Reviews for Baptism by Fire
jesi ki kage chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Now that is really interesting. Very nice and good approach. I like, good job.
A-Stretched-Mind chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
that was so thought provoking...i liked it a lot! made so much sense. it really gave a good insight into eugenes mind and why he did everything he did.
Wolfstorm7 chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Philosophy class exercise? You better have gotten a perfect score on it. The ideas here are extremely well presented, and the last three lines are genius.

I'm usually not a fan of script-format, but it worked so well here. Thanks for a great read!
Dorryen Golde chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
I love it, though some of Eugene's monologues are a tad bit too consciously philosophical. My absolute favorite part is the discussion about altruism-Eugene is perfectly in character. And the last three lines are AMAZING.
G chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Fascinating. An interesting insight into living up to people's expectations. I really enjoyed this fic, great work.
oddity chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
Great fic, underrated, like Gattaca. I just realized Eugene and Vincent essentially shared the same philosophy- "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again."
A Matter of Unimportance chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
That was extremely good, and very thought-provoking. Original, too. I like this a lot. :)
IceSnowAndGlamour chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
Very interesting. Best part:"GOD: Maybe you don’t want them to.

EUGENE: Maybe I don’t."

I also liked the part where he's talking about "No. No. Don't make me a savior," and "I'd been manufactured."