Reviews for Snarge
maritinkerbell chapter 1 . 4/27
I love this fic! You really took the time to explore the serious ramifications of a throwaway, almost comedic plot point. Wash's reaction is perfect, and I love how you decided what he told Kaylee and how Mal reacted. The characters are all on point.
Thescarredman chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Wow. Very complex interactions between Wash and Mal, and Wash and Zoe. Intriguing and skillful storytelling.
Amethyst Asheryn chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Wow. Thanks, again, for a great read. I love the character detail you go into here; it's fantastic-especially the work you've done with Wash. His inner thoughts and emotions are perfect.

Actually, everyone here is; I especially enjoyed the talk Wash had with Zoe about dead being dead, no matter how it happens, and Wash's realization that maybe even Mal wasn't altogether okay with putting a guy through the engine.

I have to guiltily admit that I hadn't thought all that much about Mal sending Crow into the engine before I read this. It definitely didn't strike me as a good thing, but by that episode-since I did watch them slightly out of order-I'd gotten used to Mal's calloused way of doing things. And I'd never even given a thought to Wash or Kaylee. So I enjoyed this fresh take-a lot.

"He straighted"-missing n.

"Kayle loved her captain."-Missing e on Kaylee.

Other than that, I didn't find anything wrong. Thanks for writing,

Ashe
Ella Greggs chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Well written, as always, with the usual impressive command of flying and engineering stuff. Excellent Wash/Zoe/Mal interactions, particularly how Zoe stays cool and resigned to what Mal did, even though Wash really wishes she'd get as angry as he is. Interesting, your Wash and my Wash search within themselves to decide how culpable they are in the crimes the crew commits, and whether they will continue to be party to them, and come to the same conclusions for the same reasons. I guess there aren't too many alternate explanations for how Wash reconciles himself to the life they lead.
Bombshell chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Excellent work! Dialogue and characterisations really rang true, and you picked an interesting plot point to write about.
Mokibobolink chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
I never really thought about what that little moment on screen could mean to Wash. Loved what you did with this.
aniuwolfe chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
Beautiful diction and tone. I loved it. Well done )

Stay amazing!

~Aniu
mischabren chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
GREAT.
beyondbettyjean chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
Loved it! Nice seeing Wash's POV. And loved him standing up to the Cap'n :]
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
You know I hadn't even looked at the author when I opened this story. Just saw "Wash-centric" and opened it. Because I usually read your fic on the other site, I kept reading this with wonder, thinking perhaps there was some other author who wrote Wash, and Zoe, (okay, all of them) as well as Leven Kemel. Silly me.

This was masterful, yet another example of taking a throw-away from the show and using it to give us insight into the characters (I'm thinking of Cold, Cold Ground). Scary good with the pilot and engine details.

Downright brilliant with "He trusted Zoe...up to a very certain, finite point. And that point was Mal." Oh I hurt *for* Wash, for the constant compromises that he has to make with himself because of that.

And I loved that at the end, Mal wasn't all that comfortable with what he'd done. Zoe could explain it away, Wash could even reluctantly see it as part of the overall crime, but Mal himself was at least partly ashamed.

Another brilliant bit of work to add to your collection.

Enfleurage/Darbymonster/prmolloy
writtenwordlover chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Well written, with the kind of moral implications that Wash was so timely in bringing to the surface in regards to Mal's impulsive actions. Oh why Joss! did you stifle his voice? And it makes one wonder, with Book and Wash gone, who will be the voice of dissent?
GillianRose chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
I really, really like your story. You put a lot of thought into a really brief moment from Train Job and gave it a lot of emotional/moral heft. Your character voices were well done, too.
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
The spirit of Wash- you haz it. )
jane0904 chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Excellent view from the other side. And in giving Wash's POV, we also see more of why Mal would do such a thing. And exceptionally well written. Thank you.