Reviews for I Let Them Go
Yandere Shoujo chapter 36 . 2/26
I think you spent too much time on the rooftop and Cissnei trying not to fall. In the Final Fantasy Universe, nothing short of a bottomless pit is lethal. And even that's iffy. Also, people have survived worse, and I mean ordinary people escaping 1000 feet high falls with nary a broken bone. Suicide victims aren't as lucky though.
Yandere Shoujo chapter 10 . 2/26
You write crying quite well, but not sure how I feel about a Turk crying.
Yandere Shoujo chapter 1 . 2/25
I only wish this wasn't in 1st person. I like Cissnei and I love it when people remember her. But 1st person is just such a pain to read unless it's done by a professional. I'll press on, but I can only hope I can get past my disdain since this seems interesting.
damagectrl.07 chapter 53 . 12/18/2014
I've been meaning to read this way back but I only had time to do so now. I regret not being able to read this sooner because it's a brilliant fic. Absolutely loved your take on the events after Crisis Core. Your portrayal of Cissnei is amazing. I have nothing but praise for this fic and your writing. I'm gonna read the sequel now, which is probably just as good. Even though I haven't read the He Let Me Live yet, I'm also excited for the sequel you're planning for that. More badass Cissnei, yay!

Great job!
Ardwynna Morrigu chapter 3 . 6/8/2014
I'm definitely glad I came across this fic. It's long, looks like a nice meaty read, has a great character perspective and isn't too bogged down with the weight of its own plot. That 'meet the parents' scene was just right for easing the tension. Thanks for writing this. Looks like I'll have plenty of fic to relax with for some time. :)
Ardwynna Morrigu chapter 1 . 6/6/2014
Great beginning, introspective and full of suspense.
iAMwhatIamK chapter 53 . 12/29/2013
-Alright, it took me awhile to get it, but I love what you did with this chapter! Having Cissnei walk to death's door while still being able to hear what's happening in the real world! Excellent!
-Dang it! Would have loved to see her see Zack, but oh well...

Stunning chapter! You are eventually going to see a picture based off this one! I'm speechless! Magnificent job!
iAMwhatIamK chapter 52 . 12/28/2013
First off, I love the call back to 'Lucky Stars' with the name of this chapter. Very nice.
Second, this is my second readthrough because this chapter was so impactful, I needed to read it again to be able to review it effectively.

-First full paragraph- excellent imagery!
-Would have loved to see Reno's initial reaction to seeing Cissnei alive, but oh well...
-While the battle scene is beautifuly written, it lacks that quick pacing. The drawn out sentences are wonderful, but I've read that shorter sentences are better for driving battle sequences.
-'fierce some'- I don't know if that's written correctly.
-Description of Cissnei getting electricuted is wonderfully written (Dang, that must a hurt!)
-Reno's dramatic change- perfect.
-Random note: I love how Cissnei's nickname is so similar to one of mine.
-Reno's parting advise to her- I have no idea whether to laugh or cry. Golly, he's cute when he's emotional.
-Is Cissnei aware it's actually Cloud, or does she think she's in some kind of limbo where he's with her as she's dying, or does she think Death looks like Cloud?
-Final paragraph: is Cissnei seeing the beginning of the pillar collapse?

Like I mentioned before, I loved this chapter and it nearly drove me to tears. Very well written and the emotion is so genunine, it's earthshattering. I'm so sad to see this story coming to a close.
iAMwhatIamK chapter 51 . 12/27/2013
-How you wirte Marlene is perfect for a kid of her age, but also with her mental maturity.
-the power of imagination! Thank you for incorperating the sock monster (his weakness is safety pins-pin your socks together before washing them, and they never lose their friend).
-Grief of a child- been there, great job writing it.
-more indirect characterization; well done, finally piecing together Cissnei's past
-This chapter is going to break my heart, isn't it?
-Reno?! Shoot, this is about to get violent.

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this chapter. It's flipping amazing! You wonderfully counterbalance the sorrow with the childlike innocence in the beginning, and illustrate Cissnei's emotions beautifully. Now what I'd love to see is how Aerith gets Marlene to safety. Must keep reading!
iAMwhatIamK chapter 50 . 12/26/2013
-First paragraph-beautiful analogy
-Typos -'Its time I start acting (sould be it's)',
-You described Shinra's leaders (minus Reeve [sometimes] and Tseng) perfectly with the swine analogy; most of them look like it too!
-Barret, I may not like your mouth, but at least you care about these girls and what that sick minded Don would do to them. Thank you sir!
-What did Jess do to Biggs to deserve a 'what was that for?'
-Nice description of the coach and chocobo

