loki. I'm not sure where you got this ritual, but it's pretty damn impressive! I imagine that stuff like this is going on all the time and that Sam is researching his heart out trying to find a way to save Dean. He knows that the Trickster IS trying to teach him a lesson, but the lesson that Sam takes out of it is almost a 'respect your elders,' which, in the end, plays to his advantage. Next time, he'll remember the corn nuts! :D

But in the meantime, this ghost has it bad for Sam. She is just throwing everything possible at him - eating away at his core of guilt of all the mistakes he's made. Man, she's mean! She also brings another reveal that Dean will be thinking about for a while:

"What are you? The ghost chokes out, eyes burning into Sam.

Dean strides forward, shotgun ready. “He’s a guy with a brother who’s sick of looking at you,” Dean says, and he shoots the bitch."

Dean plays with confidence, but as he mentioned to Sam earlier, he occasionally listens - when he's bored...

Wonderful parallels through the whole story. Another fantastic journey into the lives of the Winchesters!

:D

Caroline
Harrigan chapter 2 . 4/20/2008
This deserves a better review, but it's too late at night for me to be coherent enough to try. So accept simply my thanks for a story I genuinely enjoyed!
carocali chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
I rewatched Mystery Spot again and have to say that it's definitely one of my favorite episodes. There is SO much there to dissect, and I'm so glad you decided to take a crack at this since I love the way you write the boys.

"Sam lies in the dark, listening to Dean breathe. He can't sleep, doesn't even try. Instead, he counts. He doesn’t want to, but he can’t stop himself. It’s become a nightly ritual, a habit he can’t (won't) break. One, shot with a rifle. Two, hit by a car. Three, crushed. Four, food poisoning. Five, cracked skull. Six, electrocution. Seven, shot with an arrow. Seven, broken neck. It’s like a sick nursery rhyme, something out of Ten Little Indians. Eight, suffocation. Nine, decapitation. Ten, asphyxiation. Eleven, mauled. Twelve, stabbed. Thirteen, hit by a bus. Fourteen, aneurysm."

Absolutely something Sammy would sit and ponder; know every detail of. It's his constant failure, over and over again. No matter what he did, he couldn't find a way to stop Dean from dying. The Trickster kept winning. Of course he'd obsess over it! And now, Dean is just as freaked, seeing the change in Sam, but having no idea what actually happened from Wednesday on.

Once they get back into the hunt (nice call back to Jerry from Phantom Traveler) Sam's true colors come through - taking charge and looking for answers. He's used to working alone now and Dean doesn't like it. Then the house comes alive, spewing at them to get out. The woman appears to Sam; a little boy to Dean. But somehow, Sam becomes delusional - seeing his brother die again in front of him. He can't take it anymore, not after finally getting him back, and the cold, dark Sam emerges to take revenge. And that scares the hell out of Dean.

The little boy comes to the rescue and gets them outside, battered and bleeding, but the fresh air seems to break Sam from the spell. Now Dean really wants to know what's going on...

I love everything about this and where it's going! The words are just so natural from your 'pen' and your throw away lines like "Like he’s supposed to wait until the ghost is actually choking him? He’s been there, done that more times than he cares to count" are just so well executed and perfect it makes me stop for a moment to really absorb them!

And hooray! There's another chapter to read later today!

:D

Caroline
Nana56 chapter 2 . 4/17/2008
Freakin' awesome! It'd sure be nice if it works out that way, huh?

Thanks so much for this amazing story that took me on a roller coaster ride. Fantastic!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Gut-wrenching! Really well done!
Hope Calaris chapter 2 . 4/17/2008
This hurt in all the right spots, I even may have tears in my eyes. Thanks for sharing it with us.
raputathebuta chapter 2 . 4/17/2008
This was really good! I liked Jerry so it was fun to see him again. Interesting idea on Sam summoning the Trickster for help with the deal.

I like how you had 2 different stories going on around & within one another here...the haunted house & the deal. Nice work!