I can understand why this would be a difficult chapter to write; this was by far the most uncomfortable part of any game I've ever experienced (Don trying to seduce Cloud...I need brain bleach). Honestly, I think you did alright considering the subject matter. You tied it into to the game quite well, made sense as to why Jess isn't there and Tifa is, and brought back poor awkward Cloud. Not your best work, but still a good read. Well done.
iAMwhatIamK chapter 49 . 12/25/2013
Only four more chapters-I hate to see this end :'(

Sorry, for the lack of review, but I couldn't break from reading this. What an incredibly painful chapter to read. The entire time I was shaking; I know what it's like to be there, so without hope, wanting the pain to go away so badly. You illustrated that so beautifully in this chapter, with such potent emotion. However, as I'm certain will arrive in a later chapter, there is healing and forgiveness that can come from all the pain. It just takes time.

Well done, my friend.
iAMwhatIamK chapter 48 . 12/24/2013
-Stupid card key deadlines; I hate it when my card turns on me and gets the authorities after me.
-Biggs and Cissnei's exchange is super cute! Nice to see that side of him.
-Blood Tastes- hate those things so much! (And they only show up during this part of the game, so well done!)
-'Well, you know the rest language we'vecome to expect'- missing something here
-Internal battle over the slide- very creative and amusing
-Stairs- good thing Cissnei isn't around when the others sneak into Shinra; 59 levels of pure fun right there.
-'Turn into a different person' you're so close, Biggs, so insanely close (love the whole Jekell and Hyde thing Cissnei goes through as well)
-The last scene is positively heart wrenching; well done.

I enjoyed this chapter to no end! The development of Cissnei's relationship with Biggs and Wedge was fantastic and a nice touch (even if they are to die soon). Like I said, the final scene was great and her all out rage towards Shinra was perfectly written. Gold star for you!

Merry Christmas, Sage!
iAMwhatIamK chapter 47 . 12/23/2013
Thanks in advance for spliting up chapters- did the same with one of my own stories, only it was more like 7,000 all together. But, enough about me...
-Foreboding is good (and thankfully, she's wrong on this...wait, crud she's going to freak when Cloud falls!)
-'Hare's breath,' is that right? I want to say it's 'hair's', but I could be wrong...
-Death personification - having flash backs to reading the Book Thief (nice job; especially love the line about seeing him only once)
-The Devil and Death working in Shin-ra...where doyou get this stuff?! It's gold! Brilliant!
-Typo- 'he arches and eyebrow'
-Does Jessie actually teach Cloud how to use materia in the game (I can't remember)? If so, you are even more wonderful! The fact that Barret recomends he speak with her is fantastic, especially after their Materia incident together. It's so perfect!
-What's going on with the cards?! Tell me, tell me, TELL ME!
-And now we get to hear from the other side of the tracks...train pun :D

Great chapter! It was amazingly fast paced, canon (to my knowledge), and was absolutely amazing! Well done; give the muse a cookie!
iAMwhatIamK chapter 46 . 12/22/2013
Before even reading (HOORAY! Writer's liberties!)
-Shoot! Nice detective work, Cissnei! However, her mad ninja detection skills are all but gone now.
-Men...that's all I'm gonna say.
-'Romeo was a hunk too, but Juliet's the one that suffered in the end.' I freaking love that quote! That's so Fantastic!
-Cissnei's reaction to Romeo... *dies laughing*
-Well thought out plan, parallels game elements (well done)
-Marlene in the bar alone-Don't know if you ever noticed this, but it one of the scenes where Cloud and Tifa are talking, she's mixing drinks in the background. I agree with you; that's just WRONG!

Great filler chapter; sure, you took liberities, but you did fantastic. I really enjoyed this chapter. Poor Cissnei though; these guys are gonna drive her to drink.
iAMwhatIamK chapter 45 . 12/20/2013
-Cloud, sometimes you are too cute for your own good! (BTW, Cloud is NOT tall; he's only 5'7")
-I don't blame Cissnei for freaking out; I'd be doing the same if there was a dude sleeping beside me (YUCK! EWW! Grossness!)
-'Why is there an infantryman in my bed?' First off, died laughing; second, Tifa doesn't know he's was infantry. She thinks he's SOLDIER.
-It's official; my future husband needs tobea hybrid of Zack and your Cloud! His sweetness towards Cissnei - good gracious, it slays me!
-From the paragraph where Tifa likens Cloud to Cissnei on, WOW! Major characterazation, background, and depth. Shoot girl, you brought it!

It was great getting to read this tonight. I had a hard day and will have another one tomorrow, so coming home and reading this was a pleasure. Thanks darling!